- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 803930, 7 pages
A Modified Technique for Culturing Primary Fetal Rat Cortical Neurons
Department of Neurology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, 1838 GuangZhou Road, GuangDong, GuangZhou 510515, China
Received 3 August 2012; Revised 30 September 2012; Accepted 30 September 2012
Academic Editor: Michael D. Coleman
Copyright © 2012 Sui-Yi Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Fath, Y. D. Ke, P. Gunning, J. Götz, and L. M. Ittner, “Primary support cultures of hippocampal and substantia nigra neurons,” Nature Protocols, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 78–85, 2009.
- C.-Y. Yuan, G.-S. W. Hsu, and Y.-J. Lee, “Aluminum alters NMDA receptor 1A and 2A/B expression on neonatal hippocampal neurons in rats,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 18, p. 81, 2011.
- C. Contreras-Jurado and A. Pascual, “Thyroid hormone regulation of APP, (beta-amyloid precursor protein) gene expression in brain and brain cultured cells,” Neurochemistry International, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 484–487, 2012.
- Q. Jiang, Y. W. Jiang, J. M. Wang, J. Qin, and X. R. Wu, “An improved method for primary culture of rat cortical neuron and cell identification,” Journal of Peking University, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 212–216, 2009.
- H. Koito and J. Li, “Preparation of rat brain aggregate cultures for neuron and glia development studies,” Journal of Visualized Experiments, e1304, no. 31, 2009.
- M. Geissler and A. Faissner, “A new indirect co-culture set up of mouse hippocampal neurons and cortical astrocytes on microelectrode arrays,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 204, no. 2, pp. 262–272, 2012.
- I. Ullah, N. Ullah, M. Imran Naseer, et al., “Neuroprotection with metformin and thymoquinone against ethanol-induced apoptotic neurodegeneration in prenatal rat cortical neurons,” BMC Neuroscience, vol. 13, article 11, 2012.
- W.-S. Chen, C. Y. Yueh, Y. A. Huang, and E. Hwang, “An inverted method for culturing dissociated mouse hippocampal neurons,” Neuroscience Research, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 118–123, 2011.
- J. Harris, H. Lee, C. T. Tu, D. Cribbs, C. Cotman, and N. L. Jeon, “Preparing e18 cortical rat neurons for compartmentalization in a microfluidic device,” Journal of Visualized Experiments, 305, no. 8, 2007.
- Y. Nakatsu, Y. Kotake, K. Komasaka et al., “Glutamate excitotoxicity is involved in cell death caused by tributyltin in cultured rat cortical neurons,” Toxicological Sciences, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 235–242, 2006.
- E. V. Jones, D. Cook, and K. K. Murai, “A neuron-astrocyte co-culture system to investigate astrocyte-secreted factors in mouse neuronal development,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 814, part 4, pp. 341–352, 2012.
- S. Kaech and G. Banker, “Culturing hippocampal neurons,” Nature Protocols, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 2406–2415, 2006.
- T. Kaminuma, Y. Suzuki, K. Shirai et al., “Effectiveness of carbon-ion beams for apoptosis induction in rat primary immature hippocampal neurons,” Journal of Radiation Research, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 627–631, 2010.
- S. Majd, A. Zarifkar, K. Rastegar, and M. A. Takhshid, “Culturing adult rat hippocampal neurons with long-interval changing media,” Iranian Biomedical Journal, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 101–107, 2008.
- H. Yang, R. Cong, L. Na, G. Ju, and S. W. You, “Long-term primary culture of highly-pure rat embryonic hippocampal neurons of low-density,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1333–1342, 2010.
- S. Shimizu, A. Abt, and O. Meucci, “Bilaminar co-culture of primary rat cortical neurons and glia,” Journal of Visualized Experiments, e3257, no. 57, 2011.
- M. A. Deli, C. S. Ábrahám, Y. Kataoka, and M. Niwa, “Permeability studies on in vitro blood-brain barrier models: physiology, pathology, and pharmacology,” Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 59–127, 2005.
- P. J. Meberg and M. W. Miller, “Culturing hippocampal and cortical neurons,” Methods in Cell Biology, vol. 2003, no. 71, pp. 111–127, 2003.
- A. M. Taylor, M. Blurton-Jones, S. W. Rhee, D. H. Cribbs, C. W. Cotman, and N. L. Jeon, “A microfluidic culture platform for CNS axonal injury, regeneration and transport,” Nature Methods, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 599–605, 2005.
- J. W. Park, B. Vahidi, A. M. Taylor, S. W. Rhee, and N. L. Jeon, “Microfluidic culture platform for neuroscience research,” Nature Protocols, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 2128–2136, 2006.