- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 954603, 7 pages
An Integrated Gateway for Various PHDs in U-Healthcare Environments
Computer Engineering Department, Keimyung University, Sindang-dong, Dalseo-gu, Daegu 704-701, Republic of Korea
Received 16 May 2012; Accepted 10 June 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 KeeHyun Park and JuGeon Pak. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. O'Brien and R. M. Ruairí, “Survey of assistive technology devices and applications for aging in place,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Advances in Human-Oriented and Personalized Mechanisms, Technologies, and Services (CENTRIC '09), pp. 7–12, September 2009.
- A. Dittmar, F. Axisa, G. Delhomme, and C. Gehin, “New concepts and technologies in home care and ambulatory monitoring,” Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, vol. 108, pp. 9–35, 2004.
- J. G. Pak and K. H. Park, “Design of an ISO/IEEE, 11073 gateway for u-healthcare services,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Science and Technology, pp. 152–154, 2012.
- IEEE Std. 1073 Standard for Medical Device Communication—Part 00000: Framework and Overview.
- K. H. Park and J. G. Pak, “Implementation of a handheld compute engine for personal health devices,” International Journal of Smart Home, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 59–64, 2012.
- J. Pak and K. Park, “A smart personal activity monitoring system based on wireless device management methods,” Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 335–342, 2011.
- J. G. Pak and K. H. Park, “UbiMMS: an ubiquitous medication monitoring system based on remote device management methods,” The Journal of Healthcare Information Management, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 26–30, 2012.
- J. G. Pak and K. H. Park, “Pulse oximeter monitor for u-health service,” in Proceeding of the International Conference on Computer and Applications, p. 61, 2012.
- J. B. J. Bussmann, W. L. J. Martens, J. H. M. Tulen, F. C. Schasfoort, H. J. G. van den Berg-Emons, and H. J. Stam, “Measuring daily behavior using ambulatory accelerometry: The activity monitor,” Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 349–356, 2001.
- J. J. Segura-Juárez, D. Cuesta-Frau, L. Samblas-Pena, and M. Aboy, “A microcontroller-based portable electrocardiograph recorder,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1686–1690, 2004.
- V. F. S. Fook, A. A. P. Wai, M. Jayachandran, B. Jit, P. H. Lee, and P. Y. L. Kiat, “Smart mote-based wireless medication management system for persons with dementia,” International Journal of Assistive Robotics and Mechatronics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 27–35, 2008.
- P. H. Tsai, T. Y. Chen, C. R. Yu, C. S. Shih, and J. W. S. Liu, “Smart medication dispenser: design, architecture and implementation,” IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 99–111, 2011.
- T. Pedersen, P. B. Dyrlund, and A. M. Moller, “Pulse oximetry for perioperative monitoring,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, vol. 3, Article ID CD002013, 2003.
- N. Watthanawisuth, T. Lomas, A. Wisitsoraat, and A. Tuantranont, “Wireless wearable pulse oximeter for health monitoring using ZigBee wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON '10), pp. 575–579, May 2010.
- P. Harvey, B. Woodward, S. Datta, and D. Mulvaney, “Data acquisition in a wireless diabetic and cardiac monitoring system,” in Proceedings of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 3154–3157, 2011.
- D. Niyato, E. Hossain, and S. Camorlinga, “Remote patient monitoring service using heterogeneous wireless access networks: architecture and optimization,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 412–423, 2009.
- I. Martiìnez, P. del Valle, P. Munoz et al., “Interoperable and standard e-health solution over Bluetooth,” in Proceedings of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 2192–2195, 2010.
- D. Benhaddou, M. Balakrishnan, and X. Yuan, “Remote healthcare monitoring system architecture using sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Region 5 Conference, pp. 1–6, April 2008.
- D. P. Bogia, “Supporting personal health devices through standardization and collaboration,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on e-Health Networking Applications and Services, pp. 338–343, 2011.
- M. Galarraga, I. Martinez, L. Serrano et al., “Proposal of an ISO/IEEE11073 platform for healthcare telemonitoring: plug-and-play solution with new use cases,” in Proceedings of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 10–13, 2007.
- I. Martinez, J. Fernandez, M. Galarraga et al., “Implementation of an end-to-end standard-based patient monitoring solution,” IET Communications, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 6426–6429, 2008.
- M. Galarraga, L. Serrano, I. Martinez, P. de Toledo, and M. Reynolds, “Telemonitoring systems interoperability challenge: an updated review of the applicability of ISO/IEEE, 11073 standards for interoperability in telemonitoring,” in Proceedings of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 6162–6166.
- M. Clarke, D. Bogia, K. Hassing, L. Steubesand, T. Chan, and D. Ayyagari, “Developing a standard for personal health devices based on 11073,” in Proceedings of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 6175–6177, 2007.
- IEEE Std. 11073–20601—2008 Health Informatics—Personal Health Device Communication—Application Profile—Optimized Exchange Protocol.
- IEEE Std. 11073–10441—2008 Health Informatics—Personal Health Device Communication—Device specialization—Cardiovascular fitness and activity monitor.
- IEEE Std. 11073–10472—2010 Health Informatics—Personal Health Device Communication—Device specialization—Medication Monitor.
- IEEE Std. 11073–10404—2008 Health Informatics—Personal Health Device Communication—Device specialization—Pulse oximeter.