- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 140237, 11 pages
Enzyme Reaction Annotation Using Cloud Techniques
1Department of Computer Sciences, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
2Department of Computer Sciences and Information Engineering, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
3Department of Applied Chemistry, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
4Department of Computer Sciences and Information Engineering, Providence University, Taichung 433, Taiwan
Received 7 December 2012; Revised 12 July 2013; Accepted 19 July 2013
Academic Editor: Ching-Hsien (Robert) Hsu
Copyright © 2013 Chuan-Ching Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Garrett and C. M. Grisham, Biochemistry, Thomson Brooks/Cole, Belmont, California, USA, 3rd edition, 2005.
- “Enzymes in industrial applications: global markets,” BBC Research BIO030F, 2011.
- International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nomenclature Committee, and E. C. Webb, Enzyme Nomenclature 1992: Recommendations of the Nomenclature Committee of the International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology on the Nomenclature and Classification of Enzymes, International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology by Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1992.
- C. Claudel-Renard, C. Chevalet, T. Faraut, and D. Kahn, “Enzyme-specific profiles for genome annotation: PRIAM,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 31, no. 22, pp. 6633–6639, 2003.
- C. Yu, N. Zavaljevski, V. Desai, and J. Reifman, “Genome-wide enzyme annotation with precision control: catalytic families (CatFam) databases,” Proteins, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 449–460, 2009.
- S. Quester and D. Schomburg, “EnzymeDetector: an integrated enzyme function prediction tool and database,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 12, article 376, 2011.
- M. Scheer, A. Grote, A. Chang et al., “BRENDA, the enzyme information system in 2011,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. D670–D676, 2011.
- W. Tian, A. K. Arakaki, and J. Skolnick, “EFICAz: a comprehensive approach for accurate genome-scale enzyme function inference,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 32, no. 21, pp. 6226–6239, 2004.
- M. Kotera, Y. Okuno, M. Hattori, S. Goto, and M. Kanehisa, “Computational assignment of the EC numbers for genomic-scale analysis of enzymatic reactions,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 50, pp. 16487–16498, 2004.
- Q. Zhang and J. Aires-De-Sousa, “Structure-based classification of chemical reactions without assignment of reaction centers,” Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1775–1783, 2005.
- D. A. R. S. Latino, Q. Zhang, and J. Aires-de-Sousa, “Genome-scale classification of metabolic reactions and assignment of EC numbers with self-organizing maps,” Bioinformatics, vol. 24, no. 19, pp. 2236–2244, 2008.
- Y. Yamanishi, M. Hattori, M. Kotera, S. Goto, and M. Kanehisa, “E-zyme: predicting potential EC numbers from the chemical transformation pattern of substrate-product pairs,” Bioinformatics, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. i179–i186, 2009.
- S. Chiu, C. Chen, G. Yuan, and T. Lin, “Association algorithm to mine the rules that govern enzyme definition and to classify protein sequences,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 7, article 304, 2006.
- E. Kretschmann, W. Fleischmann, and R. Apweiler, “Automatic rule generation for protein annotation with the C4.5 data mining algorithm applied on SWISS-PROT,” Bioinformatics, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 920–926, 2001.
- K. Chou and Y. Cai, “Using functional domain composition and support vector machines for prediction of protein subcellular location,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 277, no. 48, pp. 45765–45769, 2002.
- Y. Fujiwara and M. Asogawa, “Protein function prediction using hidden Markov models and neural networks,” NEC Research and Development, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 238–241, 2002.
- S. Pasek, A. Bergeron, J. Risler, A. Louis, E. Ollivier, and M. Raffinot, “Identification of genomic features using microsyntenies of domains: domain teams,” Genome Research, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 867–874, 2005.
- K. Forslund and E. L. L. Sonnhammer, “Predicting protein function from domain content,” Bioinformatics, vol. 24, no. 15, pp. 1681–1687, 2008.
- T. Koestler, A. von Haeseler, and I. Ebersberger, “FACT: Functional annotation transfer between proteins with similar feature architectures,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 11, article 417, 2010.
- D. R. Bandura, V. I. Baranov, O. I. Ornatsky et al., “Mass cytometry: technique for real time single cell multitarget immunoassay based on inductively coupled plasma time-of-flight mass spectrometry,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 81, no. 16, pp. 6813–6822, 2009.
- E. E. Schadt, M. D. Linderman, J. Sorenson, L. Lee, and G. P. Nolan, “Computational solutions to large-scale data management and analysis,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 647–657, 2010.
- J. Ekanayake, T. Gunarathne, and J. Qiu, “Cloud technologies for bioinformatics applications,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 998–1011, 2011.
- L. Holm and C. Sander, “Parser for protein folding units,” Proteins, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 256–268, 1994.
- M. Magrane and U. Consortium, “UniProt Knowledgebase: a hub of integrated protein data,” Databass, vol. 2011, article bar009, 2011.
- R. Apweiler, T. K. Attwood, A. Bairoch et al., “The InterPro database, an integrated documentation resource for protein families, domains and functional sites,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 37–40, 2001.
- J. Gough, K. Karplus, R. Hughey, and C. Chothia, “Assignment of homology to genome sequences using a library of hidden Markov models that represent all proteins of known structure,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 313, no. 4, pp. 903–919, 2001.
- R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, “Fast algorithms for mining association rules in large databases,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, pp. 487–499, 1994.
- “The Association Rules Package of CPAN,” http://search.cpan.org/dist/Data-Mining-AssociationRules/lib/Data/Mining/AssociationRules.pm.