- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 743573, 6 pages
Gecko Crude Peptides Induce Apoptosis in Human Liver Carcinoma Cells In Vitro and Exert Antitumor Activity in a Mouse Ascites H22 Xenograft Model
1Medical College, Henan University of Science & Technology, Luoyang 471003, Henan Province, China
2The 1st Affiliated Hospital of Henan University of Science and Technology, Luoyang 471003, Henan Province, China
Received 28 May 2012; Revised 17 August 2012; Accepted 22 August 2012
Academic Editor: Kazim Husain
Copyright © 2012 Ying Song et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. H. Y. Yeung, K. Y. Wong, M. C. Lin et al., “Chemosensitisation by manganese superoxide dismutase inhibition is caspase-9 dependent and involves extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 283–293, 2008.
- T. Tanaka, S. Toujima, T. Utsunomiya, K. Yukawa, and N. Umesaki, “Experimental characterization of recurrent ovarian immature teratoma cells after optimal surgery,” Oncology Reports, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 13–23, 2008.
- J. L. Zhang, H. M. Wen, and D. J. Sun, “Purification and antitumor effects of a small peptide from snake venom of Gloydius saxatilis,” Chinese Journal of Biochemical Pharmaceutics, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 217–220, 2009.
- W. D. Zhang, Y. Y. Zhang, C. X. Wang, et al., “Effect of polypeptide extract from scorpion venom on tumor growth and cellular immunity in rats with W256 sarcocarcinoma,” Journal of Shandong Univercity, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 286–289, 2007.
- F. Zhao and P. X. Liu, “Progress of study on action mechanisms of TCM in anti-tumor and preventing metastasis of tumor,” Zhongguo Zhongxiyi Jiehe Zazhi, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 178–181, 2007.
- Y. H. He, “General survey of traditional Chinese medicine and Western medicine researches on tumor metastasis,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 75–80, 2006.
- S. F. Zhang, Z. Chen, and B. Li, “Progress on research and application of traditional Chinese medicine in intervention treatment of primary liver carcinoma,” Zhongguo Zhongxiyi Jiehe Zazhi, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 759–763, 2006.
- J. X. Yang and X. M. Wang, “Progress in studies on anti-hepatoma effect of traditional Chinese medicine by adjusting immune function,” Zhongguo Zhongyao Zazhi, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 281–284, 2007.
- F. Liu, J. G. Wang, S. Y. Wang, Y. Li, Y. P. Wu, and S. M. Xi, “Antitumor effect and mechanism of Gecko on human esophageal carcinoma cell lines in vitro and xenografted sarcoma 180 in Kunming mice,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 14, no. 25, pp. 3990–3996, 2008.
- W. Xiaolan and H. Hengyou, “Study on the antitumor effects and synergism and attenuation effects of Gecko Alcohol Extract,” Journal of Chinese Medicinal Materials, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1213–1216, 2010.
- J. X. Yang and X. M. Wang, “Progress study and research on treating tumor of Gecko,” Chinese Journal of Digestion, vol. 14, pp. 2428–2431, 2006.
- B. D. Wu, “Treatment of 105 cases of esophagus tumor by compound recipe of Gecko,” Zhongguo Zhongxiyi Jiehe Za Zhi, vol. 19, p. 502, 1999.
- P. Song, X. M. Wang, and S. Xie, “Experimental study on mechanisms of lyophilized powder of fresh gekko Chinenis in inhibiting H22 hepatocarcinoma angiogenesis,” Zhongguo Zhongxiyi Jiehe Zazhi, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 58–62, 2006.
- J. Fu, H. Huang, J. Liu, R. Pi, J. Chen, and P. Liu, “Tanshinone IIA protects cardiac myocytes against oxidative stress-triggered damage and apoptosis,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 568, no. 1-3, pp. 213–221, 2007.
- L. Wang, J. Mao, G. H. Zhang, and M. J. Tu, “Nano-cerium-element-doped titanium dioxide induces apoptosis of Bel 7402 human hepatoma cells in the presence of visible light,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 13, no. 29, pp. 4011–4014, 2007.
- S. L. Yuan, Y. Q. Wei, X. J. Wang, F. Xiao, S. F. Li, and J. Zhang, “Growth inhibition and apoptosis induction of tanshinone II-A on human hepatocellular carcinoma cells,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 10, no. 14, pp. 2024–2028, 2004.
- X. Zhen, J. Cen, Y. M. Li, F. Yan, T. Guan, and X. Z. Tang, “Cytotoxic effect and apoptotic mechanism of tanshinone A, a novel tanshinone derivative, on human erythroleukemic K562 cells,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 667, pp. 129–135, 2011.
- T. Kakita, K. Hasegawa, T. Morimoto, S. Kaburagi, H. Wada, and S. Sasayama, “p300 Protein as a coactivator of GATA-5 in the transcription of cardiac- restricted atrial natriuretic factor gene,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 274, no. 48, pp. 34096–34102, 1999.
- W. J. Chen, Y. T. Huang, M. L. Wu, T. C. Huang, C. T. Ho, and M. H. Pan, “Induction of apoptosis by vitamin D2, ergocalciferol, via reactive oxygen species generation, glutathione depletion, and caspase activation in human leukemia cells,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2996–3005, 2008.
- J. Li, X. Xia, H. Nie, M. A. Smith, and X. Zhu, “PKC inhibition is involved in trichosanthin-induced apoptosis in human chronic myeloid leukemia cell line K562,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1770, no. 1, pp. 63–70, 2007.
- S. Y. Park, H. C. Yang, J. Y. Moon et al., “Induction of the apoptosis of HL-60 promyelocytic leukemia cells by Eurya emarginata,” Cancer Letters, vol. 205, no. 1, pp. 31–38, 2004.
- G. S. Zhang, C. Q. Tu, G. Y. Zhang, G. B. Zhou, and W. L. Zheng, “Indomethacin induces apoptosis and inhibits proliferation in chronic myeloid leukemia cells,” Leukemia Research, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 385–392, 2000.
- X. Zhen, Y. M. Li, W. R. Fang, F. Yan, J. Cen, and L. S. Mao, “Study on the effects of tanshinone derivates on growth inhibition and apoptosis induction in human erythroleukemia cell line K562,” Chinese Pharmacological Bulletin, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 964–968, 2008.
- S. Cory and J. M. Adams, “The BCL2 family: regulators of the cellular life-or-death switch,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 647–656, 2002.