- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 950658, 17 pages
Salinomycin as a Drug for Targeting Human Cancer Stem Cells
1Institute of Immunology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 305, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
2Center and Network for Targeted Oncology, Clinical Research Division, Muehlackerweg 8, 69239 Heidelberg, Germany
Received 23 August 2012; Accepted 4 October 2012
Academic Editor: Adam Huczynski
Copyright © 2012 Cord Naujokat and Roman Steinhart. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jacek Rutkowski, Izabela Borowicz, Joanna Wietrzyk, Ewa Maj, and Bogumil Brzezinski, “One-pot synthesis and cytotoxicity studies of new Mannich base derivatives of polyether antibiotic-Lasalocid acid,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 23, no. 18, pp. 5053–5056, 2013.
- Won Duk Joo, Irene Visintin, and Gil Mor, “Targeted cancer therapy – Are the days of systemic chemotherapy numbered?,” Maturitas, 2013.
- José N. Onuchic, Patricia A. Jennings, and Eshel Ben-Jacob, “Learning from cancer how to defeat bacteria,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 110, no. 9, pp. 3212–3213, 2013.
- Justin M. David, Tori A. Owens, and Sonali P. Barwe, “Gramicidin A Induces Metabolic Dysfunction and Energy Depletion Leading to Cell Death in Renal Cell Carcinoma Cells,” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 2296–2307, 2013.
- Petra Huehnchen, and Matthias Endres, “Assessment of Paclitaxel Induced Sensory Polyneuropathy with "Catwalk" Auto mated Gait Analysis in Mice,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Olajumoke Omolara Ojo, and Smrati Bhadauria, “Dose-Dependent Adverse Effects of Salinomycin on Male Reproductive Organs a nd Fertility in Mice,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Björn Borgström, Xiaoli Huang, Martin Pošta, Cecilia Hegardt, Stina Oredsson, and Daniel Strand, “Synthetic modification of salinomycin: selective O-acylation and biological evaluation,” Chemical Communications, vol. 49, no. 85, pp. 9944, 2013.
- Susan D. Mertins, “Cancer stem cells,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 353–367, 2014.
- Roberto Würth, Federica Barbieri, and Tullio Florio, “New Molecules and Old Drugs as Emerging Approaches to Selectively Target Human Glioblastoma Cancer Stem Cells,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.