- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 148014, 9 pages
Biomarker Selection and Classification of “-Omics” Data Using a Two-Step Bayes Classification Framework
1Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, 447 Sri-Ayuthaya Road, Rajathevi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Thammasat University, 99 Phahonyothin Road, Khlong Nueng, Khlong Luang, Pathum Thani 12120, Thailand
3National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, 113 Thailand Science Park, Phahonyothin Road, Khlong Nueng, Khlong Luang, Pathum Thani 12120, Thailand
4Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, King Mongkut University of Technology North Bangkok, 1518 Piboonsongkarm Road, Bangkok 10800, Thailand
5Language and Semantic Technology Laboratory, National Electronic and Computer Technology Center, 112 Thailand Science Park, Phahonyothin Road, Khlong Nueng, Khlong Luang, Pathum Thani 12120, Thailand
Received 22 April 2013; Revised 4 July 2013; Accepted 6 August 2013
Academic Editor: Florencio Pazos
Copyright © 2013 Anunchai Assawamakin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z.-Z. Hu, H. Huang, C. H. Wu et al., “Omics-based molecular target and biomarker identification,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 719, pp. 547–571, 2011.
- T. Abeel, T. Helleputte, Y. Van de Peer, P. Dupont, and Y. Saeys, “Robust biomarker identification for cancer diagnosis with ensemble feature selection methods,” Bioinformatics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 392–398, 2009.
- The Bovine HapMap Consortium, “Genome-wide survey of SNP variation uncovers the genetic structure of cattle breeds,” Science, vol. 324, no. 5926, pp. 528–532, 2009.
- Kent Ridge Biomedical Data Set Repository, http://datam.i2r.a-star.edu.sg/datasets/krbd/.
- Gene Expression Machine Learning Repository (GEMLeR), http://gemler.fzv.uni-mb.si/download.php.
- National Cancer Institute Clinical Proteomics Database (NCICPD), http://home.ccr.cancer.gov/ncifdaproteomics/ppatterns.asp.
- Y. Leung and Y. Hung, “A multiple-filter-multiple-wrapper approach to gene selection and microarray data classification,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 108–117, 2010.
- A. Mohammadi, M. H. Saraee, and M. Salehi, “Identification of disease-causing genes using microarray data mining and gene ontology,” BMC Medical Genomics, vol. 4, article 12, supplement 2, 2011.
- Y. Ding and D. Wilkins, “Improving the performance of SVM-RFE to select genes in microarray data,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 7, no. 2, article S12, 2006.
- S. Balakrishnan, R. Narayanaswamy, N. Savarimuthu, and R. Samikannu, “Svm ranking with backward search for feature selection in type II diabetes databases,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC '08), pp. 2628–2633, October 2008.
- R. Blanco, I. Inza, M. Merino, J. Quiroga, and P. Larrañaga, “Feature selection in Bayesian classifiers for the prognosis of survival of cirrhotic patients treated with TIPS,” Journal of Biomedical Informatics, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 376–388, 2005.
- G. I. Webb, J. R. Boughton, and Z. Wang, “Not so naive Bayes: aggregating one-dependence estimators,” Machine Learning, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 5–24, 2005.
- L. Jiang, H. Zhang, and Z. Cai, “A novel bayes model: hidden naive bayes,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1361–1371, 2009.
- M. Zervakis, M. E. Blazadonakis, G. Tsiliki, V. Danilatou, M. Tsiknakis, and D. Kafetzopoulos, “Outcome prediction based on microarray analysis: a critical perspective on methods,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 10, article 53, 2009.
- G. Stiglic, J. J. Rodriguez, and P. Kokol, “Finding optimal classifiers for small feature sets in genomics and proteomics,” Neurocomputing, vol. 73, no. 13–15, pp. 2346–2352, 2010.
- K. Duan and J. C. Rajapakse, “SVM-RFE peak selection for cancer classification with mass spectrometry data,” in Advances in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, P. Chen and L. Wong, Eds., pp. 191–200, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2005.