- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 718617, 13 pages
Dextran Sodium Sulphate Colitis Mouse Model: Traps and Tricks
Institute of Pathology, Medical Experimental Centre, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Zaloška 4, 1105 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Received 9 December 2011; Accepted 5 March 2012
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2012 Martina Perše and Anton Cerar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [31 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. D. Trottier, R. Irwin, Y. Li, L. R. McCabe, and P. J. Fraker, “Enhanced production of early lineages of monocytic and granulocytic cells in mice with colitis,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 109, no. 41, pp. 16594–16599, 2012.
- Yunliang Yao, Wenzheng Han, Jingjing Liang, Jian Ji, Jianli Wang, Harvey Cantor, and Linrong Lu, “ Glatiramer acetate ameliorates inflammatory bowel disease in mice through the induction of Qa-1-restricted CD8 + regulatory cells ,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 125–136, 2012.
- Felicitas L Koller, E Ashley Dozier, Ki Taek Nam, Mei Swee, Timothy P Birkland, William C Parks, and Barbara Fingleton, “Lack of MMP10 exacerbates experimental colitis and promotes development of inflammation-associated colonic dysplasia,” Laboratory Investigation, vol. 92, no. 12, pp. 1749–1759, 2012.
- Min Kyoung Cho, Mi Kyung Park, Shin Ae Kang, Seon Hee Choi, Soon Cheol Ahn, and Hak Sun Yu, “ Trichinella spiralis Infection Suppressed Gut Inflammation with CD4 + CD25 + Foxp3 + T Cell Recruitment ,” The Korean Journal of Parasitology, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 385, 2012.
- Shih-Ping Hung, Ming-Jen Sheu, Ming Chieh Ma, Jui-Ting Hu, Ya-Yun Sun, Chin-Cheng Lee, Yuan-Chiang Chung, Yi-Ju Tsai, Jing-Yuan Wang, and Chih-Li Chen, “Runx1-Deficient Afferents Impair Visceral Nociception, Exacerbating Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colitis,” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2013.
- Giovanni Dothel, Valentina Vasina, Giovanni Barbara, and Fabrizio De Ponti, “Animal models of chemically induced intestinal inflammation: Predictivity and ethical issues,” Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 71–86, 2013.
- Daniela Börnigen, Xochitl C. Morgan, Eric A. Franzosa, Boyu Ren, Ramnik J. Xavier, Wendy S. Garrett, and Curtis Huttenhower, “Functional profiling of the gut microbiome in disease-associated inflammation,” Genome Medicine, vol. 5, no. 7, 2013.
- Mary E. Morgan, Bin Zheng, Pim J. Koelink, Hendrick J. G. van de Kant, Lizette C. J. M. Haazen, Manon van Roest, Johan Garssen, Gert Folkerts, and Aletta D. Kraneveld, “New Perspective on Dextran Sodium Sulfate Colitis: Antigen-Specific T Cell Development during Intestinal Inflammation,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Bénédicte Brounais-Le Royer, Dominique D. Pierroz, Dominique Velin, Christophe Frossard, Xin Xiao Zheng, Hans-Anton Lehr, Sylvie Ferrari-Lacraz, and Serge L. Ferrari, “Effects of an Interleukin-15 Antagonist on Systemic and Skeletal Alterations in Mice with DSS-Induced Colitis,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 182, no. 6, pp. 2155–2167, 2013.
- Marc D. Cook, Stephen A. Martin, Collette Williams, Keith Whitlock, Matthew A. Wallig, Brandt A. Pence, and Jeffrey A. Woods, “Forced treadmill exercise training exacerbates inflammation and causes mortality while voluntary wheel training is protective in a mouse model of colitis,” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2013.
- Leslie Knod, Eileen C. Donovan, Artur Chernoguz, Kelly M. Crawford, Mary R. Dusing, and Jason S. Frischer, “Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 inhibition in experimental murine colitis,” Journal of Surgical Research, 2013.
- Fangcong Dong, Lulu Zhang, Fuhua Hao, Huiru Tang, and Yulan Wang, “ Systemic Responses of Mice to Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Acute Ulcerative Colitis Using 1 H NMR Spectroscopy ,” Journal of Proteome Research, pp. 130517081622002, 2013.
- Carla Petrella, Chiara Giuli, Maria Broccardo, Helene Eutamene, Christel Cartier, Mathilde Leveque, Andrea Bedini, Santi Spampinato, Lionel Bueno, Vassilia Theodorou, Giovanna Improta, and Simona Agostini, “Protective and worsening peripheral nociceptin/orphanin FQ receptor-mediated effect in a rat model of experimental colitis,” Pharmacological Research, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 72–79, 2013.
- Christine Dejea, Elizabeth Wick, and Cynthia L Sears, “Bacterial oncogenesis in the colon,” Future Microbiology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 445–460, 2013.
- Feifei Tao, Cheng Qian, Wenjie Guo, Qiong Luo, Qiang Xu, and Yang Sun, “Inhibition of Th1/Th17 responses via suppression of STAT1 and STAT3 activation contributes to the amelioration of murine experimental colitis by a natural flavonoid glucoside icariin,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 798–807, 2013.
- Basalingappa M. Kanthesh, and Geoffrey I. Sandle, “Enhanced K+ secretion in dextran sulfate-induced colitis reflects upregulat ion of large conductance apical K+ channels (BK; Kcnma1),” American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, vol. 305, no. 9, pp. C972–C980, 2013.
- Audrey Seamons, Piper M. Treuting, and Thea Brabb, “Characterization of Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Inflammation and Colonic Tumorigenesis in Smad3(-/-) Mice with Dysregulated TGF beta,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Yosuke Shimada, Makoto Kinoshita, Kazuo Harada, Masafumi Mizutani, Kazunori Masahata, and Hisako Kayama, “Commensal Bacteria-Dependent Indole Production Enhances Epithelial Barrier Function in the Colon,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Marta Marin, Rosa Maria Giner, and Jose-Luis Rios, “Protective Effect of Apocynin in a Mouse Model of Chemically-Induced Coliti s,” Planta Medica, vol. 79, no. 15, pp. 1392–1400, 2013.
- Takukyu Sha, Keiko Igaki, Masashi Yamasaki, Takeshi Watanabe, and Noboru Tsuchimori, “Establishment and validation of a new semi-chronic dextran sulfate sodium-induced model of colitis in mice,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 23–29, 2013.
- Philipp Lenz, Dominik Bettenworth, Philipp Krausewitz, Markus Brückner, Steffi Ketelhut, Gert von Bally, Dirk Domagk, and Björn Kemper, “Digital holographic microscopy quantifies the degree of inflammation in experimental colitis,” Integrative Biology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 624, 2013.
- Ye Yang, Sarah Tomkovich, and Christian Jobin, “Could a Swimming Creature Inform Us on Intestinal Diseases? Lessons from Zebrafish,” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 956–966, 2014.
- Yuli Lin, Xuguang Yang, Wenjie Yue, Xiaofei Xu, Bingji Li, Linlin Zou, and Rui He, “Chemerin aggravates DSS-induced colitis by suppressing M2 macrophage polarization,” Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 2014.
- Mohamed E. Shaker, Sylvia A. Ashamallah, and Maha E. Houssen, “Celastrol ameliorates murine colitis via modulating oxidative stress, inflammatory cytokines and intestinal homeostasis,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, vol. 210, pp. 26–33, 2014.
- Yongwoo Jang, and Uhtaek Oh, “Anoctamin 1 in Secretory Epithelia,” Cell Calcium, 2014.
- Lindsey Devisscher, Pieter Hindryckx, Michael A Lynes, Anouk Waeytens, Claude Cuvelier, Filip De Vos, Christian Vanhove, Martine De Vos, and Debby Laukens, “Role of metallothioneins as danger signals in the pathogenesis of colitis,” The Journal of Pathology, 2014.
- T Akimova, H Xiao, Y Liu, T R Bhatti, J Jiao, E Eruslanov, S Singhal, L Wang, R Han, K Zacharia, W W Hancock, and U H Beier, “Targeting sirtuin-1 alleviates experimental autoimmune colitis by induction of Foxp3+ T-regulatory cells,” Mucosal Immunology, 2014.
- Kenta Hino, Atsushi Saito, Rie Asada, and Soshi Kanemoto, “Increased Susceptibility to Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Colitis in the E ndoplasmic Reticulum Stress Transducer OASIS Deficient Mice,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Luigia De Fazio, Elena Cavazza, Antonio Strillacci, Manuela Centanni, Marco Candela, Chiara Pratico, Massimo Campieri, Chiara Ricci, and Maria Chiara Valerii, “Longitudinal analysis of inflammation and microbiota dynamics in a model of mild chronic dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 2051–2061, 2014.
- C.L. Hayes, J.M.M. Natividad, J. Jury, R. Martin, P. Langella, and E.F. Verdu, “Efficacy of Bifidobacterium breve NCC2950 against DSS-induced colitis is dependent on bacterial preparation and timing of administration,” Beneficial Microbes, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 79–88, 2014.
- John P. Vu, Mulugeta Million, Muriel Larauche, Leon Luong, Joshua Norris, James A. Waschek, Charalabos Pothoulakis, Joseph R. Pisegna, and Patrizia M. Germano, “Inhibition of Vasoactive Intestinal Polypeptide (VIP) Induces Resistance to Dextran Sodium Sulfate (DSS)-Induced Colitis in Mice,” Journal of Molecular Neuroscience, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 37–47, 2014.