- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 718617, 13 pages
Dextran Sodium Sulphate Colitis Mouse Model: Traps and Tricks
Institute of Pathology, Medical Experimental Centre, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Zaloška 4, 1105 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Received 9 December 2011; Accepted 5 March 2012
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2012 Martina Perše and Anton Cerar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. D. Trottier, R. Irwin, Y. Li, L. R. McCabe, and P. J. Fraker, “Enhanced production of early lineages of monocytic and granulocytic cells in mice with colitis,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 109, no. 41, pp. 16594–16599, 2012.
- Yunliang Yao, Wenzheng Han, Jingjing Liang, Jian Ji, Jianli Wang, Harvey Cantor, and Linrong Lu, “ Glatiramer acetate ameliorates inflammatory bowel disease in mice through the induction of Qa-1-restricted CD8 + regulatory cells ,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 125–136, 2012.
- Felicitas L Koller, E Ashley Dozier, Ki Taek Nam, Mei Swee, Timothy P Birkland, William C Parks, and Barbara Fingleton, “Lack of MMP10 exacerbates experimental colitis and promotes development of inflammation-associated colonic dysplasia,” Laboratory Investigation, vol. 92, no. 12, pp. 1749–1759, 2012.
- Min Kyoung Cho, Mi Kyung Park, Shin Ae Kang, Seon Hee Choi, Soon Cheol Ahn, and Hak Sun Yu, “ Trichinella spiralis Infection Suppressed Gut Inflammation with CD4 + CD25 + Foxp3 + T Cell Recruitment ,” The Korean Journal of Parasitology, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 385, 2012.
- Shih-Ping Hung, Ming-Jen Sheu, Ming Chieh Ma, Jui-Ting Hu, Ya-Yun Sun, Chin-Cheng Lee, Yuan-Chiang Chung, Yi-Ju Tsai, Jing-Yuan Wang, and Chih-Li Chen, “Runx1-Deficient Afferents Impair Visceral Nociception, Exacerbating Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colitis,” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2013.
- Giovanni Dothel, Valentina Vasina, Giovanni Barbara, and Fabrizio De Ponti, “Animal models of chemically induced intestinal inflammation: Predictivity and ethical issues,” Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 71–86, 2013.
- Bénédicte Brounais-Le Royer, Dominique D. Pierroz, Dominique Velin, Christophe Frossard, Xin Xiao Zheng, Hans-Anton Lehr, Sylvie Ferrari-Lacraz, and Serge L. Ferrari, “Effects of an Interleukin-15 Antagonist on Systemic and Skeletal Alterations in Mice with DSS-Induced Colitis,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 182, no. 6, pp. 2155–2167, 2013.
- Marc D. Cook, Stephen A. Martin, Collette Williams, Keith Whitlock, Matthew A. Wallig, Brandt A. Pence, and Jeffrey A. Woods, “Forced treadmill exercise training exacerbates inflammation and causes mortality while voluntary wheel training is protective in a mouse model of colitis,” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2013.
- Leslie Knod, Eileen C. Donovan, Artur Chernoguz, Kelly M. Crawford, Mary R. Dusing, and Jason S. Frischer, “Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 inhibition in experimental murine colitis,” Journal of Surgical Research, 2013.
- Fangcong Dong, Lulu Zhang, Fuhua Hao, Huiru Tang, and Yulan Wang, “ Systemic Responses of Mice to Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Acute Ulcerative Colitis Using 1 H NMR Spectroscopy ,” Journal of Proteome Research, pp. 130517081622002, 2013.
- Carla Petrella, Chiara Giuli, Maria Broccardo, Helene Eutamene, Christel Cartier, Mathilde Leveque, Andrea Bedini, Santi Spampinato, Lionel Bueno, Vassilia Theodorou, Giovanna Improta, and Simona Agostini, “Protective and worsening peripheral nociceptin/orphanin FQ receptor-mediated effect in a rat model of experimental colitis,” Pharmacological Research, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 72–79, 2013.
- Christine Dejea, Elizabeth Wick, and Cynthia L Sears, “Bacterial oncogenesis in the colon,” Future Microbiology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 445–460, 2013.
- Feifei Tao, Cheng Qian, Wenjie Guo, Qiong Luo, Qiang Xu, and Yang Sun, “Inhibition of Th1/Th17 responses via suppression of STAT1 and STAT3 activation contributes to the amelioration of murine experimental colitis by a natural flavonoid glucoside icariin,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 798–807, 2013.
- Takukyu Sha, Keiko Igaki, Masashi Yamasaki, Takeshi Watanabe, and Noboru Tsuchimori, “Establishment and validation of a new semi-chronic dextran sulfate sodium-induced model of colitis in mice,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 23–29, 2013.
- Philipp Lenz, Dominik Bettenworth, Philipp Krausewitz, Markus Brückner, Steffi Ketelhut, Gert von Bally, Dirk Domagk, and Björn Kemper, “Digital holographic microscopy quantifies the degree of inflammation in experimental colitis,” Integrative Biology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 624, 2013.