- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 143202, 7 pages
Clinicopathological Impact of ABCC1/MRP1 and ABCC4/MRP4 in Epithelial Ovarian Carcinoma
1Fondazione IRCSS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
2Department of Pathology, S. Chiara Hospital, Largo Medaglie Oro 9, 38122 Trento, Italy
Received 21 January 2013; Accepted 24 July 2013
Academic Editor: Manoor Prakash Hande
Copyright © 2013 Marina Bagnoli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Guarneri, F. Piacentini, E. Barbieri, and P. F. Conte, “Achievements and unmet needs in the management of advanced ovarian cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 152–158, 2010.
- S. Vaughan, J. I. Coward, R. C. Bast Jr. et al., “Rethinking ovarian cancer: recommendations for improving outcomes,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 719–725, 2011.
- R. C. Bast Jr., B. Hennessy, and G. B. Mills, “The biology of ovarian cancer: new opportunities for translation,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 415–428, 2009.
- F. Muggia, “Platinum compounds 30 years after the introduction of cisplatin: implications for the treatment of ovarian cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 275–281, 2009.
- J.-P. Gillet, T. Efferth, and J. Remacle, “Chemotherapy-induced resistance by ATP-binding cassette transporter genes,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1775, no. 2, pp. 237–262, 2007.
- M. M. Gottesman, T. Fojo, and S. E. Bates, “Multidrug resistance in cancer: role of ATP-dependent transporters,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 48–58, 2002.
- P. Borst, R. Evers, M. Kool, and J. Wijnholds, “A family of drug transporters: the multidrug resistance-associated proteins,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 92, no. 16, pp. 1295–1302, 2000.
- J. I. Fletcher, M. Haber, M. J. Henderson, and M. D. Norris, “ABC transporters in cancer: more than just drug efflux pumps,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 147–156, 2010.
- G. L. Beretta, V. Benedetti, G. Cossa et al., “Increased levels and defective glycosylation of MRPs in ovarian carcinoma cells resistant to oxaliplatin,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 1108–1117, 2010.
- G. D. Leonard, T. Fojo, and S. E. Bates, “The role of ABC transporters in clinical practice,” Oncologist, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 411–424, 2003.
- Y. Sassi, Y. Hara, A.-M. Lompré, and J.-S. Hulot, “Multi-drug resistance protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) and cyclic nucleotides signaling pathways,” Cell Cycle, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 962–963, 2009.
- D. Aldovini, F. Demichelis, C. Doglioni et al., “M-CAM expression as marker of poor prognosis in epithelial ovarian cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 119, no. 8, pp. 1920–1926, 2006.
- M. L. Berman, “Future directions in the surgical management of ovarian cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. S33–S39, 2003.
- A. B. Miller, B. Hoogstraten, M. Staquet, and A. Winkler, “Reporting results of cancer treatment,” Cancer, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 207–214, 1981.
- G. Bertolini, L. Roz, P. Perego et al., “Highly tumorigenic lung cancer CD133+ cells display stem-like features and are spared by cisplatin treatment,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 106, no. 38, pp. 16281–16286, 2009.
- A. Aguilar-Mahecha, S. Hassan, C. Ferrario, and M. Basik, “Microarrays as validation strategies in clinical samples: tissue and protein microarrays,” OMICS, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 311–326, 2006.
- M. D. Norris, J. Smith, K. Tanabe et al., “Expression of multidrug transporter MRP4/ABCC4 is a marker of poor prognosis in neuroblastoma and confers resistance to irinotecan in vitro,” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 547–553, 2005.
- M. Haber, J. Smith, S. B. Bordow et al., “Association of high-level MRP1 expression with poor clinical outcome in a large prospective study of primary neuroblastoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 1546–1553, 2006.
- P. Harter, F. Hilpert, S. Mahner, F. Heitz, J. Pfisterer, and A. D. Bois, “Systemic therapy in recurrent ovarian cancer: current treatment options and new drugs,” Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 81–88, 2010.
- A. Faggad, S. Darb-Esfahani, R. Wirtz et al., “Expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 in invasive ovarian carcinoma: implication for prognosis,” Histopathology, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 657–666, 2009.
- S. Vander Borght, M. Komuta, L. Libbrecht et al., “Expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 in hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with a more aggressive tumour phenotype and may reflect a progenitor cell origin,” Liver International, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1370–1380, 2008.
- L. Gatti, G. L. Beretta, G. Cossa, F. Zunino, and P. Perego, “ABC transporters as potential targets for modulation of drug resistance,” Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1102–1112, 2009.