- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 817341, 12 pages
Think Small: Zebrafish as a Model System of Human Pathology
1Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
2Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
3Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Received 9 January 2012; Accepted 12 March 2012
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2012 J. R. Goldsmith and Christian Jobin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Rakhi Kumari, Subodh Gupta, Arvind R. Singh, S. Ferosekhan, Dushyant C. Kothari, Asim Kumar Pal, and Sanjay Balkrishna Jadhao, “Chitosan Nanoencapsulated Exogenous Trypsin Biomimics Zymogen-Like Enzyme in Fish Gastrointestinal Tract,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Maria M. Costa, Paolo R. Saraceni, Gabriel Forn-Cuní, Sonia Dios, Alejandro Romero, Antonio Figueras, and Beatriz Novoa, “IL-22 is a key player in the regulation of inflammation in fish and involves innate immune cells and PI3K signalling,” Developmental & Comparative Immunology, 2013.
- Mian Yahya Mushtaq, Robert Verpoorte, and Hye Kyong Kim, “Zebrafish as a model for systems biology,” Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Reviews, pp. 1–19, 2013.
- Yoichi Asaoka, Shuji Terai, Isao Sakaida, and Hiroshi Nishina, “The expanding role of fish models in understanding non-alcoholic fatty liver disease,” DMM Disease Models and Mechanisms, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 905–914, 2013.
- Enrico Moro, Andrea Vettori, Patrizia Porazzi, Marco Schiavone, Elena Rampazzo, Alessandro Casari, Olivier Ek, Nicola Facchinello, Matteo Astone, Ilaria Zancan, Martina Milanetto, Natascia Tiso, and Francesco Argenton, “Generation and application of signaling pathway reporter lines in zebrafish,” Molecular Genetics and Genomics, vol. 288, no. 5-6, pp. 231–242, 2013.
- Chereen Collymore, Skye Rasmussen, and Ravi J. Tolwani, “Gavaging adult zebrafish,” Journal of Visualized Experiments, no. 78, 2013.
- Anna Beker van Woudenberg, André Wolterbeek, Lindsey te Brake, Cor Snel, Aswin Menke, Carina Rubingh, Didima de Groot, and Dinant Kroese, “A category approach to predicting the developmental (neuro) toxicity of organotin compounds: The value of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryotoxicity test (ZET),” Reproductive Toxicology, vol. 41, pp. 35–44, 2013.
- Michael A. Pickart, and Eric W. Klee, “Zebrafish Approaches Enhance the Translational Research Tackle Box,” Translational Research, 2013.
- Aurélie Rieu, Nabil Aoudia, Gaëtan Jego, Johanna Chluba, Nadhir Yousfi, Romain Briandet, Julien Deschamps, Benoît Gasquet, Vicente Monedero, Carmen Garrido, and Jean Guzzo, “ The biofilm mode of life boosts the anti-inflammatory properties of L actobacillus ,” Cellular Microbiology, 2014.
- Timothy A. Petrie, Nicholas S. Strand, Chao Tsung-Yang, Jeremy S. Rabinowitz, and Randall T. Moon, “Macrophages modulate adult zebrafish tail fin regeneration,” Development, vol. 141, no. 13, pp. 2581–2591, 2014.
- Ye Yang, Sarah Tomkovich, and Christian Jobin, “Could a Swimming Creature Inform Us on Intestinal Diseases? Lessons from Zebrafish,” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 956–966, 2014.
- Guogang Yuan, Yimei Wang, Xiaoyan Yuan, Tingfen Zhang, Jun Zhao, Liuyu Huang, and Shuangqing Peng, “T-2 toxin induces developmental toxicity and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos,” Journal of Environmental Sciences, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 917–925, 2014.
- Si-Hwan Park, Hyun Jung Kim, Soon-Ho Yim, Ah-Ra Kim, Nisha Tyagi, Haihong Shen, Kyung Keun Kim, Boo Ahn Shin, Da-Woon Jung, and Darren R. Williams, “Delineation of the Role of Glycosylation in the Cytotoxic Properties of Quercetin using Novel Assays in Living Vertebrates,” Journal of Natural Products, pp. 141114105150004, 2014.
- Hannah E. Henson, Chaithanyarani Parupalli, Bensheng Ju, and Michael R. Taylor, “Functional and genetic analysis of choroid plexus development in zebrafish,” Frontiers in Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.