- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 845618, 10 pages
Classic and New Animal Models of Parkinson's Disease
1Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
2Center for Motor Neuron Biology and Disease, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
3Department of Neurology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Received 9 January 2012; Accepted 23 January 2012
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2012 Javier Blesa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kurt A. Jellinger, “Potential role of α-synuclein in neurodegeneration: studies in a rat animal model,” Journal of Neurochemistry, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 659–660, 2012.
- Quinton R.D. Jones, Jordan Warford, H.P. Vasantha Rupasinghe, and George S. Robertson, “Target-based selection of flavonoids for neurodegenerative disorders,” Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 602–610, 2012.
- P. Rojas, E. Ruiz-Sánchez, C. Rojas, and S.O. Ögren, “Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) modulates the expression of dopamine-related genes in 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine-induced Parkinsonism in mice,” Neuroscience, vol. 223, pp. 246–257, 2012.
- Andrea L. Nuckolls, Cole Worley, Christopher Leto, Hongyu Zhang, Jill K. Morris, and John A. Stanford, “Tongue force and tongue motility are differently affected by unilateral vs bilateral nigrostriatal dopamine depletion in rats,” Behavioural Brain Research, vol. 234, no. 2, pp. 343–348, 2012.
- Isabelle St-Amour, Melanie Bousquet, Isabelle Pare, Janelle Drouin-Ouellet, Francesca Cicchetti, Renee Bazin, and Frederic Calon, “Impact of intravenous immunoglobulin on the dopaminergic system and immune response in the acute MPTP mouse model of Parkinson's disease,” Journal of Neuroinflammation, vol. 9, 2012.
- Puneet Bagga, Anup N. Chugani, Komanduri S. Varadarajan, and Anant B. Patel, “ In vivo NMR studies of regional cerebral energetics in MPTP model of Parkinson's disease: recovery of cerebral metabolism with acute levodopa treatment ,” Journal of Neurochemistry, 2013.
- Md Shahaduzzaman, Sandra Acosta, Paula C. Bickford, and Cesar V. Borlongan, “α-Synuclein is a pathological link and therapeutic target for Parkinson’s disease and traumatic brain injury,” Medical Hypotheses, 2013.
- Ana Clara Cristóvão, Joana Barata, Goun Je, and Yoon-Seong Kim, “PKCδ mediates paraquat-induced Nox1 expression in dopaminergic neurons,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2013.
- Paul McGonigle, “Animal Models of CNS Disorders,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 2013.
- Kai-Li Ma, Jia-Hong Gao, Zhang-Qiong Huang, Ying Zhang, De-Xuan Kuang, Qin-Fang Jiang, Yuan-Yuan Han, Cong Li, Wen-Guang Wang, Xiao-Yan Huang, Juan Xu, Pin-Fen Tong, Xing-Xiao Yin, and Jie-Jie Dai, “Motor Function in MPTP-Treated Tree Shrews (Tupaia belangeri chinensis),” Neurochemical Research, 2013.
- Cheong-Meng Chong, Zhong-Yan Zhou, Valentina Razmovski-Naumovski, Guo-Zhen Cui, Lun-Qing Zhang, Fei Sa, Pui-Man Hoi, Kelvin Chan, and Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, “Danshensu protects against 6-hydroxydopamine-induced damage of PC12 cells in vitro and dopaminergic neurons in zebrafish,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 543, pp. 121–125, 2013.
- Marina Spanos, Julie Gras-Najjar, Jeremy M. Letchworth, Audrey L. Sanford, J. Vincent Toups, and Leslie A. Sombers, “Quantitation of Hydrogen Peroxide Fluctuations and Their Modulation of Dopamine Dynamics in the Rat Dorsal Striatum Using Fast-Scan Cyclic Voltammetry,” ACS Chemical Neuroscience, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 782–789, 2013.
- Marcio Lazzarini, Sabine Martin, Mišo Mitkovski, Rita Raisman Vozari, Walter Stühmer, and Elaine Del Bel, “Doxycycline restrains glia and confers neuroprotection in a 6-OHDA Parkinson model,” Glia, 2013.
- Massimo S. Fiandaca, and Howard J. Federoff, “Using viral-mediated gene delivery to model Parkinson's disease: Do nonhuman primate investigations expand our understanding?,” Experimental Neurology, 2013.
- David T. Dexter, and Peter Jenner, “Parkinson disease: from pathology to molecular disease mechanisms,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2013.
- Salvatore Condello, Monica Currò, Nadia Ferlazzo, Gregorio Costa, Giuseppa Visalli, Daniela Caccamo, Laura Rosa Pisani, Cinzia Costa, Paolo Calabresi, Riccardo Ientile, and Francesco Pisani, “Protective Effects of Zonisamide Against Rotenone-Induced Neurotoxicity,” Neurochemical Research, 2013.
- Huaxin Sheng, Raphael E. Chaparro, Toshihiro Sasaki, Miwa Izutsu, Robert D. Pearlstein, Artak Tovmasyan, and David S. Warner, “Metalloporphyrins as Therapeutic Catalytic Oxidoreductants in Central Nervous System Disorders,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, pp. 131001093903006, 2013.
- Mohammed Gebriel, Shubhangi Prabhudesai, Kai-Erik Uleberg, Eivind Larssen, Dominik Piston, Anne Hjelle Bjørnstad, and Simon Geir Møller, “Zebrafish brain proteomics reveals central proteins involved in neurodegeneration,” Journal of Neuroscience Research, 2013.
- Thomas Taetzsch, and Michelle L. Block, “Pesticides, Microglial NOX2, and Parkinson's Disease,” Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 137–149, 2013.
- Yong Sung Kim, “Accumulation of Alpha-synuclein Causes Colonic Dysmotility Independently of Enteric Nervous Damage in the Early Stage of Parkinson's Disease (Neurogastroenterol Motil 2012;24:e425-e436),” Journal of Neurogastroenterology and Motility, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 264, 2013.