- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 145427, 10 pages
Comparison of 99mTc-N-DBODC5 and 99mTc-MIBI of Myocardial Perfusion Imaging for Diagnosis of Coronary Artery Disease
Department of Nuclear Medicine, First Affiliated Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, 85 Jiefang South Road, Taiyuan, Shanxi 030001, China
Received 20 April 2013; Accepted 20 May 2013
Academic Editor: Hong Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Haiyan Ma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- National Hospital Discharge Survey, National Health Statistics Report, no. 5, 2006.
- J. He, D. Gu, X. Wu et al., “Major causes of death among men and women in China,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 353, no. 11, pp. 1124–1134, 2005.
- M. D. Cerqueira, N. J. Weissman, V. Dilsizian et al., “Standardized myocardial sementation and nomenclature for tomographic imaging of the heart: a statement for healthcare professionals from the Cardiac Imaging Committee of the Council on Clinical Cardiology of the American Heart Association,” Circulation, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 539–542, 2002.
- R. J. Gibbons, J. Abrams, K. Chatterjee et al., “ACC/AHA 2002 guideline update for the management of patients with chronic stable angina—summary article: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Committee on the Management of Patients With Chronic Stable Angina),” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 159–168, 2003.
- W. Wijns, P. Kolh, N. Danchin, et al., “Guidelines on myocardial revascularization,” European Heart Journal, vol. 31, pp. 2501–2555, 2010.
- J. M. Jensen, K. A. Øvrehus, L. H. Nielsen, J. K. Jensen, H. M. Larsen, and B. L. Nørgaard, “Paradigm of pretest risk stratification before coronary computed tomography,” Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 386–391, 2009.
- N. R. Mollet, F. Cademartiri, C. Van Mieghem et al., “Adjunctive value of CT coronary angiography in the diagnostic work-up of patients with typical angina pectoris,” European Heart Journal, vol. 28, no. 15, pp. 1872–1878, 2007.
- R. G. E. J. Groutars, J. F. Verzijlbergen, M. M. C. Tiel-Van Buul et al., “The accuracy of 1-day dual-isotope myocardial SPECT in a population with high prevalence of coronary artery disease,” International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 229–238, 2003.
- M. R. Patel, E. D. Peterson, D. Dai et al., “Low diagnostic yield of elective coronary angiography,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 362, no. 10, pp. 886–895, 2010.
- “Pharmacologic stress testing,” in Nuclear Cardiac Imaging Priniciples and Applications, A. E. Iskandrian and E. V. Garcia, Eds., pp. 293–315, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2008.
- R. R. Russell III and B. L. Zaret, “Nuclear cardiology: present and future,” Current Problems in Cardiology, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 557–629, 2006.
- G. Germano, H. Kiat, P. B. Kavanagh et al., “Automatic quantification of ejection fraction from gated myocardial perfusion SPECT,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 2138–2147, 1995.
- S. R. Underwood, C. Anagnostopoulos, M. Cerqueira, et al., “Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy: the evidence,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 31, pp. 261–291, 2004.
- J. Heo and A. S. Iskandrian, “Technetium-labeled myocardial perfusion agents,” Cardiology Clinics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 187–198, 1994.
- B. L. Zaret, P. Rigo, F. J. T. Wackers et al., “Myocardial perfusion imaging with 99mTc tetrofosmin: comparison to 201Tl imaging and coronary angiography in a phase III multicenter trial,” Circulation, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 313–319, 1995.
- J. J. Mahmarian and M. S. Verani, “Exercise thallium-201 perfusion scintigraphy in the assessment of coronary artery disease,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 67, no. 14, pp. 2D–11D, 1991.
- D. D. Miller, L. T. Younis, B. R. Chaitman, and H. Stratmann, “Diagnostic accuracy of dipyridamole technetium 99m-labeled sestamibi myocardial tomography for detection of coronary artery disease,” Journal of Nuclear Cardiology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 18–24, 1997.
- Z. He, A. S. Iskandrian, N. C. Gupta, and M. S. Verani, “Assessing coronary artery disease with dipyridamole technetium-99m-tetrofosmin SPECT: a multicenter trial,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 44–48, 1997.
- A. Boschi, C. Bolzati, L. Uccelli et al., “A class of asymmetrical nitrido 99mTc heterocomplexes as heart imaging agents with improved biological properties,” Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 689–693, 2002.
- A. Boschi, L. Uccelli, C. Bolzati et al., “Synthesis and biologic evaluation of monocationic asymmetric 99mTc-nitride heterocomplexes showing high heart uptake and improved imaging properties,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 806–814, 2003.
- C. Bolzati, M. Cavazza-Ceccato, S. Agostini, S. Tokunaga, D. Casara, and G. Bandoli, “Subcellular distribution and metabolism studies of the potential myocardial imaging agent [99mTc(N)(DBODC)(PNP5)]+,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1336–1344, 2008.
- C. Cittanti, L. Uccelli, M. Pasquali et al., “Whole-body biodistribution and radiation dosimetry of the new cardiac tracer 99mTc-N-DBODC,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1299–1304, 2008.
- K. Hatada, L. M. Riou, M. Ruiz et al., “99mTc-N-DBODC5, a new myocardial perfusion imaging agent with rapid liver clearance: comparison with 99mTc-sestamibi and 99mTc-tetrofosmin in rats,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 2095–2101, 2004.
- T. Takeda, J. Wu, and T. T. Lwin, “99mTc-N-DBODC5: a novel myocardial perfusion imaging agent for diagnosis of coronary artery disease, a review,” Recent Patents on Cardiovascular Drug Discovery, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 161–166, 2006.
- K. Hatada, M. Ruiz, L. M. Riou et al., “Organ biodistribution and myocardial uptake, washout, and redistribution kinetics of Tc-99m N-DBODC5 when injected during vasodilator stress in canine models of coronary stenoses,” Journal of Nuclear Cardiology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 779–790, 2006.
- W. Zhang, W. Fang, B. Li, X. Wang, and Z. He, “Experimental study of [99mTc(PNP5) (DBODC)]+ as a new myocardial perfusion imaging agent,” Cardiology, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 89–97, 2009.
- M. E. Marmion, S. R. Woulfe, W. L. Neumann, D. L. Nosco, and E. Deutsch, “Preparation and characterization of technetium complexes with Schiff base and phosphine coordination. 1. Complexes of technetium-99g and -99m with substituted acac2en and trialkyl phosphines (where acac2en = N,N′-ethylenebis[acetylacetone iminato]),” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 755–770, 1999.
- C. Bolzati, L. Uccelli, A. Boschi et al., “Synthesis of a novel class of nitrido Tc-99m radiopharmaceuticals with phosphino-thiol ligands showing transient heart uptake,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 369–374, 2000.
- M. J. Henzlova, M. D. Cerqueira, J. J. Mahmarian, and S. Yao, “Stress protocols and tracers,” Journal of Nuclear Cardiology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. e80–e90, 2006.
- C. L. Hansen, R. A. Goldstein, D. S. Berman et al., “Myocardial perfusion and function single photon emission computed tomography,” Journal of Nuclear Cardiology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. e97–e120, 2006.
- P. Flamen, A. Bossuyt, and P. R. Franken, “Technetium-99m-tetrofosmin in dipyridamole-stress myocardial SPECT imaging: intraindividual comparison with technetium-99m-sestamibi,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 2009–2015, 1995.
- N. Tamaki, N. Takahashi, M. Kawamoto et al., “Myocardial tomography using technetium-99m-tetrofosmin to evaluate coronary artery disease,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 594–600, 1994.
- M. D. Cerqueira, N. J. Weissman, V. Dilsizian et al., “Standardized myocardial segmentation and nomenclature for tomographic imaging of the heart: a statement for healthcare professionals from the Cardiac Imaging Committee of the Council on Clinical Cardiology of the American Heart Association,” Journal of Nuclear Cardiology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 240–245, 2002.
- T. Sharir, G. Germano, X. Kang et al., “Prediction of myocardial infarction versus cardiac death by gated myocardial perfusion SPECT: risk stratification by the amount of stress-induced ischemia and the poststress ejection fraction,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 831–837, 2001.
- S. H. Braat, B. Leclercq, R. Itti, A. Lahiri, B. Sridhara, and P. Rigo, “Myocardial imaging with technetium-99m-tetrofosmin: comparison of one-day and two-day protocols,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1581–1585, 1994.
- G. Germano, T. Chua, H. Kiat, J. S. Areeda, and D. S. Berman, “A quantitative phantom analysis of artifacts due to hepatic activity in technetium-99m myocardial perfusion SPECT studies,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 356–359, 1994.
- A. K. Paul and H. A. Nabi, “Gated myocardial perfusion SPECT: basic principles, technical aspects, and clinical applications,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 179–187, 2004.
- J. Nuyts, P. Dupont, V. Van den Maegdenbergh, S. Vleugels, P. Suetens, and L. Mortelmans, “A study of the liver-heart artifact in emission tomography,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 133–139, 1995.