- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 989235, 7 pages
FGF Receptor-Mediated Gene Delivery Using Ligands Coupled to PEI-β-CyD
1Center for Translational Medicine Research and Development, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Science, Shen Zhen, Guangdong 518055, China
2Institute of Chemical Biology and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310028, China
Received 20 December 2011; Revised 9 February 2012; Accepted 14 February 2012
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2012 Yiping Hu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Li, H. Yu, H. Huang et al., “FGF receptor-mediated gene delivery using ligands coupled to polyethylenimine,” Journal of Biomaterials Applications, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 163–180, 2007.
- D. W. Pack, A. S. Hoffman, S. Pun, and P. S. Stayton, “Design and development of polymers for gene delivery,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 581–593, 2005.
- M. Lee and S. W. Kim, “Polyethylene glycol-conjugated copolymers for plasmid DNA delivery,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2005.
- R. Goyal, S. K. Tripathi, S. Tyagi et al., “Gellan gum blended PEI nanocomposites as gene delivery agents: evidences from in vitro and in vivo studies,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 3–14, 2011.
- A. Swami, R. K. Kurupati, A. Pathak, Y. Singh, P. Kumar, and K. C. Gupta, “A unique and highly efficient non-viral DNA/siRNA delivery system based on PEI-bisepoxide nanoparticles,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 362, no. 4, pp. 835–841, 2007.
- K. C. R. Bahadur and H. Uludaǧ, “A comparative evaluation of disulfide-linked and hydrophobically-modified PEI for plasmid delivery,” Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 873–892, 2011.
- O. V. Chumakova, A. V. Liopo, V. G. Andreev et al., “Composition of PLGA and PEI/DNA nanoparticles improves ultrasound-mediated gene delivery in solid tumors in vivo,” Cancer Letters, vol. 261, no. 2, pp. 215–225, 2008.
- K. Wada, H. Arima, T. Tsutsumi et al., “Improvement of gene delivery mediated by mannosylated dendrimer/α- cyclodextrin conjugates,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 397–413, 2005.
- B. Chertok, A. E. David, and V. C. Yang, “Polyethyleneimine-modified iron oxide nanoparticles for brain tumor drug delivery using magnetic targeting and intra-carotid administration,” Biomaterials, vol. 31, no. 24, pp. 6317–6324, 2010.
- M. Neu, D. Fischer, and T. Kissel, “Recent advances in rational gene transfer vector design based on poly(ethylene imine) and its derivatives,” Journal of Gene Medicine, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 992–1009, 2005.
- J. A. Fortune, T. I. Novobrantseva, and A. M. Klibanov, “Highly effective gene transfection in vivo by alkylated polyethylenimine,” Journal of Drug Delivery, vol. 20, pp. 40–58, 2011.
- F. Maruta, A. L. Parker, K. D. Fisher et al., “Identification of FGF receptor-binding peptides for cancer gene therapy,” Cancer Gene Therapy, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 543–552, 2002.
- G. P. Tang, H. Y. Guo, F. Alexis et al., “Low molecular weight polyethylenimines linked by β-cyclodextrin for gene transfer into the nervous system,” Journal of Gene Medicine, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 736–744, 2006.
- O. Boussif, F. LezoualC'H, M. A. Zanta et al., “A versatile vector for gene and oligonucleotide transfer into cells in culture and in vivo: polyethylenimine,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 92, no. 16, pp. 7297–7301, 1995.
- G. Liu, J. Xie, F. Zhang et al., “N-Alkyl-PEI-functionalized iron oxide nanoclusters for efficient siRNA delivery,” Small, vol. 7, no. 19, pp. 2742–2749, 2011.
- X. Bai, D. Miao, J. Li, D. Goltzman, and A. C. Karaplis, “Transgenic mice overexpressing human fibroblast growth factor 23 (R176Q) delineate a putative role for parathyroid hormone in renal phosphate wasting disorders,” Endocrinology, vol. 145, no. 11, pp. 5269–5279, 2004.
- L. Cai, N. Qiu, X. Li et al., “A novel truncated basic fibroblast growth factor fragment-conjugated poly (ethylene glycol)-cholesterol amphiphilic polymeric drug delivery system for targeting to the FGFR-overexpressing tumor cells,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 408, no. 1-2, pp. 173–182, 2011.
- B. Liang, M. L. He, Z. P. Xiao et al., “Synthesis and characterization of folate-PEG-grafted-hyperbranched-PEI for tumor-targeted gene delivery,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 367, no. 4, pp. 874–880, 2008.