- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 797410, 12 pages
Controlling Self-Renewal and Differentiation of Stem Cells via Mechanical Cues
LaBS, Department of Structural Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, 20133 Milano, Italy
Received 15 June 2012; Revised 20 July 2012; Accepted 23 July 2012
Academic Editor: Douglas W. Hamilton
Copyright © 2012 Michele M. Nava et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Giuseppe Maria de Peppo, and Darja Marolt, “Modulating the biochemical and biophysical culture environment to enhance osteogenic differentiation and maturation of human pluripotent stem cell-derived mesenchymal progenitors,” Stem Cell Research & Therapy, vol. 4, 2013.
- Benjamin Holmes, Nathan J Castro, Jian Li, Michael Keidar, and Lijie Grace Zhang, “Enhanced human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell functions in novel 3D cartilage scaffolds with hydrogen treated multi-walled carbon nanotubes,” Nanotechnology, vol. 24, no. 36, pp. 365102, 2013.
- Zhe A. Cheng, Omar F. Zouani, Karine Glinel, Alain M. Jonas, and Marie-Christine Durrieu, “Bioactive chemical nanopatterns impact human mesenchymal stem cell fate,” Nano Letters, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 3923–3929, 2013.
- Andrew M. Higgins, Brittany L. Banik, and Justin L. Brown, “Nanotopography Sensing Through Intracellular Signaling and Mechanotransduction with an Emphasis on Bone,” Journal of Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 396–408, 2013.
- Soneela Ankam, Benjamin KK Teo, Marek Kukumberg, and Evelyn KF Yim, “High throughput screening to investigate the interaction of stem cells with their extracellular microenvironment,” Organogenesis, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 128–142, 2013.
- Hidetoshi Shimauchi, Eiji Nemoto, Hiroshi Ishihata, and Masatsugu Shimomura, “Possible functional scaffolds for periodontal regeneration,” Japanese Dental Science Review, 2013.
- Alessandra Fabbro, Maurizio Prato, and Laura Ballerini, “Carbon nanotubes in neuroregeneration and repair,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 2013.
- Petra Mueller, Anne Langenbach, Alexander Kaminski, and Joachim Rychly, “Modulating the Actin Cytoskeleton Affects Mechanically Induced Signal Transduction and Differentiation in Mesenchymal Stem Cells,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Huanhuan Liu, Yanzhong Zhang, Hong Wei OuYang, Hongju Peng, Yan Wu, Can Zhang, Youzhi Cai, Guowei Xu, Qin Li, Xiao Chen, and Junfeng Ji, “The promotion of bone regeneration by nanofibrous hydroxyapatite/chitosan scaffolds by effects on integrin-BMP/Smad signaling pathway in BMSCs,” Biomaterials, vol. 34, no. 18, pp. 4404–4417, 2013.
- Eriberto Bressan, Amedeo Carraro, Letizia Ferroni, Chiara Gardin, Luca Sbricoli, Riccardo Guazzo, Edoardo Stellini, Marco Roman, Paolo Pinton, Stefano Sivolella, and Barbara Zavan, “Nanotechnology to drive stem cell commitment,” Nanomedicine, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 469–486, 2013.
- Nicholas J. Schaub, Tara Britton, Rupak Rajachar, and Ryan J. Gilbert, “Engineered Nanotopography on Electrospun PLLA Microfibers Modifies RAW 264.7 Cell Response,” Acs Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 5, no. 20, pp. 10173–10184, 2013.
- Eriberto Bressan, Luca Sbricoli, Riccardo Guazzo, Ilaria Tocco, Marco Roman, Vincenzo Vindigni, Edoardo Stellini, Chiara Gardin, Letizia Ferroni, Stefano Sivolella, and Barbara Zavan, “Nanostructured Surfaces of Dental Implants,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1918–1931, 2013.
- Manuela Teresa Raimondi, Giovanna Balconi, Federica Boschetti, Antonio Di Metri, Salman Afroze Azmi Mohammed, Virginio Quaglini, Lucio Araneo, Beatriz G. Galvez, Monica Lupi, Roberto Latini, and Andrea Remuzzi, “An opto-structural method to estimate the stress-strain field induced by cell contraction on substrates of controlled stiffness in vitro,” Journal of Applied Biomaterials & Functional Materials, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 143–150, 2013.
- Jeong Mook Lim, Ji Yeon Ahn, and Seung Tae Lee, “Stem cell maintenance in a different niche,” Clinical and Experimental Reproductive Medicine, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 47, 2013.
- D. S. Kostyushev, V. N. Simirskii, S. Song, M. A. Paltsev, D. A. Gnatenko, and S. V. Suchkov, “Stem cells and microenvironment: Integration of biochemical and mechanical factors,” Biology Bulletin Reviews, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 263–275, 2014.
- In-Su Park, Jo A. Kang, Jungmi Kang, Jong-Won Rhie, and Sang-Heon Kim, “Therapeutic Effect of Human Adipose-Derived Stromal Cells Cluster in Rat Hind-Limb Ischemia,” The Anatomical Record, 2014.
- Manuela T. Raimondi, Michele M. Nava, Shane M. Eaton, Arianna Bernasconi, Krishna C. Vishnubhatla, Giulio Cerullo, and Roberto Osellame, “Optimization of Femtosecond Laser Polymerized Structural Niches to Control Mesenchymal Stromal Cell Fate in Culture,” Micromachines, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 341–358, 2014.
- Valeria HernÃ¡ndez-HernÃ¡ndez, Denisse Rueda, Lorena Caballero, Elena R. Alvarez-Buylla, and Mariana BenÃtez, “Mechanical forces as information: an integrated approach to plant and animal development,” Frontiers in Plant Science, vol. 5, 2014.
- Dhakshinamoorthy Sundaramurthi, Uma Maheswari Krishnan, and Swaminathan Sethuraman, “Electrospun Nanofibers as Scaffolds for Skin Tissue Engineering,” Polymer Reviews, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 348–376, 2014.
- Michele M. Nava, Manuela T. Raimondi, and Riccardo Pietrabissa, “Bio-chemo-mechanical models for nuclear deformation in adherent eukaryotic cells,” Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 2014.
- Osama Mohamad, Shan Ping Yu, Dongdong Chen, Molly Ogle, Mingke Song, and Ling Wei, “Efficient neuronal differentiation of mouse ES and iPS cells using a rotary cell culture protocol,” Differentiation, 2014.