- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 138785, 6 pages
Association Study of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in XRCC1 Gene with Risk of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Chinese Han Population
Department of Oncology, General Hospital of Jinan Military Region, Jinan, Shangdong 250031, China
Received 15 May 2013; Accepted 6 July 2013
Academic Editor: Chun-Ming Wong
Copyright © 2013 Jingwang Bi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. M. Parkin, F. Bray, J. Ferlay, and P. Pisani, “Global cancer statistics, 2002,” CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 74–108, 2005.
- J. M. Llovet, A. Burroughs, and J. Bruix, “Hepatocellular carcinoma,” The Lancet, vol. 362, no. 9399, pp. 1907–1917, 2003.
- S. Parikh and D. Hyman, “Hepatocellular cancer: a guide for the internist,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 194–202, 2007.
- K. Schütte, J. Bornschein, and P. Malfertheiner, “Hepatocellular carcinoma—epidemiological trends and risk factors,” Digestive Diseases, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 80–92, 2009.
- J.-G. Chen, S.-W. Zhang, and W.-Q. Chen, “Analysis of liver cancer mortality in the national retrospective sampling survey of death causes in China, 2004-2005,” Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 383–389, 2010.
- X. Zeng, S. Liu, H. Yu et al., “DNA repair capacity, DNA-strand break repair gene polymorphisms, and the incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in southwestern Guangxi of China,” DNA and Cell Biology, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 1384–1391, 2012.
- P. A. Farazi and R. A. DePinho, “Hepatocellular carcinoma pathogenesis: from genes to environment,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 674–687, 2006.
- A. Suriawinata and R. Xu, “An update on the molecular genetics of hepatocellular carcinoma,” Seminars in Liver Disease, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 77–88, 2004.
- F. X. Bosch, J. Ribes, M. Díaz, and R. Cléries, “Primary liver cancer: worldwide incidence and trends,” Gastroenterology, vol. 127, no. 5, supplement 1, pp. S5–S16, 2004.
- A. I. Gomaa, S. A. Khan, M. B. Toledano, I. Waked, and S. D. Taylor-Robinson, “Hepatocellular carcinoma: epidemiology, risk factors and pathogenesis,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 14, no. 27, pp. 4300–4308, 2008.
- J.-C. Nault and J. Zucman-Rossi, “Genetics of hepatobiliary carcinogenesis,” Seminars in Liver Disease, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 173–187, 2011.
- S. S. Thorgeirsson and J. W. Grisham, “Molecular pathogenesis of human hepatocellular carcinoma,” Nature Genetics, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 339–346, 2002.
- A. R. B. Rossit, I. R. Cabral, C. Hackel, R. da Silva, N. D. Froes, and S. Z. Abdel-Rahman, “Polymorphisms in the DNA repair gene XRCC1 and susceptibility to alcoholic liver cirrhosis in older Southeastern Brazilians,” Cancer Letters, vol. 180, no. 2, pp. 173–182, 2002.
- M.-W. Yu, S.-Y. Yang, I.-J. Pan et al., “Polymorphisms in XRCC1 and glutathione S-transferase genes and hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinoma,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 95, no. 19, pp. 1485–1488, 2003.
- M. Kiran, Y. K. Chawla, M. Jain, and J. Kaur, “Haplotypes of microsomal epoxide hydrolase and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 genes in indian hepatocellular carcinoma patients,” DNA and Cell Biology, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 573–577, 2009.
- M. Kiran, R. Saxena, Y. K. Chawla, and J. Kaur, “Polymorphism of DNA repair gene XRCC1 and hepatitis-related hepatocellular carcinoma risk in Indian population,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 327, no. 1-2, pp. 7–13, 2009.
- H. Z. Pan, J. Liang, Z. Yu, L. M. Lun, H. Li, and Q. Wang, “Polymorphism of DNA repair gene XRCC1 and hepatocellular carcinoma risk in Chinese population,” The Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 12, pp. 2947–2950, 2011.
- Q. W. Li, C. R. Lu, M. Ye, W. H. Xiao, and J. Liang, “Evaluation of DNA repair gene XRCC1 polymorphism in prediction and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma risk,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 191–194, 2012.
- X. Han, Q. Xing, Y. Li et al., “Study on the DNA repair gene XRCC1 and XRCC3 polymorphism in prediction and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma risk,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 59, no. 119, pp. 2285–2289, 2012.
- X. D. Long, Y. Ma, H. D. Hong, J. G. Yao, D. Y. Qu, and Y. L. Lu, “Polymorphism of XRCC1 and the frequency of mutation in codon 249 of the p53 gene in hepatocellular carcinoma among Guangxi population, China,” Molecular Carcinogenesis, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 295–300, 2008.
- F. Liu, B. Li, Y. Wei et al., “XRCC1 genetic polymorphism Arg399Gln and hepatocellular carcinoma risk: a meta-analysis,” Liver International, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 802–809, 2011.
- P. Borentain, V. Gérolami, P. Ananian et al., “DNA-repair and carcinogen-metabolising enzymes genetic polymorphisms as an independent risk factor for hepatocellular carcinoma in Caucasian liver-transplanted patients,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 43, no. 17, pp. 2479–2486, 2007.
- X. D. Long, Y. Ma, Y. P. Wei, and Z. L. Deng, “The polymorphisms of GSTM1, GSTT1, HYL1*2, and XRCC1, and aflatoxin B1-related hepatocellular carcinoma in Guangxi population, China,” Hepatology Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 48–55, 2006.
- C.-C. Chen, S.-Y. Yang, C.-J. Liu et al., “Association of cytokine and DNA repair gene polymorphisms with hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinoma,” International Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1310–1318, 2005.
- G. D. Kirk, P. C. Turner, Y. Gong et al., “Hepatocellular carcinoma and polymorphisms in carcinogen-metabolizing and DNA repair enzymes in a population with aflatoxin exposure and hepatitis B virus endemicity,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 373–379, 2005.
- A. K. Daly, V. M. Steen, K. S. Fairbrother, and J. R. Idle, “CYP2D6 multiallelism,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 272, pp. 199–210, 1996.
- A. Haliassos, J. C. Chomel, L. Tesson et al., “Modification of enzymatically amplified DNA for the detection of point mutations,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 17, no. 9, p. 3606, 1989.
- Z. R. Yuan, J. Li, J. Y. Li, X. Gao, and S. Z. Xu, “SNPs identification and its correlation analysis with milk somatic cell score in bovine MBL1 gene,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 40, pp. 7–12, 2013.
- Z. R. Yuan, J. Y. Li, J. Li et al., “Investigation on BRCA1 SNPs and its effects on mastitis in Chinese commercial cattle,” Gene, vol. 505, pp. 190–194, 2012.
- Z. R. Yuan, J. Y. Li, J. Li, X. Gao, and S. Z. Xu, “Effects of DGAT1 gene on meat and carcass fatness quality in Chinese commercial cattle,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 40, pp. 1947–1954, 2013.
- C. J. Zhao, N. Li, and X. M. Deng, “The establishment of method for identifying SNP genotype by CRS-PCR,” Yi Chuan, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 327–329, 2003.
- H. B. El-Serag and K. L. Rudolph, “Hepatocellular carcinoma: epidemiology and molecular carcinogenesis,” Gastroenterology, vol. 132, no. 7, pp. 2557–2576, 2007.
- D. N. Amarapurkar, N. D. Patel, and P. M. Kamani, “Impact of diabetes mellitus on outcome of HCC,” Annals of Hepatology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 148–151, 2008.
- J. A. Marrero, R. J. Fontana, S. Fu, H. S. Conjeevaram, G. L. Su, and A. S. Lok, “Alcohol, tobacco and obesity are synergistic risk factors for hepatocellular carcinoma,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 218–224, 2005.