- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 735989, 10 pages
Animal Experimental Study of the Fully Biodegradable Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Occluder
Department of Cardiology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Received 14 June 2012; Revised 7 August 2012; Accepted 7 August 2012
Academic Editor: George E. Plopper
Copyright © 2012 Yu-feng Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Carminati, S. Giusti, G. Hausdorf et al., “A European multicentric experience using the CardioSEAL® and Starflex double umbrella devices to close interatrial communications holes within the oval fossa,” Cardiology in the Young, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 519–526, 2000.
- U. Krumsdorf, S. Ostermayer, K. Billinger et al., “Incidence and clinical course of thrombus formation on atrial septal defect and patient foramen ovale closure devices in 1,000 consecutive patients,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 302–309, 2004.
- A. Divekar, T. Gaamangwe, N. Shaikh, M. Raabe, and J. Ducas, “Cardiac perforation after device closure of atrial septal defects with the Amplatzer septal occluder,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1213–1218, 2005.
- M. Kitano, S. Yazaki, H. Sugiyama, and O. Yamada, “The influence of morphological changes in amplatzer device on the atrial and aortic walls following transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects,” Journal of Interventional Cardiology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 83–91, 2009.
- E. Ivens, C. Hamilton-Craig, C. Aroney, A. Clarke, H. Jalali, and D. J. Burstow, “Early and late cardiac perforation by amplatzer atrial septal defect and patent foramen ovale devices,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1067–1070, 2009.
- D. J. Di Bardino, D. B. McElhinney, A. K. Kaza, and J. E. Mayer Jr, “Analysis of the US food and drug administration manufacturer and user facility device experience database for adverse events involving Amplatzer septal occluder devices and comparison with the society of thoracic surgery congenital cardiac surgery database,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 137, no. 6, pp. 1334–1341, 2009.
- D. Duong-Hong, Y. D. Tang, W. Wu et al., “Fully biodegradable septal defect occluder-a double umbrella design,” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. 711–718, 2010.
- W. Wu, J. Yip, Y. D. Tang et al., “A novel biodegradable septal defect occluder: the, “Chinese Lantern” design, proof of concept,” Innovations, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 221–230, 2011.
- C. Jux, H. Bertram, P. Wohlsein, M. Bruegmann, and T. Paul, “Interventional atrial septal defect closure using a totally bioresorbable occluder matrix. Development and preclinical evaluation of the BioSTAR device,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 161–169, 2006.
- M. J. Mullen, D. Hildick-Smith, J. V. De Giovanni et al., “BioSTAR evaluation STudy (BEST): a prospective, multicenter, phase I clinical trial to evaluate the feasibility, efficacy, and safety of the BioSTAR bioabsorbable septal repair implant for the closure of atrial-level shunts,” Circulation, vol. 114, no. 18, pp. 1962–1967, 2006.
- R. Hoehn, C. Hesse, H. Ince, and M. Peuster, “First experience with the BioSTAR-device for various applications in pediatric patients with congenital heart disease,” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 72–77, 2010.
- B. J. Van Den Branden, M. C. Post, H. W. Plokker, J. M. Ten Berg, and M. J. Suttorp, “Patent foramen ovale closure using a bioabsorbable closure device: safety and efficacy at 6-month follow-up,” Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 968–973, 2010.
- M. Cikirikcioglu, S. Cherian, R. Lerch et al., “Late tamponade secondary to aortic root perforation by biostar septal closure device,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 604–606, 2011.
- S. J. Liu, K. M. Peng, C. Y. Hsiao, K. S. Liu, H. T. Chung, and J. K. Chen, “Novel biodegradable polycaprolactone occlusion device combining nanofibrous PLGA/Collagen membrane for closure of atrial septal defect (ASD),” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- M. Zilberman, K. D. Nelson, and R. C. Eberhart, “Mechanical properties and in vitro degradation of bioresorbable fibers and expandable fiber-based stents,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research B, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 792–799, 2005.
- I. Battersby and R. Doyle, “Use of a biodegradable self-expanding stent in the management of a benign oesophageal stricture in a cat,” Journal of Small Animal Practice, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 49–52, 2010.
- S. M. Stivaros, L. R. Williams, C. Senger, L. Wilbraham, and H. U. Laasch, “Woven polydioxanone biodegradable stents: a new treatment option for benign and malignant oesophageal strictures,” European Radiology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1069–1072, 2010.
- R. Lischke, J. Pozniak, D. Vondrys, and M. J. Elliott, “Novel biodegradable stents in the treatment of bronchial stenosis after lung transplantation,” European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, 2011.
- J. N. Im, J. K. Kim, H. K. Kim, C. H. In, K. Y. Lee, and W. H. Park, “In vitro and in vivo degradation behaviors of synthetic absorbable bicomponent monofilament suture prepared with poly(p-dioxanone) and its copolymer,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 667–674, 2007.
- M. Kosan, U. Gonulalan, B. Ozturk et al., “Tissue reactions of suture materials (polyglactine 910, chromed catgut and polydioxanone) on rat bladder wall and their role in bladder stone formation,” Urological Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2008.
- R. B. Cady, J. A. Siegel, G. Mathien, J. A. Spadaro, and S. E. Chase, “Physeal response to absorbable polydioxanone bone pins in growing rabbits,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 211–215, 1999.
- H. Pihlajamäki, S. Salminen, O. Laitinen, O. Tynninen, and O. Böstman, “Tissue response to polyglycolide, polydioxanone, polylevolactide, and metallic pins in cancellous bone: an experimental study on rabbits,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1597–1606, 2006.
- X. Qin, H. Tang, Z. Xu et al., “Chest wall reconstruction with two types of biodegradable polymer prostheses in dogs,” European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 870–874, 2008.
- S. A. Sell, M. J. McClure, C. P. Barnes et al., “Electrospun polydioxanone-elastin blends: potential for bioresorbable vascular grafts,” Biomedical Materials, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 72–80, 2006.
- V. Thomas, X. Zhang, and Y. K. Vohra, “A biomimetic tubular scaffold with spatially designed nanofibers of Protein/PDS® bio-blends,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 104, no. 5, pp. 1025–1033, 2009.
- P. S. Wolfe, P. Madurantakam, K. Garg, S. A. Sell, M. J. Beckman, and G. L. Bowlin, “Evaluation of thrombogenic potential of electrospun bioresorbable vascular graft materials: acute monocyte tissue factor expression,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 1321–1328, 2010.
- P. Zamiri, Y. Kuang, U. Sharma et al., “The biocompatibility of rapidly degrading polymeric stents in porcine carotid arteries,” Biomaterials, vol. 31, no. 31, pp. 7847–7855, 2010.
- D. Kalfa, A. Bel, A. Chen-Tournoux et al., “A polydioxanone electrospun valved patch to replace the right ventricular outflow tract in a growing lamb model,” Biomaterials, vol. 31, no. 14, pp. 4056–4063, 2010.
- M. A. Sabino, S. González, L. Márquez, and J. L. Feijoo, “Study of the hydrolytic degradation of polydioxanone PPDX,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 209–216, 2000.
- M. A. Sabino, J. Albuerne, A. Müller, J. Brisson, and R. E. Prud'homme, “Influence of in vitro hydrolytic degradation on the morphology and crystallization behavior of poly(p-dioxanone),” Biomacromolecules, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 358–370, 2004.