- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 803930, 7 pages
A Modified Technique for Culturing Primary Fetal Rat Cortical Neurons
Department of Neurology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, 1838 GuangZhou Road, GuangDong, GuangZhou 510515, China
Received 3 August 2012; Revised 30 September 2012; Accepted 30 September 2012
Academic Editor: Michael D. Coleman
Copyright © 2012 Sui-Yi Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jing Lu, Junye Miao, Tao Su, Ying Liu, and Rongqiao He, “Formaldehyde induces hyperphosphorylation and polymerization of Tau protein both in vitro and in vivo,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, vol. 1830, no. 8, pp. 4102–4116, 2013.
- Heng-Xing Zhou, Xue-Ying Li, Fu-Yuan Li, Chang Liu, Zhi-Pin Liang, Shen Liu, Bin Zhang, Tian-Yi Wang, Tian-Ci Chu, Lu Lu, Guang-Zhi Ning, Xiao-Hong Kong, and Shi-Qing Feng, “Targeting RPTPσ with lentiviral shRNA promotes neurites outgrowth of cortical neurons and improves functional recovery in a rat spinal cord contusion model,” Brain Research, 2014.
- Simon Faissner, Björn Ambrosius, irsten Schanzmann, Bastian Grewe, Anja Potthoff, Jan Münch, Ulrich Sure, Thomas Gramberg, Sabine Wittmann, Norbert Brockmeyer, Klaus Überla, Ralf Gold, Thomas Grunwald, and Andrew Chan, “Cytoplasmic HIV-RNA in monocytes determines microglial activation and neuronal cell death in HIV-associated neurodegeneration,” Experimental Neurology, 2014.
- Sui-yi Xu, Ya-fang Hu, Wei-pin Li, Yong-ming Wu, Zhong Ji, Sheng-nan Wang, Ke Li, and Su-yue Pan, “Intermittent Hypothermia Is Neuroprotective in an in vitro Model of Ischemic Stroke,” International Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 873–881, 2014.
- Jian Tian, Chunlong Tu, Yitao Liang, Jian Zhou, and Xuesong Ye, “Study of laser uncaging induced morphological alteration of rat cortical neurites using atomic force microscopy,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2015.
- Emmanuel Adekanmi Adewusi, and Vanessa Steenkamp, “Medicinal plants and their derivatives with amyloid beta inhibitory activity as potential targets for drug discovery,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 430–440, 2015.
- Paula G. Franco, Juana M. Pasquini, and Lucas Silvestroff, “Optimizing Culture Medium Composition to Improve Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cell Yields In Vitro from Subventricular Zone-Derived Neural Progenitor Ce,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 4, 2015.
- Xiaoling Guo, Ruiling Lian, Yonglong Guo, Qing Liu, Qingshan Ji, and Jiansu Chen, “bFGF and Activin A function to promote survival and proliferation of single iPS cells in conditioned half-exchange mTeSR1 medium,” Human Cell, 2015.
- Guo-qian He, Wen-ming Xu, Jin-fang Li, Shuai-shuai Li, Bin Liu, Xiao-dan Tan, and Chang-qing Li, “Huwe1 interacts with Gadd45b under oxygen-glucose deprivation and reperfusion injury in primary Rat cortical neuronal cells,” Molecular Brain, vol. 8, 2015.
- Lin Gang, Yu-chen Yao, Ying-fu Liu, Yi-peng Li, Kai Yang, Lei Lu, Yuan-chi Cheng, Xu-yi Chen, and Yue Tu, “Co-culture of oligodendrocytes and neurons can be used to assess drugs for axon regeneration in the central nervous system,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 1612–1616, 2015.
- C. Mollinari, M. Racaniello, A. Berry, M. Pieri, M. C. de Stefano, A. Cardinale, C. Zona, F. Cirulli, E. Garaci, and D. Merlo, “miR-34a regulates cell proliferation, morphology and function of newborn neurons resulting in improved behavioural outcomes,” Cell Death & Disease, vol. 6, 2015.
- Wei-ping Li, Sui-yi Xu, Feng-yun Hu, Li-jie Ren, Lei Chen, Zhu-qing Zhou, and Xie-jun Zhang, “Dantrolene enhances the protective effect of hypothermia on cerebral cortex neurons,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 1279, 2015.
- Hengxing Zhou, Xueying Li, Qiang Wu, Fuyuan Li, Zheng Fu, Chang Liu, Zhipin Liang, Tianci Chu, Tianyi Wang, Lu Lu, Guangzhi Ning, Xiaohong Kong, and Shiqing Feng, “shRNA against PTEN promotes neurite outgrowth of cortical neurons and functional recovery in spinal cord contusion rats,” Regenerative Medicine, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 411–429, 2015.
- Chien Tai Hong, Kai-Yin Chau, and Anthony H. V. Schapira, “Meclizine-induced enhanced glycolysis is neuroprotective in Parkinson disease cell models,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, 2016.
- Guoqian He, Wenming Xu, Linyan Tong, Shuaishuai Li, Shiceng Su, Xiaodan Tan, and Changqing Li, “Gadd45b prevents autophagy and apoptosis against rat cerebral neuron oxygen-glucose deprivation/reperfusion injury,” Apoptosis, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 390–403, 2016.
- Xiao-Ya Gao, Shu-Zhen Zhu, Wei Xiang, Kai-bin Huang, Ya-Fang Hu, Yong Gu, and Su-Yue Pan, “Prolonged hypothermia exposure diminishes neuroprotection for severe ischemic-hypoxic primary neurons,” Cryobiology, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 141–147, 2016.
- Wenbin Xia, Xiangliang Jin, Xiaoliang Yang, and Siguo Xiao, “Down conversion of Er3+-Yb3+ couple in Y2BaZnO5,” Optical Materials, vol. 54, pp. 294–299, 2016.
- Zhongming Lu, Mariel Piechowicz, and Shenfeng Qiu, “A Simplified Method for Ultra-Low Density, Long-Term Primary Hippocampal Neuron Culture,” Jove-Journal Of Visualized Experiments, no. 109, 2016.
- Xuefei Zhang, Xiaoqing Ren, Qi Zhang, Zheyi Li, Shuaipeng Ma, Jintao Bao, Zeyang Li, Xue Bai, Liangjun Zheng, Zhong Zhang, Shujiang Shang, Chen Zhang, Chuangui Wang, Liu Cao, Qingsong Wang, and Jianguo Ji, “PGC-1 alpha/ERR alpha-Sirt3 Pathway Regulates DAergic Neuronal Death by Directly Deacetylating SOD2 and ATP Synthase beta,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 312–328, 2016.