- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 124327, 6 pages
Effect of Pupil Size on Optical Quality Parameters in Astigmatic Eyes Using a Double-Pass Instrument
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kitasato School of Medicine, 1-15-1 Kitasato, Minami, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252-0374, Japan
Received 17 April 2013; Revised 29 May 2013; Accepted 12 June 2013
Academic Editor: David Maintz
Copyright © 2013 Hidenaga Kobashi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. A. Read, M. J. Collins, and L. G. Carney, “A review of astigmatism and its possible genesis: invited review,” Clinical and Experimental Optometry, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 5–19, 2007.
- T. Ferrer-Blasco, R. Montés-Micó, S. C. Peixoto-de-Matos, J. M. González-Méijome, and A. Cerviño, “Prevalence of corneal astigmatism before cataract surgery,” Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, vol. 3, pp. 70–75, 2009.
- P. C. Hoffmann and W. W. Hütz, “Analysis of biometry and prevalence data for corneal astigmatism in 23 239 eyes,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 1479–1485, 2010.
- J. L. Güell, J. Pujol, M. Arjona, F. Diaz-Douton, and P. Artal, “Optical Quality Analysis System: instrument for objective clinical evaluation of ocular optical quality,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1598–1599, 2004.
- M. Vilaseca, A. Padilla, J. Pujol, J. C. Ondategui, P. Artal, and J. L. Güell, “Optical quality one month after Verisyse and Veriflex phakic IOL implantation and Zeiss MEL 80 LASIK for myopia from 5.00 to 16.50 diopters,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 689–698, 2009.
- A. Saad, M. Saab, and D. Gatinel, “Repeatability of measurements with a double-pass system,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 28–33, 2010.
- M. Vilaseca, E. Peris, J. Pujol, R. Borras, and M. Arjona, “Intra- and intersession repeatability of a double-pass instrument,” Optometry and Vision Science, vol. 87, pp. 675–681, 2010.
- K. Kamiya, H. Kobashi, K. Shimizu, T. Kawamorita, and H. Uozato, “Effect of pupil size on uncorrected visual acuity in astigmatic eyes,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 267–270, 2012.
- P. M. Allen, H. Radhakrishnan, and D. J. O'Leary, “Repeatability and validity of the PowerRefractor and the Nidek AR600-A in an adult population with healthy eyes,” Optometry and Vision Science, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 245–251, 2003.
- R. Navarro, P. Artal, and D. R. Williams, “Modulation transfer of the human eye as a function of retinal eccentricity,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 201–212, 1993.
- J. M. Bland and D. G. Altman, “Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 8476, pp. 307–310, 1986.
- D. E. Mitchell and F. Wilkinson, “The effect of early astigmatism on the visual resolution of gratings,” Journal of Physiology, vol. 243, no. 3, pp. 739–756, 1974.
- J. Pujol, M. Arjona, J. Arasa, and V. Badia, “Influence of amount and changes in axis of astigmatism on retinal image quality,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2514–2521, 1998.
- D. A. Atchison, G. Smith, and N. Efron, “The effect of pupil size on visual acuity in uncorrected and corrected myopia,” American Journal of Optometry and Physiological Optics, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 315–323, 1979.
- P. Artal and R. Navarro, “Monochromatic modulation transfer function of the human eye for different pupil diameters: an analytical expression,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 246–249, 1994.
- J. M. Artigas, J. L. Menezo, C. Peris, A. Felipe, and M. Díaz-Llopis, “Image quality with multifocal intraocular lenses and the effect of pupil size. Comparison of refractive and hybrid refractive-diffractive designs,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 2111–2117, 2007.