- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 126923, 7 pages
Preparation, Characterization, and Determination of Immunological Activities of Transfer Factor Specific to Human Sperm Antigen
1Clinical Laboratory, The Affiliated Hospital of Jining Medical College, Shandong, Jining 272029, China
2Department of Immunology, Zunyi Medical College, Guizhou, Zunyi 563003, China
3Medical Reproduction Centre, The Affiliated Hospital of Jining Medical College, Shandong, Jining 272029, China
Received 16 August 2012; Revised 22 October 2012; Accepted 7 November 2012
Academic Editor: Andre Van Wijnen
Copyright © 2013 Jianwei Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Q.-Y. Zhu, X.-J. Gu, J. Yang, J.-H. Wang, B. Tang, and H.-F. Wu, “Purification and characterization of biologically active recombinant human Eppin expressed in Escherichia coli,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 121, no. 7, pp. 620–624, 2008.
- C. E. Hoesl, F. Saad, M. Pöppel, and J. E. Altwein, “Reversible, non-barrier male contraception: status and prospects,” European Urology, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 712–723, 2005.
- B. E. Kurth, L. Digilio, P. Snow et al., “Immunogenicity of a multi-component recombinant human acrosomal protein vaccine in female Macaca fascicularis,” Journal of Reproductive Immunology, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 126–141, 2008.
- R. K. Naz, “Immunocontraceptive effect of Izumo and enhancement by combination vaccination,” Molecular Reproduction and Development, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 336–344, 2008.
- M. G. O'Rand, E. E. Widgren, Z. Wang, and R. T. Richardson, “Eppin: an epididymal protease inhibitor and a target for male contraception,” Society of Reproduction and Fertility Supplement, vol. 63, pp. 445–453, 2007.
- Z. Wang, E. E. Widgren, R. T. Richardson, and M. G. O'Rand, “Characterization of an eppin protein complex from human semen and spermatozoa,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 476–484, 2007.
- G. Pizza, D. Viza, C. De Vinci et al., “Orally administered HSV-specific transfer factor (TF) prevents genital or labial herpes relapses,” Biotherapy, vol. 9, no. 1–3, pp. 67–72, 1996.
- J. Neequaye, D. Viza, G. Pizza, P. H. Levine, C. De Vinci, and D. V. Ablashi, “Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-specific transfer factor,” Anticancer Research, vol. 10, pp. 1183–1187, 1990.
- T. A. Liubchenko, O. H. Holeva, L. S. Kholodna, V. A. Stepanchuk, and A. I. Vershyhora, “Human specific transfer factor to Staphylococcus aureus antigens,” Fiziolohichnyĭ Zhurnal, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 25–32, 1997 (Ukrainian).
- B. Pineda, S. Estrada-Parra, B. Pedraza-Medina, A. Rodriguez-Ropon, R. Pérez, and O. Arrieta, “Interstitial transfer factor as adjuvant immunotherapy for experimental glioma,” Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 575–583, 2005.
- G. Pizza, F. Chiodo, V. Colangeli et al., “Preliminary observations using HTV-specific transfer factor in AIDS,” Biotherapy, vol. 9, no. 1–3, pp. 41–47, 1996.
- S. Estrada-Parra, A. Nagaya, E. Serrano et al., “Comparative study of transfer factor and acyclovir in the treatment of herpes zoster,” International Journal of Immunopharmacology, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 521–535, 1998.
- M. Masi, C. De Vinci, and O. R. Baricordi, “Transfer factor in chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis,” Biotherapy, vol. 9, no. 1–3, pp. 97–103, 1996.
- T. T. Orozco, M. O. Solano, G. F. Sandoval, J. G. Vera, and S. E. Parra, “Inflammatory cells in patients with atopic dermatitis after treatment with transfer factor,” Revista Alergia Mexico, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 151–154, 2004.
- J. Zhou, J. Luo, W. Sun, X. Tang, and N. Qin, “The preparation a specific trasfer factor of paratyphoid A with two methods of in vivo and in vitro,” Jiangsu Medical Journal, vol. 35, pp. 686–688, 2009.
- J. W. Zhou, J. M. Luo, W. B. Sun, R. Ma, and D. Tian, “Preparation and standardization of paratyphi a specific transfer factor,” Journal of Xi'An Jiaotong University, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 637–639, 2010.
- J. Zhou and J. Luo, “Current research status and clinical application of specific transfer factor,” International Journal of Biologicals, vol. 32, pp. 97–100, 2009.
- H. Liu, R. Zhang, Y. Wu, Y. Wang, and H. Che, “Determination of free amino acids in transfer factor capsules by pre-column derivatization with RP-HPLC,” Chinese Journal of Biochemical Pharmaceutics, vol. 28, pp. 233–235, 2007 (Chinese).
- G. Wang, C. Zhao, L. Wang, and P. Zhang, “Basic research on physicochemical properties of three transfer factors,” Journal of Jilin University, vol. 16, pp. 432–435, 1990.
- C. H. Kirkpatrick, “Transfer factors: identification of conserved sequences in transfer factor molecules,” Molecular Medicine, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 332–341, 2000 (Chinese).
- H. S. Lawrence, Transfer Factor in Cellular Immunity, vol. 68 of Harvey lecture series, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- L. Xiao, F. Xia, and S. W. Liu, “Effect of different concentration TFtb on lymphocyte proliferation,” Chinese Journal of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, vol. 20, pp. 241–242, 2004.
- C. H. Kirkpatrick, S. J. Rozzo, J. J. Mascali, and C. F. Merryman, “Murine transfer factor. II. Transfer of delayed hypersensitivity to synthetic antigens,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 134, no. 3, pp. 1723–1727, 1985.
- B. Rummer and L. G. Foster, Immune Regulators in Transfer Factor, vol. 27, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- T. Fujisawa, S. Sasakawa, Y. Likura, F. Komatsu, and Y. Yamaguchi, Recent Advances in Transfer Factor and Dialyzable Leucocyte Extracts, Maruzen Press, Tokyo, Japan, 1991.
- C. H. Kirkpatrick, J. W. Chandler, and R. N. Schimke, “Chronic mucocutaneous moniliasis with impaired delayed hypersensitivity,” Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 375–385, 1970.
- M. Batten, N. Ramamoorthi, N. M. Kljavin et al., “IL-27 supports germinal center function by enhancing IL-21 production and the function of T follicular helper cells,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 207, no. 13, pp. 2895–2906, 2010.
- D. Eto, C. Lao, D. DiToro et al., “IL-21 and IL-6 are critical for different aspects of B cell immunity and redundantly induce optimal follicular helper CD4 T cell (Tfh) differentiation,” PLoS One, vol. 6, no. 3, Article ID e17739, 2011.