- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 870194, 5 pages
Ustekinumab Biotherapy and Real-Time Psoriasis Capacitance Mapping: A Pilot Study
Laboratory of Skin Bioengineering and Imaging, Department of Dermatopathology, University Hospital of Liège, 4000 Liège, Belgium
Received 10 January 2012; Accepted 1 February 2012
Academic Editor: Enzo Berardesca
Copyright © 2012 Claudine Piérard-Franchimont and Gérald E. Piérard. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Uhoda, G. E. Piérard, C. Piérard-Franchimont et al., “Vascularity and fractal dimension of the dermo-epidermal interface in guttate and plaque-type psoriasis,” Dermatology, vol. 210, no. 3, pp. 189–193, 2005.
- C. E. Griffiths and J. N. Barker, “Pathogenesis and clinical features of psoriasis,” The Lancet, vol. 370, no. 9583, pp. 263–271, 2007.
- F. O. Nestle, D. H. Kaplan, and J. Barker, “Mechanisms of disease: psoriasis,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 361, no. 5, pp. 444–509, 2009.
- W. H. P. M. Vissers, J. Roelofzen, E. M. G. J. de Jong, P. E. J. van Erp, and P. C. M. van de Kerkhof, “Flexural versus plaque lesions in psoriasis: an immunohistochemical differentiation,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 13–17, 2005.
- E. Guttman-Yassky and J. G. Krueger, “Psoriasis: evolution of pathogenic concepts and new therapies through phases of translational research,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 157, no. 6, pp. 1103–1115, 2007.
- M. A. Lowes, A. M. Bowcock, and J. G. Krueger, “Pathogenesis and therapy of psoriasis,” Nature, vol. 445, no. 7130, pp. 866–873, 2007.
- D. Jullien, J. C. Prinz, R. G. B. Langley et al., “T-cell modulation for the treatment of chronic plaque psoriasis with efalizumab (Raptiva): mechanisms of action,” Dermatology, vol. 208, no. 4, pp. 297–306, 2004.
- J. Schmitt and G. Wozel, “The psoriasis area and severity index is the adequate criterion to define severity in chronic plaque-type psoriasis,” Dermatology, vol. 210, no. 3, pp. 194–199, 2005.
- G. E. Piérard, C. Piérard-Franchimont, G. Szepetiuk, P. Paquet, and P. Quatresooz, “The therapeutic potential of TNF-α antagonists for skin psoriasis comorbidities,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 1197–1208, 2010.
- R. Marks, S. P. Barton, D. Shuttleworth, and A. Y. Finlay, “Assessment of disease progress in psoriasis,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 235–240, 1989.
- B. Ramsay and C. M. Lawrence, “Measurement of involved surface area in patients with psoriasis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 124, no. 6, pp. 565–570, 1991.
- S. Tiling-Grosse and J. Rees, “Assessment of area of involvement in skin disease: a study using schematic figure outlines,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 1993.
- Y. M. Yune, S. Y. Park, H. S. Oh et al., “Objective assessment of involved surface area in patients with psoriasis,” Skin Research and Technology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 339–342, 2003.
- E. A. Alwawi, E. Krulig, and K. B. Gordon, “Long-term efficacy of biologics in the treatment of psoriasis: what do we really know?” Dermatologic Therapy, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 431–440, 2009.
- M. Stücker, M. Hoffmann, and P. Altmeyer, “Instrumental evaluation of retinoid-induced skin irritation,” Skin Research and Technology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 133–140, 2002.
- F. V ázquez-López, J. A. Manjón-Haces, C. Maldonado-Seral, C. Raya-Aguado, N. Pérez-Oliva, and A. A. Marghoob, “Dermoscopic features of plaque psoriasis and lichen planus: new observations,” Dermatology, vol. 207, no. 2, pp. 151–156, 2003.
- R. Sabat, S. Philipp, C. Hoflich et al., “Immunopathogenesis of psoriasis,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 779–798, 2007.
- J. Charles, L. Chaperot, D. Salameire et al., “Plasmacytoid dendritic cells and dermatological disorders: focus on their role in autoimmunity and cancer,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 16–23, 2010.
- B. J. Nickoloff, H. Xin, F. O. Nestle, and J. Z. Qin, “The cytokine and chemokine network in psoriasis,” Clinics in Dermatology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 568–573, 2007.
- E. Berardesca and H. I. Maibach, “Transepidermal water loss and skin surface hydration in the non invasive assessment of stratum corneum function,” Dermatosen in Beruf und Umwelt, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 50–53, 1990.
- C. M. Lee and H. I. Maibach, “Bioengineering analysis of water hydration: an overview,” Exogenous Dermatology, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 269–275, 2002.
- J. A. Bouwstra, A. de Graaff, G. S. Gooris, J. Nijsse, J. W. Wiechers, and A. C. van Aelst, “Water distribution and related morphology in human stratum corneum at different hydration levels,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 120, no. 5, pp. 750–758, 2003.
- E. Berardesca, P. Masson, L. Rodrigues et al., “EEMCO guidance for the assessment of stratum corneum hydration: electrical methods,” Skin Research and Technology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 126–132, 1997.
- J. L. Lévêque and B. Querleux, “SkinChip, a new tool for investigating the skin surface in vivo,” Skin Research and Technology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 343–347, 2003.
- G. E. Piérard and J. L. Lévêque, “What is SkinChip? From silicon image sensor technology to SkinChip,” Dermatology, vol. 208, no. 4, pp. 291–292, 2004.
- D. Batisse, F. Giron, and J. L. Lévêque, “Capacitance imaging of the skin surface,” Skin Research and Technology, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 99–104, 2006.
- E. Xhauflaire-Uhoda and G. E. Piérard, “Contrasted skin capacitance imaging of seborrheic keratoses and melanocytic nevi,” Dermatology, vol. 212, no. 4, pp. 394–397, 2006.
- E. Xhauflaire-Uhoda, C. Piérard-Franchimont, and G. E. Piérard, “Skin capacitance mapping of psoriasis,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1261–1265, 2006.
- E. Xhauflaire-Uhoda, P. Paquet, P. Quatresooz, and G. E. Piérard, “Characterization of the skin using capacitance imaging,” Expert Review of Dermatology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 149–158, 2010.
- E. Xhauflaire-Uhoda, G. E. Piérard, and P. Quatresooz, “The skin landscape following nonoptical capacitance imaging,” American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 89–94, 2010.
- A. T. J. Goon, G. Yosipovitch, Y. H. Chan, and C. L. Goh, “Barrier repair in chronic plaque-type psoriasis,” Skin Research and Technology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 10–13, 2004.
- A. Blauvlet, “New concepts in the pathogenesis and treatment of psoriasis : key roles for IL-23, IL-17A and TGF-β1,” Expert Review of Dermatology, vol. 2, pp. 69–78, 2007.
- A. Clemmensen, M. Spon, L. Skov, C. Zachariae, and R. Gniadecki, “Responses to ustekinumab in the anti-TNF agent-naïve vs. anti-TNF agent-exposed patients with psoriasis vulgaris,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 1037–1040, 2011.
- J. Weber and S. J. Keam, “Ustekinumab,” Biodrugs, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 53–61, 2009.
- U. Mrowietz, J. T. Elder, and J. Barker, “The importance of disease associations and concomitant therapy for the long-term management of psoriasis patients,” Archives of Dermatological Research, vol. 298, no. 7, pp. 309–319, 2006.
- A. B. Kimball, D. Gladman, J. M. Gelfand et al., “National Psoriasis Foundation clinical consensus on psoriasis comorbidities and recommendations for screening,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1031–1042, 2008.