- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 984589, 7 pages
Characterization of Plasminogen Binding to NB4 Promyelocytic Cells Using Monoclonal Antibodies against Receptor-Induced Binding Sites in Cell-Bound Plasminogen
1Cell Biology Department, Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona, Spain
2Centre de Diagnòstic Genètic Molecular, Hospital Duran i Reynals, 08907 L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
3Centre Atenció Primària (CAP) Canaletes, Institut Català de la Salut (ICS), Passeig d'Horta 17, 08290 Cerdanyola del Vallès, Spain
Received 24 April 2012; Accepted 6 June 2012
Academic Editor: Lindsey A. Miles
Copyright © 2012 Mercè Jardí et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Collen and H. R. Lijnen, “Basic and clinical aspects of fibrinolysis and thrombolysis,” Blood, vol. 78, no. 12, pp. 3114–3124, 1991.
- E. F. Plow, J. Felez, and L. A. Miles, “Cellular regulation of fibrinolysis,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 32–36, 1991.
- E. F. Plow and L. A. Miles, “Plasminogen receptors in the mediation of pericellular proteolysis,” Cell Differentiation and Development, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 293–298, 1990.
- E. F. Plow, T. Herren, A. Redlitz, L. A. Miles, and J. L. Hoover-Plow, “The cell biology of the plasminogen system,” The FASEB Journal, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 939–945, 1995.
- V. Sinniger, R. E. Mertont, P. Fabregas, J. Felez, and C. Longstaff, “Regulation of tissue plasminogen activator activity by cells: domains responsible for binding and mechanism of stimulation,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 274, no. 18, pp. 12414–12422, 1999.
- C. Longstaff, R. E. Merton, P. Fabregas, and J. Felez, “Characterization of cell-associated plasminogen activation catalyzed by urokinase-type plasminogen activator, but independent of urokinase receptor (uPAR, CD87),” Blood, vol. 93, no. 11, pp. 3839–3846, 1999.
- A. Redlitz, B. J. Fowler, E. F. Plow, and L. A. Miles, “The role of an enolase-related molecule in plasminogen binding to cells,” European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 227, no. 1-2, pp. 407–415, 1995.
- J. Felez, “Plasminogen binding to cell surfaces,” Fibrinolysis and Proteolysis, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 183–189, 1998.
- T. Herren, T. A. Burke, M. Jardi, J. Felez, and E. F. Plow, “Regulation of plasminogen binding to neutrophils,” Blood, vol. 97, no. 4, pp. 1070–1078, 2001.
- R. P. Warrell, H. de Thé, Z. Y. Wang, and L. Degos, “Acute promyelocytic leukemia,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 329, no. 3, pp. 177–189, 1993.
- L. Degos, “The history of acute promyelocytic leukaemia,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 539–553, 2003.
- J. S. Menell, G. M. Cesarman, A. T. Jacovina, M. A. McLaughlin, E. A. Lev, and K. A. Hajjar, “Annexin II and bleeding in acute promyelocytic leukemia,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 340, no. 13, pp. 994–1004, 1999.
- L. Devy, P. Hollender, C. Munaut et al., “Matrix and serine protease expression during leukemic cell differentiation induced by aclacinomycin and all-trans-retinoic acid,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 179–189, 2002.
- H. Tapiovaara, S. Matikainen, M. Hurme, and A. Vaheri, “Induction of differentiation of promyelocytic NB4 cells by retinoic acid is associated with rapid increase in urokinase activity subsequently downregulated by production of inhibitors,” Blood, vol. 83, no. 7, pp. 1883–1891, 1994.
- T. Barbui, G. Finazzi, and A. Falanga, “The impact of all-trans-retinoic acid on the coagulopathy of acute promyelocytic leukemia,” Blood, vol. 91, no. 9, pp. 3093–3102, 1998.
- J. Han, N. Baik, K. H. Kim et al., “Monoclonal antibodies detect receptor-induced binding sites in Glu-plasminogen,” Blood, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 1653–1662, 2011.
- L. A. Miles and E. F. Plow, “Binding and activation of plasminogen on the platelet surface,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 260, no. 7, pp. 4303–4311, 1985.
- L. A. Miles, M. H. Ginsberg, J. G. White, and E. F. Plow, “Plasminogen interacts with human platelets through two distinct mechanisms,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 2001–2009, 1986.
- L. A. Miles, C. M. Dahlberg, and E. F. Plow, “The cell-binding domains of plasminogen and their function in plasma,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 263, no. 24, pp. 11928–11934, 1988.
- J. Felez, L. A. Miles, J. Plescia, and E. F. Plow, “Regulation of plasminogen receptor expression on human monocytes and monocytoid cell lines,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 111, no. 4, pp. 1673–1683, 1990.
- J. Félez, L. A. Miles, P. Fábregas, M. Jardí, E. F. Plow, and R. H. Lijnen, “Characterization of cellular binding sites and interactive regions within reactants required for enhancement of plasminogen activation by tPA on the surface of leukocytic cells,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 577–584, 1996.
- J. M. Bennett, D. Catovsky, M. T. Daniel et al., “Proposed revised criteria for the classification of acute myeloid leukemia. A report of the French-American-British Cooperative Group,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 620–625, 1985.
- R. W. Stephens, J. Pöllänen, H. Tapiovaara et al., “Activation of pro-urokinase and plasminogen on human sarcoma cells: a proteolytic system with surface-bound reactants,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 108, no. 5, pp. 1987–1995, 1989.
- V. Ellis, N. Behrendt, and K. Danø, “Plasminogen activation by receptor-bound urokinase: a kinetic study with both cell-associated and isolated receptor,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 266, no. 19, pp. 12752–12758, 1991.
- G. M. Cesarman, C. A. Guevara, and K. A. Hajjar, “An endothelial cell receptor for plasminogen/tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA). II. Annexin II-mediated enhancement of t-PA-dependent plasminogen activation,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 269, no. 33, pp. 21198–21203, 1994.
- M. Kwon, T. J. MacLeod, Y. Zhang, and D. M. Waisman, “S100A10, annexin A2, and annexin A2 heterotetramer as candidate plasminogen receptors,” Frontiers in Bioscience, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 300–325, 2005.
- M. P. Stoppelli, C. Tacchetti, M. V. Cubellis et al., “Autocrine saturation of pro-urokinase receptors on human A431 cells,” Cell, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 675–684, 1986.
- J. Félez, M. Jardí, P. Fàbregas, R. J. Parmer, and L. A. Miles, “Monoclonal antibodies against receptor-induced binding sites detectcell-bound plasminogen in blood,” Blood, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 678–681, 2012.
- P. A. O'Connell, P. A. Madureira, J. N. Berman, R. S. Liwski, and D. M. Waisman, “Regulation of S100A10 by the PML-RAR-α oncoprotein,” Blood, vol. 117, no. 15, pp. 4095–4105, 2011.
- S. A. Olwill, H. McGlynn, W. S. Gilmore, and H. D. Alexander, “Erratum: all-trans retinoic acid-induced downregulation of annexin II expression in myeloid leukaemia cell lines is not confined to acute promyelocytic leukaemia (British Journal of Haematology (2005) 131 (258–264)),” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 132, no. 1, p. 119, 2006.
- S. A. Olwill, H. McGlynn, W. S. Gilmore, and H. D. Alexander, “Annexin II cell surface and mRNA expression in human acute myeloid leukaemia cell lines,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 115, no. 1-2, pp. 109–114, 2005.
- A. P. Surette, P. A. Madureira, K. D. Phipps, V. A. Miller, P. Svenningsson, and D. M. Waisman, “Regulation of fibrinolysis by S100A10 in vivo,” Blood, vol. 118, no. 11, pp. 3172–3181, 2011.
- P. A. Madureira, A. P. Surette, K. D. Phipps, M. A. Taboski, V. A. Miller, and D. M. Waisman, “The role of the annexin A2 heterotetramer in vascular fibrinolysis,” Blood, vol. 118, no. 18, pp. 4789–4797, 2011.
- L. A. Miles, C. M. Dahlberg, J. Plescia, J. Felez, K. Kato, and E. F. Plow, “Role of cell-surface lysines in plasminogen binding to cells: identification of α-enolase as a candidate plasminogen receptor,” Biochemistry, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1682–1691, 1991.
- B. Arza, J. Félez, R. Lopez-Alemany, L. A. Miles, and P. Muñoz-Cánoves, “Identification of an epitope of α-enolase (a candidate plasminogen receptor) by phage display,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 1097–1103, 1997.
- L. A. Miles, S. B. Hawley, N. Baik, N. M. Andronicos, F. J. Castellino, and R. J. Parmer, “Plasminogen receptors: the sine qua non of cell surface plasminogen activation,” Frontiers in Bioscience, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1754–1762, 2005.
- S. Lighvani, N. Baik, J. E. Diggs, S. Khaldoyanidi, R. J. Parmer, and L. A. Miles, “Regulation of macrophage migration by a novel plasminogen receptor Plg-R KT,” Blood, vol. 118, no. 20, pp. 5622–5630, 2011.
- H. Bai, N. Baik, W. B. Kiosses, S. Krajewski, L. A. Miles, and R. J. Parmer, “The novel plasminogen receptor, plasminogen receptor (KT) (Plg-R(KT)), regulates catecholamine release,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 286, pp. 33125–33133, 2011.
- Z. Fan, P. J. Larson, J. Bognacki et al., “Tissue factor regulates plasminogen binding and activation,” Blood, vol. 91, no. 6, pp. 1987–1998, 1998.
- E. A. Peterson, M. R. Sutherland, M. E. Nesheim, and E. L. G. Pryzdial, “Thrombin induces endothelial cell-surface exposure of the plasminogen receptor annexin 2,” Journal of Cell Science, vol. 116, no. 12, pp. 2399–2408, 2003.
- R. López-Alemany, C. Longstaff, S. Hawley et al., “Inhibition of cell surface mediated plasminogen activation by a monoclonal antibody against α-enolase,” American Journal of Hematology, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 234–242, 2003.