- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 980961, 8 pages
Differential Temporal Evolution Patterns in Brain Temperature in Different Ischemic Tissues in a Monkey Model of Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion
1Department of Radiology, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, No. 154, Anshan Dao Road, Heping District, Tianjin 300052, China
2Department of Radiology, The Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, No. 215, Heping West Road, Hebei Province, Shijiazhuang 050051, China
Received 19 July 2012; Accepted 31 August 2012
Academic Editor: Dobromir Dobrev
Copyright © 2012 Zhihua Sun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Castillo, A. Dávalos, J. Marrugat, and M. Noya, “Timing for fever-related brain damage in acute ischemic stroke,” Stroke, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 2455–2460, 1998.
- B. Karaszewski, J. M. Wardlaw, I. Marshall et al., “Measurement of brain temperature with magnetic resonance spectroscopy in acute ischemic stroke,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 438–446, 2006.
- J. Zaremba, “Hyperthermia in ischemic stroke,” Medical Science Monitor, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. RA148–RA153, 2004.
- R. N. Ichord, F. J. Northington, D. Van Wylen, M. V. Johnston, C. Kwon, and R. J. Traystman, “Brain O2 consumption and glutamate release during hypoglycémie coma in piglets are temperature sensitive,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 276, no. 6, part 2, pp. H2053–H2062, 1999.
- S. Asai, H. Zhao, T. Kohno, Y. Takahashi, T. Nagata, and K. Ishikawa, “Quantitative evaluation of extracellular glutamate concentration in postischemic glutamate re-uptake, dependent on brain temperature, in the rat following severe global brain ischemia,” Brain Research, vol. 864, no. 1, pp. 60–68, 2000.
- S. Schwab, M. Spranger, A. Aschoff, T. Steiner, and W. Hacke, “Brain temperature monitoring and modulation in patients with severe MCA infarction,” Neurology, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 762–767, 1997.
- J. J. Legos, A. A. Mangoni, S. J. Read et al., “Programmable microchip monitoring of post-stroke pyrexia: effects of aspirin and paracetamol on temperature and infarct size in the rat,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 159–166, 2002.
- E. B. Cady, J. Penrice, and N. J. Robertson, “Improved reproducibility of MRS regional brain thermometry by ‘amplitude-weighted combination’,” NMR in Biomedicine, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 865–872, 2011.
- R. Jayasundar and V. P. Singh, “In vivo temperature measurements in brain tumors using proton MR spectroscopy,” Neurology India, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 436–439, 2002.
- E. B. Cady, P. C. D'Souza, J. Penrice, and A. Lorek, “The estimation of local brain temperature by in vivo 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 862–867, 1995.
- R. J. T. Corbett, P. D. Purdy, A. R. Laptook, C. Chaney, and D. Garcia, “Noninvasive measurement of brain temperature after stroke,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1851–1857, 1999.
- B. Karaszewski, J. M. Wardlaw, I. Marshall et al., “Early brain temperature elevation and anaerobic metabolism in human acute ischaemic stroke,” Brain, vol. 132, no. 4, pp. 955–964, 2009.
- K. R. Thulborn, T. S. Gindin, D. Davis, and P. Erb, “Comprehensive MR imaging protocol for stroke management: tissue sodium concentration as a measure of tissue viability in nonhuman primate studies and in clinical studies,” Radiology, vol. 213, no. 1, pp. 156–166, 1999.
- J. Zhang, Y. M. Chen, and Y. T. Zhang, “Blood-oxygenation-level-dependent-(BOLD-) based R2′ MRI study in monkey model of reversible middle cerebral artery occlusion,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, Article ID 318346, 8 pages, 2011.
- J. C. LaManna, K. A. McCracken, M. Patil, and O. Prohaska, “Brain tissue temperature: activation-induced changes determined with a new multisensor probe,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, vol. 222, pp. 383–389, 1988.
- E. M. Nemoto, C. Jungreis, D. Larnard, H. Kuwabara, M. Horowitz, and A. Kassam, “Hyperthermia and hypermetabolism in focal cerebral ischemia,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, vol. 566, pp. 83–89, 2005.
- H. K. F. Trübel, P. K. Maciejewski, J. H. Farber, and F. Hyder, “Brain temperature measured by 1H-NMR in conjunction with a lanthanide complex,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 1641–1649, 2003.
- I. Marshall, B. Karaszewski, J. M. Wardlaw et al., “Measurement of regional brain temperature using proton spectroscopic imaging: validation and application to acute ischemic stroke,” Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 699–706, 2006.
- S. M. Maniega, V. Cvoro, P. A. Armitage, I. Marshall, M. E. Bastin, and J. M. Wardlaw, “Choline and creatine are not reliable denominators for calculating metabolite ratios in acute ischemic stroke,” Stroke, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 2467–2469, 2008.
- K. Kuroda, R. V. Mulkern, K. Oshio, et al., “Temperature mapping using the water proton chemical shift: selfreferenced method with echo-planar spectroscopic imaging,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 220–225, 2000.
- K. Kuroda, N. Takei, R. V. Mulkern et al., “Feasibility of internally referenced brain temperature imaging with a metabolite signal,” Magnetic Resonance in Medical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 2003.
- A. Schurr, “Lactate, glucose and energy metabolism in the ischemic brain,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 131–136, 2002.
- A. R. Parry-Jones, T. Liimatainen, R. A. Kauppinen, O. H. J. Gröhn, and N. J. Rothwell, “Interleukin-1 exacerbates focal cerebral ischemia and reduces ischemic brain temperature in the rat,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 1239–1249, 2008.
- M. A. Yenari and H. S. Han, “Influence of hypothermia on post-ischemic inflammation: role of nuclear factor kappa B (NFκB),” Neurochemistry International, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 164–169, 2006.
- T. Nakase, Y. Yoshida, and K. Nagata, “Amplified expression of uncoupling proteins in human brain ischemic lesions,” Neuropathology, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 442–447, 2007.
- G. Mattiasson, M. Shamloo, G. Gido et al., “Uncoupling protein-2 prevents neuronal death and diminishes brain dysfunction after stroke and brain trauma,” Nature Medicine, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 1062–1068, 2003.
- J. S. Kim-Han and L. L. Dugan, “Mitochondrial uncoupling proteins in the central nervous system,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, vol. 7, no. 9-10, pp. 1173–1181, 2005.
- T. L. Horvath, S. Diano, and C. Barnstable, “Mitochondrial uncoupling protein 2 in the central nervous system: neuromodulator and neuroprotector,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 1917–1921, 2003.
- C. S. Kidwell, J. R. Alger, and J. L. Saver, “Evolving paradigms in neuroimaging of the ischemic penumbra,” Stroke, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 2662–2665, 2004.
- Z. H. Sun, X. J. Zhang, Y. T. Zhang, H. Guo, J. Zhang, and C. Yu, “Estimation of the ischemic penumbra based on CT perfusion: a pilot study,” Academic Radiology, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1535–1542, 2010.
- C. S. Rivers, J. M. Wardlaw, P. A. Armitage et al., “Do acute diffusion- and perfusion-weighted MRI lesions identify final infarct volume in ischemic stroke?” Stroke, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 98–104, 2006.