- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 845618, 10 pages
Classic and New Animal Models of Parkinson's Disease
1Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
2Center for Motor Neuron Biology and Disease, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
3Department of Neurology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Received 9 January 2012; Accepted 23 January 2012
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2012 Javier Blesa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [89 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kurt A. Jellinger, “Potential role of α-synuclein in neurodegeneration: studies in a rat animal model,” Journal of Neurochemistry, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 659–660, 2012.
- Quinton R.D. Jones, Jordan Warford, H.P. Vasantha Rupasinghe, and George S. Robertson, “Target-based selection of flavonoids for neurodegenerative disorders,” Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 602–610, 2012.
- Isabelle St-Amour, Melanie Bousquet, Isabelle Pare, Janelle Drouin-Ouellet, Francesca Cicchetti, Renee Bazin, and Frederic Calon, “Impact of intravenous immunoglobulin on the dopaminergic system and immune response in the acute MPTP mouse model of Parkinson's disease,” Journal Of Neuroinflammation, vol. 9, 2012.
- Andrea L. Nuckolls, Cole Worley, Christopher Leto, Hongyu Zhang, Jill K. Morris, and John A. Stanford, “Tongue force and tongue motility are differently affected by unilateral vs bilateral nigrostriatal dopamine depletion in rats,” Behavioural Brain Research, vol. 234, no. 2, pp. 343–348, 2012.
- P. Rojas, E. Ruiz-Sánchez, C. Rojas, and S.O. Ögren, “Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) modulates the expression of dopamine-related genes in 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine-induced Parkinsonism in mice,” Neuroscience, vol. 223, pp. 246–257, 2012.
- Maria Galuppo, Renato Iori, Gina Rosalinda De Nicola, Placido Bramanti, and Emanuela Mazzon, “Anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic effects of (R-s)-glucoraphanin bioactivated with myrosinase in murine sub-acute and acute MPTP-induced Parkinson's disease,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 17, pp. 5532–5547, 2013.
- Puneet Bagga, Anup N. Chugani, Komanduri S. Varadarajan, and Anant B. Patel, “ In vivo NMR studies of regional cerebral energetics in MPTP model of Parkinson's disease: recovery of cerebral metabolism with acute levodopa treatment ,” Journal of Neurochemistry, 2013.
- Md Shahaduzzaman, Sandra Acosta, Paula C. Bickford, and Cesar V. Borlongan, “α-Synuclein is a pathological link and therapeutic target for Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injury,” Medical Hypotheses, 2013.
- Ana Clara Cristóvão, Joana Barata, Goun Je, and Yoon-Seong Kim, “PKCδ mediates paraquat-induced Nox1 expression in dopaminergic neurons,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2013.
- Paul McGonigle, “Animal Models of CNS Disorders,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 2013.
- Kai-Li Ma, Jia-Hong Gao, Zhang-Qiong Huang, Ying Zhang, De-Xuan Kuang, Qin-Fang Jiang, Yuan-Yuan Han, Cong Li, Wen-Guang Wang, Xiao-Yan Huang, Juan Xu, Pin-Fen Tong, Xing-Xiao Yin, and Jie-Jie Dai, “Motor Function in MPTP-Treated Tree Shrews (Tupaia belangeri chinensis),” Neurochemical Research, 2013.
- Adrianna Z. Herskovits, and Leonard Guarente, “Sirtuin deacetylases in neurodegenerative diseases of aging,” Cell Research, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 746–758, 2013.
- Marina Spanos, Julie Gras-Najjar, Jeremy M. Letchworth, Audrey L. Sanford, J. Vincent Toups, and Leslie A. Sombers, “Quantitation of Hydrogen Peroxide Fluctuations and Their Modulation of Dopamine Dynamics in the Rat Dorsal Striatum Using Fast-Scan Cyclic Voltammetry,” ACS Chemical Neuroscience, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 782–789, 2013.
- Cheong-Meng Chong, Zhong-Yan Zhou, Valentina Razmovski-Naumovski, Guo-Zhen Cui, Lun-Qing Zhang, Fei Sa, Pui-Man Hoi, Kelvin Chan, and Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, “Danshensu protects against 6-hydroxydopamine-induced damage of PC12 cells in vitro and dopaminergic neurons in zebrafish,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 543, pp. 121–125, 2013.
- Hugo Gonzalez, Francisco Contreras, Carolina Prado, Daniela Elgueta, Dafne Franz, Sebastian Bernales, and Rodrigo Pacheco, “Dopamine Receptor D3 Expressed on CD4(+) T Cells Favors Neurodegeneration of Dopaminergic Neurons during Parkinson's Disease,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 190, no. 10, pp. 5048–5056, 2013.
- Marcio Lazzarini, Sabine Martin, Mišo Mitkovski, Rita Raisman Vozari, Walter Stühmer, and Elaine Del Bel, “Doxycycline restrains glia and confers neuroprotection in a 6-OHDA Parkinson model,” Glia, 2013.
- Pádraig Mulcahy, Aideen O’Doherty, Alexia Paucard, Timothy O’Brien, Deniz Kirik, and Eilís Dowd, “The behavioural and neuropathological impact of intranigral AAV-α-synuclein is exacerbated by systemic infusion of the Parkinson's disease-associated pesticide, rotenone, in rats,” Behavioural Brain Research, vol. 243, pp. 6–15, 2013.
- Massimo S. Fiandaca, and Howard J. Federoff, “Using viral-mediated gene delivery to model Parkinson's disease: Do nonhuman primate investigations expand our understanding?,” Experimental Neurology, 2013.
- David T. Dexter, and Peter Jenner, “Parkinson disease: from pathology to molecular disease mechanisms,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2013.
- Joana Guimaraes, Eduardo Moura, Elisabete Silva, Paulo Aguiar, Carolina Garrett, and Maria Augusta Vieira-Coelho, “Locus Coeruleus Is Involved in Weight Loss in a Rat Model of Parkinson's Disease: An Effect Reversed by Deep Brain Stimulation,” Brain Stimulation, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 845–855, 2013.
- Kaitlin F. Farrell, Sesha Krishnamachari, Ernesto Villanueva, Haiyan Lou, Tshianda N. M. Alerte, Eloise Peet, Robert E. Drolet, and Ruth G. Perez, “Non-motor parkinsonian pathology in aging A53T α-Synuclein mice is associated with progressive synucleinopathy and altered enzymatic function,” Journal of Neurochemistry, 2013.
- Honglei Chen, Edward A. Burton, G. Webster Ross, Xuemei Huang, Rodolfo Savica, Robert D. Abbott, Alberto Ascherio, John N. Caviness, Xiang Gao, Kimberly A. Gray, Jau-Shyong Hong, Freya Kamel, Danna Jennings, Annette Kirshner, Cindy Lawler, Rui Liu, Gary W. Miller, Robert Nussbaum, Shyamal D. Peddada, Amy Comstock Rick, Beate Ritz, Andrew D. Siderowf, Caroline M. Tanner, Alexander I. Troester, and Jing Zhang, “Research on the Premotor Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease: Clinical and Etiological Implications,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 121, no. 11-12, pp. 1245–1252, 2013.
- Neeta D. Grover, Ramachandra P. Limaye, Dilip V. Gokhale, and Tatyasaheb R. Patil, “Zonisamide: A review of the clinical and experimental evidence for its use in Parkinson's disease,” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 547–555, 2013.
- Sudipta Chakraborty, Julia Bornhorst, Thuy T. Nguyen, and Michael Aschner, “Oxidative Stress Mechanisms Underlying Parkinson's Disease-Associated Neurodegeneration in C. elegans,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 23103–23128, 2013.
- Gabriela P. Chaves-Kirsten, Caio H. Y. Mazucanti, Caroline C. Real, Bruna M. Souza, Luiz R. G. Britto, and Andrea S. Torrao, “Temporal Changes of CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor in the Basal Ganglia as a Possible Structure-Specific Plasticity Process in 6-OHDA Lesioned Rats,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Xin Zhao, Shenyu Zhai, Ming-Sheng An, Yue-Hua Wang, Ying-Fan Yang, Hui-Qi Ge, Jin-Hao Liu, and Xiao-Ping Pu, “Neuroprotective Effects of Protocatechuic Aldehyde against Neurotoxin-Induced Cellular and Animal Models of Parkinson's Disease,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Sachi Tanaka, Maki Nishimura, Fumiaki Ihara, Junya Yamagishi, and Yutaka Suzuki, “Transcriptome Analysis of Mouse Brain Infected with Toxoplasma gondii,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 81, no. 10, pp. 3609–3619, 2013.
- Huaxin Sheng, Raphael E. Chaparro, Toshihiro Sasaki, Miwa Izutsu, Robert D. Pearlstein, Artak Tovmasyan, and David S. Warner, “Metalloporphyrins as Therapeutic Catalytic Oxidoreductants in Central Nervous System Disorders,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, pp. 131001093903006, 2013.
- Salvatore Condello, Monica Currò, Nadia Ferlazzo, Gregorio Costa, Giuseppa Visalli, Daniela Caccamo, Laura Rosa Pisani, Cinzia Costa, Paolo Calabresi, Riccardo Ientile, and Francesco Pisani, “Protective Effects of Zonisamide Against Rotenone-Induced Neurotoxicity,” Neurochemical Research, 2013.
- Mohammed Gebriel, Shubhangi Prabhudesai, Kai-Erik Uleberg, Eivind Larssen, Dominik Piston, Anne Hjelle Bjørnstad, and Simon Geir Møller, “Zebrafish brain proteomics reveals central proteins involved in neurodegeneration,” Journal of Neuroscience Research, 2013.
- Thomas Taetzsch, and Michelle L. Block, “Pesticides, Microglial NOX2, and Parkinson's Disease,” Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 137–149, 2013.
- Sandeep Vasant More, Hemant Kumar, In-Su Kim, Sushruta Koppulla, Byung-Wook Kim, and Dong-Kug Choi, “Strategic selection of neuroinflammatory models in parkinson's disease:Evidence from experimental studies,” CNS and Neurological Disorders - Drug Targets, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 680–697, 2013.
- Magdalena Kauczynska Karlsson, Praveen Sharma, Jan Aasly, Mathias Toft, Orjan Skogar, Solve Saebo, and Anders Lonneborg, “Found in transcription: Accurate Parkinson's disease classification in peripheral blood,” Journal of Parkinsons Disease, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 19–29, 2013.
- Maja Puchades, Carl Johan Sogn, Jan Maehlen, Linda H. Bergersen, and Vidar Gundersen, “Unaltered lactate and glucose transporter levels in the MPTP mouse model of Parkinson's disease,” Journal of Parkinsons Disease, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 371–385, 2013.
- Xian-Ming Luo, Hai Lin, Wei Wang, Marilyn S. Geaney, Lee Law, Shaun Wynyard, Shamim B. Shaikh, Henry Waldvogel, Richard L. M. Faull, Robert B. Elliott, Stephen J. M. Skinner, Jacqueline E. Lee, and Paul L. -J. Tan, “Recovery of Neurological Functions in Non-Human Primate Model of Parkinson's Disease by Transplantation of Encapsulated Neonatal Porcine Choroid Plexus Cells,” Journal of Parkinsons Disease, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 275–291, 2013.
- Yong Sung Kim, “Accumulation of Alpha-synuclein Causes Colonic Dysmotility Independently of Enteric Nervous Damage in the Early Stage of Parkinson's Disease (Neurogastroenterol Motil 2012;24:e425-e436),” Journal of Neurogastroenterology and Motility, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 264, 2013.
- Alazne Domínguez, Antonia Álvarez, Enrique Hilario, Blanca Suarez-Merino, and Felipe Goñi-de-Cerio, “Central nervous system diseases and the role of the blood-brain barrier in their treatment,” Neuroscience Discovery, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3, 2013.
- Rosa Canet-Aviles, Geoffrey P. Lomax, Ellen G. Feigal, and Catherine Priest, “Proceedings: Cell Therapies for Parkinson's Disease From Discovery to Clinic,” Stem Cells Translational Medicine, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 979–991, 2014.
- Hyung-Mun Yun, Dong Young Choi, Ki Wan Oh, and Jin Tae Hong, “PRDX6 Exacerbates Dopaminergic Neurodegeneration in a MPTP Mouse Model of Parkinson’s Disease,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2014.
- Taku Amo, Shinji Saiki, Tadashi Sawayama, Shigeto Sato, and Nobutaka Hattori, “Detailed analysis of mitochondrial respiratory chain defects caused by loss of PINK1,” Neuroscience Letters, 2014.
- Sergey V Anisimov, and Gesine Paul, “Transplantation of mesenchymal stem cells: a future therapy for Parkinson’s disease?,” Future Neurology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 475–486, 2014.
- Werner J Geldenhuys, Samir M Abdelmagid, Patrick J Gallegos, and Fayez F Safadi, “Parkinson’s disease biomarker: a patent evaluation of WO2013153386,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents, pp. 1–5, 2014.
- Raffaella Adami, Giuseppe Scesa, and Daniele Bottai, “Stem cell transplantation in neurological diseases: improving effectiveness in animal models,” Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology, vol. 2, 2014.
- Sandra Amor, Laura A. N. Peferoen, Daphne Y. S. Vogel, Marjolein Breur, Paul van der Valk, David Baker, and Johannes M. van Noort, “Inflammation in neurodegenerative diseases - an update,” Immunology, vol. 142, no. 2, pp. 151–166, 2014.
- Tiago Zaminelli, Raísa Wendhausen Gradowski, Taysa Bervian Bassani, Janaína Kohl Barbiero, Ronise M. Santiago, Daniele Maria-Ferreira, Cristiane Hatsuko Baggio, and Maria A. B. F. Vital, “Antidepressant and Antioxidative Effect of Ibuprofen in the Rotenone Model of Parkinson’s Disease,” Neurotoxicity Research, 2014.
- Dwayne Brown, Andrea Tamas, Dora Reglodi, and Yousef Tizabi, “PACAP Protects Against Inflammatory-Mediated Toxicity in Dopaminergic SH-SY5Y Cells: Implication for Parkinson’s Disease,” Neurotoxicity Research, 2014.
- Dasa Dolezalova, Marian Hruska-Plochan, Carsten R. Bjarkam, Jens Christian H. Sørensen, Miles Cunningham, David Weingarten, Joseph D. Ciacci, Stefan Juhas, Jana Juhasova, Jan Motlik, Michael P. Hefferan, Tom Hazel, Karl Johe, Cassiano Carromeu, Alysson Muotri, Jack Bui, Jan Strnadel, and Martin Marsala, “Pig models of neurodegenerative disorders: Utilization in cell replacement-based preclinical safety and efficacy studies,” Journal of Comparative Neurology, 2014.
- Thomas Langer, “Dynamic survey of mitochondria by ubiquitin,” Embo Reports, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 231–243, 2014.
- Dahmane Ouazia, Louis-Charles Levros, Éric Rassart, and Richard R. Desrosiers, “Dopamine down-regulation of protein L-isoaspartyl methyltransferase is dependent on reactive oxygen species in SH-SY5Y cells,” Neuroscience, 2014.
- Fengju Jia, Ning Song, Chenyang Zhao, Junxia Xie, and Hong Jiang, “Unexpected Improvements of Spatial Learning and Memory Abilities in Chronic Rotenone Intoxicated Mice,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014.
- Un Ju Jung, Min-Tae Jeon, Myung-Sook Choi, and Sang Ryong Kim, “ Silibinin Attenuates MPP + -Induced Neurotoxicity in the Substantia Nigra In Vivo ,” Journal of Medicinal Food, pp. 140324090959009, 2014.
- Glenda E. Gillies, Ilse S. Pienaar, Shiv Vohra, and Zahi Qamhawi, “Sex Differences in Parkinson’s Disease,” Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology, 2014.
- Elena A. Kozina, Gulnara R. Khakimova, Vitaly G. Khaindrava, Valeriayn G. Kucheryanu, Nadezhda E. Vorobyeva, Alexey N. Krasnov, Sophia G. Georgieva, Lidiya Kerkerian-Le Goff, and Michael V. Ugrumov, “Tyrosine hydroxylase expression and activity in nigrostriatal dopaminergic neurons of Mptp-treated mice at the presymptomatic and symptomatic stages of parkinsonism,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 2014.
- Leonard Guarente, “SIRT1 in Neurodevelopment and Brain Senescence,” Neuron, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 471–483, 2014.
- Maria Teresa Baltazar, Ricardo Jorge Dinis-Oliveira, Maria de Lourdes Bastos, Aristidis M. Tsatsakis, José Alberto Duarte, and Félix Carvalho, “Pesticides exposure as etiological factors of Parkinson's disease and other neurodegenerative diseases—A mechanistic approach,” Toxicology Letters, 2014.
- Josiane W. Bortolotto, Giana P. Cognato, Raissa R. Christoff, Laura N. Roesler, Carlos E. Leite, Luiza W. Kist, Mauricio R. Bogo, Monica R. Vianna, and Carla D. Bonan, “ Long-Term Exposure to Paraquat Alters Behavioral Parameters and Dopamine Levels in Adult Zebrafish ( Danio Rerio ) ,” Zebrafish, pp. 140225122422005, 2014.
- Melissa Barker-Haliski, Daniel Friedman, H. Steve White, and Jacqueline A. French, “How Clinical Development Can, and Should, Inform Translational Science,” Neuron, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 582–593, 2014.
- Jennifer N. Cremer, Katrin Amunts, Jochen Graw, Markus Piel, Frank Rösch, and Karl Zilles, “Neurotransmitter receptor density changes in Pitx3ak mice – a model relevant to Parkinson’s disease,” Neuroscience, 2014.
- Andrew L. Eagle, Oluyemi O. Olumolade, and Hajime Otani, “Partial dopaminergic denervation-induced impairment in stimulus discrimination acquisition in parkinsonian rats: A model for early Parkinson's disease,” Neuroscience Research, 2014.
- Florian Reinhart, Nabil El Massri, Fannie Darlot, Napoleon Torres, Daniel M Johnstone, Claude Chabrol, Thomas Costecalde, Jonathan Stone, John Mitrofanis, Alim-Louis Benabid, and Cécile Moro, “810nm near-infrared light offers neuroprotection and improves locomotor activity in MPTP-treated mice,” Neuroscience Research, 2014.
- Ulrika Nordström, Geneviève Beauvais, Anamitra Ghosh, Baby Chakrapani Pulikkaparambil Sasidharan, Martin Lundblad, Julia Fuchs, Rajiv L. Joshi, Jack W. Lipton, Andrew Roholt, Satish Medicetty, Timothy N. Feinstein, Jennifer A. Steiner, Martha L. Escobar Galvis, Alain Prochiantz, and Patrik Brundin, “Progressive nigrostriatal terminal dysfunction and degeneration in the engrailed1 heterozygous mouse model of Parkinson's disease,” Neurobiology of Disease, 2014.
- Andrzej Dekundy, Flora Mela, Martine Hofmann, and Wojciech Danysz, “Effects of dopamine uptake inhibitor MRZ-9547 in animal models of Parkinson’s disease,” Journal of Neural Transmission, 2014.
- Alvaro Martin, Cosmin A. Tegla, Cornelia D. Cudrici, Adam M. Kruszewski, Philippe Azimzadeh, Dallas Boodhoo, Armugam P. Mekala, Violeta Rus, and Horea Rus, “Role of SIRT1 in autoimmune demyelination and neurodegeneration,” Immunologic Research, 2014.
- Jenny Sandstroem von Tobela, Debora Zoiab, Jorane Althaus, Paola Antinori, Julien Mermoud, Hui Song Pak, Alexander Scherla, and Florianne Monnet-Tschudi, “Immediate and delayed effects of subchronic Paraquat exposure during an early differentiation stage in 3D-rat brain cell cultures,” Toxicology Letters, vol. 230, no. 2, pp. 188–197, 2014.
- Oytun Erbaş, Bilge Piri Çınar, Volkan Solmaz, Türker Çavuşoğlu, and Utku Ateş, “The neuroprotective effect of erythropoietin on experimental Parkinson model in rats,” Neuropeptides, 2014.
- T. R. Petrosyan, O. V. Gevorkyan, and A. S. Hovsepyan, “Effects of Bacterial Melanin on Movement, Posture, and Skilled Balancing Deficits After Unilateral Destruction of Substantia Nigra Pars Compacta in Rats,” Journal of Motor Behavior, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 67–72, 2014.
- Alazne Dominguez, Blanca Suarez-Merino, and Felipe Goni-de-Cerio, “Nanoparticles and Blood-Brain Barrier: The Key to Central Nervous System Diseases,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 766–779, 2014.
- Pasan Fernando, Xuxu Yan, Julia Lockwood, Yin Duan, Lihui Wei, R. Glenn Wells, Corinne Bensimon, Wayne M. Mullett, and Terrence Ruddy, “Toxicological Evaluation of a Rotenone Derivative in Rodents for Clinical Myocardial Perfusion Imaging,” Cardiovascular Toxicology, 2014.
- Anne-Marie Arel-Dubeau, Fanny Longpré, Julie Bournival, Cindy Tremblay, Julie Demers-Lamarche, Pavlina Haskova, Everaldo Attard, Marc Germain, and Maria-Grazia Martinoli, “Cucurbitacin E Has Neuroprotective Properties and Autophagic Modulating Activities on Dopaminergic Neurons,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–15, 2014.
- Ramin Ansari, Ali Mahta, Eric Mallack, and Jin Jun Luo, “Hyperhomocysteinemia and Neurologic Disorders: a Review,” Journal of Clinical Neurology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 281, 2014.
- Slawomir Wojcik, Jan Henryk Spodnik, Edyta Spodnik, Jerzy Dziewiatkowski, and Janusz Morys, “Nigrostriatal pathway degeneration in rats after intraperitoneal administration of proteasome inhibitor MG-132,” Folia Neuropathologica, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 41–55, 2014.
- Jingzhong Zhang, Sebastian Götz, Daniela M. Vogt Weisenhorn, Antonio Simeone, Wolfgang Wurst, and Nilima Prakash, “A WNT1-regulated developmental gene cascade prevents dopaminergic neurodegeneration in adult En1+/– mice,” Neurobiology of Disease, 2015.
- Hao Li, Xiaoguang Lei, Baihui Huang, Joshua D. Rizak, Lichuan Yang, Shangchuan Yang, Jing Wu, Longbao Lü, Jianhong Wang, Ting Yan, Hongwei Li, Zhengbo Wang, Yingzhou Hu, Weidong Le, Xingli Deng, Jiali Li, Lin Xu, Baorong Zhang, and Xintian Hu, “A quantitative approach to developing Parkinsonian monkeys (Macaca fascicularis) with intracerebroventricular 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium injections,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2015.
- Hyung-Wook Kim, Won-Seok Choi, Noah Sorscher, Hyung Joon Park, François Tronche, Richard D. Palmiter, and Zhengui Xia, “Genetic reduction of mitochondrial complex I function does not lead to loss of dopamine neurons in vivo,” Neurobiology of Aging, 2015.
- Tomasz Maciej Stępkowski, Iwona Wasyk, Agnieszka Grzelak, and Marcin Kruszewski, “6-OHDA-Induced Changes in Parkinson`s Disease-Related Gene Expression are not Affected by the Overexpression of PGAM5 in In Vitro Differentiated Embryonic Mesencephalic Cells,” Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, 2015.
- Xiaoguang Lei, Hao Li, Baihui Huang, Joshua Rizak, Ling Li, Liqi Xu, Li Liu, Jing Wu, Longbao Lu, Zhengbo Wang, Yingzhou Hu, Weidong Le, Xingli Deng, Jiali Li, Yonggang Yao, Lin Xu, Xintian Hu, and Baorong Zhang, “1-Methyl-4-Phenylpyridinium Stereotactic Infusion Completely and Specifically Ablated the Nigrostriatal Dopaminergic Pathway in Rhesus Macaque,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 5, 2015.
- Begum Alural, Aysegul Ozerdem, Jens Allmer, Kursad Genc, and Sermin Genc, “Lithium protects against paraquat neurotoxicity by NRF2 activation and miR-34a inhibition in SH-SY5Y cells,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 9, 2015.
- Anderson H.F.F. Leão, Aldair J. Sarmento-Silva, José R. Santos, Alessandra M. Ribeiro, and Regina H. Silva, “Molecular, Neurochemical, and Behavioral Hallmarks of Reserpine as a Model for Parkinson's Disease: New Perspectives to a Long-Standing Model,” Brain Pathology, 2015.
- Daniela Lecca, Daniel K. Nevin, Giovanna Mulas, Maria Antonietta Casu, Andrea Diana, Damiano Rossi, Gianni Sacchetti, and Anna R Carta, “Neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties of a novel non-thiazolidinedione PPARγ agonist in vitro and in MPTP-treated mice,” Neuroscience, 2015.
- Dorit Trudler, Yuval Nash, and Dan Frenkel, “New insights on Parkinson’s disease genes: the link between mitochondria impairment and neuroinflammation,” Journal of Neural Transmission, 2015.
- Yupin Chen, Dong-qi Zhang, Zhong Liao, Bin Wang, Suzhen Gong, Chuang Wang, Ming-zi Zhang, Guo-hua Wang, Huaibin Cai, Francesca-Fang Liao, and Jiang-ping Xu, “Anti-oxidant polydatin (piceid) protects against substantia nigral motor degeneration in multiple rodent models of Parkinson's disease,” Molecular Neurodegeneration, vol. 10, 2015.
- M. Zhou, G. Ottenberg, G. F. Sferrazza, C. Hubbs, M. Fallahi, G. Rumbaugh, A. F. Brantley, and C. I. Lasmezas, “Neuronal death induced by misfolded prion protein is due to NAD+ depletion and can be relieved in vitro and in vivo by NAD+ replenishment,” Brain, 2015.
- Adriana Galvan, Annaelle Devergnas, and Thomas Wichmann, “Alterations in neuronal activity in basal ganglia-thalamocortical circuits in the parkinsonian state,” Frontiers in Neuroanatomy, vol. 9, 2015.
- Shinichi Amano, Deborah Kegelmeyer, and S. Lee Hong, “Rethinking energy in parkinsonian motor symptoms: a potential role for neural metabolic deficits,” Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2015.
- Eun-Jung Park, and John M. Pezzuto, “The Pharmacology of Resveratrol in Animals and Humans,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2015.
- Soham Mitra, Nilkanta Chakrabarti, Spandita Seouli Dutta, Sucharit Ray, Promita Bhattacharya, Priyobrata Sinha, and Arindam Bhattacharyya, “Gender Specific Brain Regional Variation of Neurons, Endogenous Estrogen, Neuroinflammation and Glial Cells During Rotenone Induced Mouse Model of Parkinson’s Disease,” Neuroscience, 2015.
- M. Ogata, K. Noda, H. Akita, and H. Ishibashi, “Characterization of nociceptive response to chemical, mechanical, and thermal stimuli in adolescent rats with neonatal dopamine depletion,” Neuroscience, 2015.
- Sudipta Chakraborty, Pan Chen, Julia Bornhorst, Tanja Schwerdtle, Fabian Schumacher, Burkhard Kleuser, Aaron B. Bowman, and Michael Aschner, “Loss of pdr-1/parkin influences Mn homeostasis through altered ferroportin expression in C. elegans,” Metallomics, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 847–856, 2015.
- Ester Tellone, Antonio Galtieri, Annamaria Russo, Bruno Giardina, and Silvana Ficarra, “Resveratrol: A Focus on Several Neurodegenerative Diseases,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2015, pp. 1–14, 2015.