- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 806731, 7 pages
Effectiveness of Myocardial Contrast Echocardiography Quantitative Analysis during Adenosine Stress versus Visual Analysis before Percutaneous Therapy in Acute Coronary Pain: A Coronary Artery TIMI Grading Comparing Study
1Department of Image Center, Xuhui Central Hospital, Shanghai 200031, China
2Department of Echocardiography, Center of Medical Ultrasound, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xinjiang Medical University, Xinjiang Urumqi 830011, China
3Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), 13083 Campinas, SP, Brazil
4Department of Radiology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
5Instituto Israelita de Ensino e Pesquisa Albert Einstein, 05652 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Received 29 February 2012; Revised 19 April 2012; Accepted 19 April 2012
Academic Editor: David J. Yang
Copyright © 2012 Lixia Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Shiraishi, Y. Kohno, T. Sawada et al., “Predictors of nonoptimal coronary flow after primary percutaneous coronary intervention with stent implantation for acute myocardial infarction,” Journal of Cardiology, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 217–223, 2010.
- H. S. Mueller, A. Dyer, and M. A. Greenberg, “The thrombolysis in myocardial infarction (TIMI) trial. Phase I findings,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 312, no. 14, pp. 932–936, 1985.
- G. De Luca, N. Ernst, F. Zijlstra et al., “Preprocedural TIMI flow and mortality in patients with acute myocardial infarction treated by primary angioplasty,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 1363–1367, 2004.
- E. Appelbaum, A. J. Kirtane, A. Clark et al., “Association of TIMI Myocardial Perfusion Grade and ST-segment resolution with cardiovascular magnetic resonance measures of microvascular obstruction and infarct size following ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction,” Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 123–129, 2009.
- K. Wei and S. Kaul, “The coronary microcirculation in health and disease,” Cardiology Clinics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 221–231, 2004.
- L. Galiuto, G. Locorotondo, L. Paraggio, et al., “Characterization of microvascular and myocardial damage within perfusion defect area at myocardial contrast echocardiography in the subacute phase of myocardial infarction,” European Heart Journal, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 174–180, 2012.
- S. S. Abdelmoneim, A. Basu, M. Bernier, et al., “Detection of myocardial microvascular disease using contrast echocardiography during adenosine stress in type 2 diabetes mellitus: prospective comparison with single-photon emission computed tomography,” Diabetes and Vascular Disease Research, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 254–261, 2011.
- E. Modonesi, M. Balbi, and G. P. Bezante, “Limitations and potential clinical application on contrast echocardiography,” Current Cardiology Reviews, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 24–30, 2010.
- S. S. Abdelmoneim, M. Bernier, A. Dhoble et al., “Diagnostic accuracy of contrast echocardiography during adenosine stress for detection of abnormal myocardial perfusion: a prospective comparison with technetium-99 m sestamibi single-photon emission computed tomography,” Heart and Vessels, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 121–130, 2010.
- G. Dwivedi, R. Janardhanan, S. A. Hayat, T. K. Lim, and R. Senior, “Comparison between myocardial contrast echocardiography and 99mTechnetium sestamibi single photon emission computed tomography determined myocardial viability in predicting hard cardiac events following acute myocardial infarction,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 104, no. 9, pp. 1184–1188, 2009.
- S. A. Hayat and R. Senior, “Myocardial contrast echocardiography in ST elevation myocardial infarction: ready for prime time?” European Heart Journal, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 299–314, 2008.
- J. R. Arnold, T. D. Karamitsos, T. J. Pegg et al., “Adenosine stress myocardial contrast echocardiography for the detection of coronary artery disease: a comparison with coronary angiography and cardiac magnetic resonance,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 934–943, 2010.
- N. B. Schiller, P. M. Shah, M. Crawford et al., “Recommendations for quantitation of the left ventricle by two-dimensional echocardiography. American Society of Echocardiography Committee on Standards, Subcommittee on Quantitation of Two-Dimensional Echocardiograms,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 358–367, 1989.
- S. Malm, S. Frigstad, H. Torp, R. Wiseth, and T. Skjarpe, “Quantitative adenosine real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography for detection of angiographically significant coronary artery disease,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 365–372, 2006.
- K. Wei, A. R. Jayaweera, S. Firoozan, A. Linka, D. M. Skyba, and S. Kaul, “Quantification of myocardial blood flow with ultrasound-induced destruction of microbubbles administered as a constant venous infusion,” Circulation, vol. 97, no. 5, pp. 473–483, 1998.
- G. Korosoglou, K. G. C. Da Silva, N. Labadze et al., “Real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography for pharmacologic stress testing: is quantitative estimation of myocardial blood flow reserve necessary?” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2004.
- P. Y. Chen, SPSS 13.0 Statistic Software Tutorial, The People's Medical Publishing House, 2005.
- J. R. Landis and G. G. Koch, “The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data,” Biometrics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 159–174, 1977.
- Y. Li, Q. Lv, X. F. Wang et al., “Myocardial perfusion in patients with different graded coronary stenosis by real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography,” Chinese Journal of Medical Imaging Technology, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 1955–1958, 2008.
- K. L. Gould, “Physiological severity of coronary artery stenosis,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 291, no. 6, pp. H2583–H2585, 2006.
- P. A. L. Tonino, B. De Bruyne, N. H. J. Pijls et al., “Fractional flow reserve versus angiography for guiding percutaneous coronary intervention,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 360, no. 3, pp. 213–224, 2009.