- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 135608, 8 pages
Angiopoietin-Like 3 Induces Podocyte F-Actin Rearrangement through Integrin /FAK/PI3K Pathway-Mediated Rac1 Activation
1Department of Nephrology and Rheumatism, Children's Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai 201102, China
2Department of Pediatrics, Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Qingdao University, Shandong 266003, China
3Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Received 4 July 2013; Revised 18 September 2013; Accepted 26 September 2013
Academic Editor: Steven N. Hochwald
Copyright © 2013 Yi Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Yamagata, K. Ishida, T. Sairenchi et al., “Risk factors for chronic kidney disease in a community-based population: a 10-year follow-up study,” Kidney International, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 159–166, 2007.
- C.-K. Chiang and R. Inagi, “Glomerular diseases: genetic causes and future therapeutics,” Nature Reviews Nephrology, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 539–554, 2010.
- P. Garg, R. Verma, and L. B. Holzman, “Slit diaphragm junctional complex and regulation of the cytoskeleton,” Nephron Experimental Nephrology, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. e67–e72, 2007.
- G. I. Welsh and M. A. Saleem, “The podocyte cytoskeleton-key to a functioning glomerulus in health and disease,” Nature Reviews Nephrology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 14–21, 2012.
- C. Faul, K. Asanuma, E. Yanagida-Asanuma, K. Kim, and P. Mundel, “Actin up: regulation of podocyte structure and function by components of the actin cytoskeleton,” Trends in Cell Biology, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 428–437, 2007.
- S. M. Blattner and M. Kretzler, “Integrin-linked kinase in renal disease: connecting cell-matrix interaction to the cytoskeleton,” Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 404–410, 2005.
- A. B. Jaffe and A. Hall, “Rho GTPases: biochemistry and biology,” Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology, vol. 21, pp. 247–269, 2005.
- D. Conklin, D. Gilbertson, D. W. Taft et al., “Identification of a mammalian angiopoietin-related protein expressed specifically in liver,” Genomics, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 477–482, 1999.
- R. Koishi, Y. Ando, M. Ono et al., “ANGPTL3 regulates lipid metabolism in mice,” Nature Genetics, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 151–157, 2002.
- H. Ge, J.-Y. Cha, H. Gopal et al., “Differential regulation and properties of angiopoietin-like proteins 3 and 4,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 1484–1490, 2005.
- L. C. Clement, C. Avila-Casado, C. Macé et al., “Podocyte-secreted angiopoietin-like-4 mediates proteinuria in glucocorticoid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome,” Nature Medicine, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 117–122, 2011.
- R. Jia, X. Hong, S. Li, Z. Zhong-hua, and Z. Xiu-rong, “Expression of ANGPTL3 in children with primary nephrotic syndrome,” Chinese Journal of Nephrology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 286–290, 2006.
- W. Jian-Wen, X. Hong, Z. Xiao-Qing, Z. Xiao-Yan, and W. Ying, “Expression of ANGPTL3 mRNA in kidney of adriamycin-induced nephrotic rats,” Chinese Journal of Nephrology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 37–42, 2006.
- R. Jia, X. Hong, S. Li, Y. Haichun, and H. Chuanming, “Expression of angiopoietin-Like 3 associated with puromycin-induced podocyte damage,” Nephron Experimental Nephrology, vol. 115, no. 3, pp. e38–e45, 2010.
- X. Gao, H. Xu, H. Liu, J. Rao, Y. Li, and X. Zha, “Angiopoietin-like protein 3 regulates the motility and permeability of podocytes by altering nephrin expression in vitro,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 399, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 2010.
- S. J. Shankland, J. W. Pippin, J. Reiser, and P. Mundel, “Podocytes in culture: past, present, and future,” Kidney International, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 26–36, 2007.
- C. Wei, S. El Hindi, J. Li et al., “Circulating urokinase receptor as a cause of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis,” Nature Medicine, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 952–960, 2011.
- J. V. Small, T. Stradal, E. Vignal, and K. Rottner, “The lamellipodium: where motility begins,” Trends in Cell Biology, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 112–120, 2002.
- Y. Gao, J. B. Dickerson, F. Guo, J. Zheng, and Y. Zheng, “Rational design and characterization of a Rac GTPase-specific small molecule inhibitor,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 20, pp. 7618–7623, 2004.
- O. Attias, R. Jiang, L. Aoudjit, et al., “Rac1 contributes to actin organization in glomerular podocytes,” Nephron Experimental Nephrology, vol. 114, no. 3, pp. e93–e106, 2010.
- G. Camenisch, M. T. Pisabarro, D. Sherman et al., “ANGPTL3 stimulates endothelial cell adhesion and migration via integrin αVβ3 and induces blood vessel formation in vivo,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 277, no. 19, pp. 17281–17290, 2002.
- K. Kanasaki, Y. Kanda, K. Palmsten et al., “Integrin β1-mediated matrix assembly and signaling are critical for the normal development and function of the kidney glomerulus,” Developmental Biology, vol. 313, no. 2, pp. 584–593, 2008.
- H. Ma, A. Togawa, K. Soda et al., “Inhibition of podocyte FAK protects against proteinuria and foot process effacement,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 1145–1156, 2010.
- S. N. Hochwald, C. Nyberg, M. Zheng et al., “A novel small molecule inhibitor of FAK decreases growth of human pancreatic cancer,” Cell Cycle, vol. 8, no. 15, pp. 2435–2443, 2009.
- Y.-A. Choi, H.-K. Lim, J.-R. Kim et al., “Group IB secretory phospholipase A2 promotes matrix metalloproteinase-2-mediated cell migration via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Akt pathway,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 279, no. 35, pp. 36579–36585, 2004.
- S.-H. Kim, Y.-W. Jang, P. Hwang, H.-J. Kim, G.-Y. Han, and C.-W. Kim, “The reno-protective effect of a phosphoinositide 3-kinase inhibitor wortmannin on streptozotocin-induced proteinuric renal disease rats,” Experimental and Molecular Medicine, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 45–51, 2012.