- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 946139, 8 pages
Inhibitory Effects of the Attenuated Salmonella typhimurium Containing the IL-2 Gene on Hepatic Tumors in Mice
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Lanzhou General Hospital of Lanzhou Military Region, People’s Liberation Army, Key Laboratory of Stem Cell and Gene Drug in Gansu Province, Lanzhou 730050, China
Received 9 April 2012; Revised 27 June 2012; Accepted 27 June 2012
Academic Editor: Bernd H. A. Rehm
Copyright © 2012 Xiao-qin Ha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Yennurajalingam, R. Dev, P. W. Walker, S. K. Reddy, and E. Bruera, “Challenges associated with spinal opioid therapy for pain in patients with advanced cancer: a report of three cases,” Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 930–935, 2010.
- M. W. L. Teng, B. Von Scheidt, H. Duret, J. E. Towne, and M. J. Smyth, “Anti-IL-23 monoclonal antibody synergizes in combination with targeted therapies or IL-2 to suppress tumor growth and metastases,” Cancer Research, vol. 71, no. 6, pp. 2077–2086, 2011.
- M. Hara, H. Nakanishi, K. Tsujimura et al., “Interleukin-2 potentiation of cetuximab antitumor activity for epidermal growth factor receptor-overexpressing gastric cancer xenografts through antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity,” Cancer Science, vol. 99, no. 7, pp. 1471–1478, 2008.
- A. Z. Dudek, R. T. Yee, J. C. Manivel, R. Isaksson, and H. O. Yee, “Carbonic anhydrase IX expression is associated with improved outcome of high-dose interleukin-2 therapy for metastatic renal cell carcinoma,” Anticancer Research, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 987–992, 2010.
- A. Kasprzak, R. Spachacz, J. Wachowiak, K. Stefańska, E. Kaczmarek, and M. Zabel, “Tissue expression of interleukin 2 (IL-2) and IL-2 receptor (IL-2Rα/CD25) in non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphomas in children correlations with clinical data,” Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 462–471, 2010.
- X. Zhang, J. Feng, X. Ye, Y. Yao, P. Zhou, and X. Chen, “Development of an immunocytokine, IL-2-183B2scFv, for targeted immunotherapy of ovarian cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 848–852, 2006.
- F. Uggeri, R. Caprotti, L. De Grate et al., “Short-term preoperative IL-2 immunotherapy in operable pancreatic cancer: a randomized study,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 56, no. 91-92, pp. 861–865, 2009.
- L. Ridolfi, O. Bertetto, A. Santo et al., “Chemotherapy with or without low-dose interleukin-2 in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: results from a phase III randomized multicentric trial,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 1011–1017, 2011.
- L. Ridolfi, G. Fiorentini, M. Guida et al., “Multicentre, open, noncomparative Phase II trial to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of fotemustine, cisplatin, alpha-interferon and interleukin-2 in advanced melanoma patients,” Melanoma Research, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 100–105, 2009.
- Y. G. Li, Z. P. Wang, J. Q. Tian et al., “Dendritic cell transfected with secondary lymphoid-tissue chemokine and/or interleukin-2 gene-enhanced cytotoxicity of t-lymphocyte in human bladder tumor cell s in vitro,” Cancer Investigation, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 909–917, 2009.
- G. K. Antony and A. Z. Dudek, “Interleukin 2 in cancer therapy,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 29, pp. 3297–3302, 2010.
- W. Den Otter, J. J. L. Jacobs, J. J. Battermann et al., “Local therapy of cancer with free IL-2,” Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 931–950, 2008.
- J. Kilhamn, S. B. Lundin, H. Brevinge, A. M. Svennerholm, and M. Jertborn, “T- and B-cell immune responses of patients who had undergone colectomies to oral administration of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi Ty21a vaccine,” Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 426–430, 2003.
- Z. Huang, D. J. Dauer, G. K. Ha, M. H. Lewis, and J. M. Petitto, “Interleukin-2 deficiency-induced T cell autoimmunity in the mouse brain,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 463, no. 1, pp. 44–48, 2009.
- K. Kohyama, H. Sugiura, E. Kozawa et al., “Antitumor activity of an interleukin-2 monoclonal antibody in a murine osteosarcoma transplantation model2012,” Anticancer Research, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 779–782, 2012.
- M. Wilson, N. P. Davies, M. A. Brundler, C. McConville, R. G. Grundy, and A. C. Peet, “High resolution magic angle spinning 1H NMR of childhood brain and nervous system tumours,” Molecular Cancer, vol. 8, article 6, 2009.
- A. C. Fox, C. M. Robertson, B. Belt et al., “Cancer causes increased mortality and is associated with altered apoptosis in murine sepsis,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 886–893, 2010.
- M. Sznol, S. L. Lin, D. Bermudes, L. M. Zheng, and I. King, “Use of preferentially replicating bacteria for the treatment of cancer,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 105, no. 8, pp. 1027–1030, 2000.
- C. Clairmont, D. Bermudes, K. B. Low, et al., “VNP20009, a genetically modified Salmonella typhimuriumml: anti-tumor efficacy, toxicology, and biodistribution in preclinical models,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 5, supplement, p. 102, 1999.
- W. Fu, H. Lan, S. Li et al., “Synergistic antitumor efficacy of suicide/ePNP gene and 6-methylpurine -deoxyriboside via Salmonella against murine tumors,” Cancer Gene Therapy, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 474–484, 2008.
- H. Qi, Y. H. Li, and S. B. Zheng, “Oral gene therapy via live attenuated Salmonella leads to tumor regression and survival prolongation in mice,” Journal of Southern Medical University, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1738–1741, 2006.
- B. D. Jones and S. Falkow, “Salmonellosis: host immune responses and bacterial virulence determinants,” Annual Review of Immunology, vol. 14, pp. 533–561, 1996.
- B. Sorenson, K. Banton, L. Augustin et al., “Safety and immunogenicity of Salmonella typhimurium expressing C-terminal truncated human IL-2 in a murine model,” Biologics, vol. 4, pp. 61–73, 2009.