- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 148317, 7 pages
A Recombinant Multiepitope Protein for Hepatitis B Diagnosis
1Laboratório de Biologia Molecular, Universidade de Brasília, 70910-900 Brasília, DF, Brazil
2Laboratório de Biotecnologia de Microrganismos, Universidade Federal de São João Del-Rei, 35501-296 Divinópolis, MG, Brazil
3Laboratório de Imunopatologia, Departamento de Patologia Molecular, Universidade de Brasília, 70910-900 Brasília, DF, Brazil
4Laboratório de Biofísica, Instituto de Ciências Biológicas, Universidade de Brasília, 70910-900 Brasília, DF, Brazil
5Pós-Graduação em Ciências Genômicas e Biotecnologia, Universidade Católica de Brasília, 70910-900 Brasília, DF, Brazil
Received 7 May 2013; Revised 30 August 2013; Accepted 9 September 2013
Academic Editor: Esteban Martinez
Copyright © 2013 Marilen Queiroz de Souza et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- WHO, “Prevention & Controlo of Viral Hepatitis Infection: Framework for Global Action,” 2012, http://www.who.int/csr/disease/hepatitis/GHP_framework.pdf.
- E. Franco, B. Bagnato, M. G. Marino, C. Meleleo, L. Serino, and L. Zaratti, “Hepatitis B: epidemiology and prevention in developing countries,” World Journal of Hepatology, vol. 4, pp. 74–80, 2012.
- Y.-H. Shi, “Correlation between hepatitis B virus genotypes and clinical outcomes,” Japan Journal Infection Diseases, vol. 65, pp. 476–482, 2012.
- WHO, “Global Alert and Response (GAR): Hepatitis B,” http://www.who.int/csr/disease/hepatitis/whocdscsrlyo20022/en/index3.html.
- L. Stuyver, S. De Gendt, C. Van Geyt et al., “A new genotype of hepatitis B virus: complete genome and phylogenetic relatedness,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 67–74, 2000.
- W. Offensperger, S. Wahl, A. R. Neurath et al., “Expression in Escherichia coli a cloned DNA sequence encoding the pre-S2 region of hepatitis B virus,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 82, no. 22, pp. 7540–7544, 1985.
- B. S. S. Guirgis, R. O. Abbas, and H. M. E. Azzazy, “Hepatitis B virus genotyping: current methods and clinical implications,” International Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. e941–e953, 2010.
- J. Salfeld, E. Pfaff, M. Noah, and H. Schaller, “Antigenic determinants and functional domains in core antigens and e antigen from hepatitis B virus,” Journal of Virology, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 798–808, 1989.
- R. C. Ferreira, F. P. Rodrigues, S. A. Teles et al., “Prevalence of hepatitis B virus and risk factors in Brazilian non-injecting drug users,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 602–609, 2009.
- H. Norder, A.-M. Couroucé, P. Coursaget et al., “Genetic diversity of hepatitis B virus strains derived worldwide: genotypes, subgenotypes, and HBsAg subtypes,” Intervirology, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 289–309, 2004.
- F. B. Hollinger, “Hepatitis B virus genetic diversity and its impact on diagnostic assays,” Journal of Viral Hepatitis, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 11–15, 2007.
- S. Schaefer, “Hepatitis B virus taxonomy and hepatitis B virus genotypes,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 14–21, 2007.
- M. V. Alvarado-Mota and J. R. Pinho, “Epidemiological update of hepatitis B, C and delta in Latin America,” Antiviral Therapy, vol. 18, pp. 429–433, 2013.
- C. N. Shiratori, F. E. Hirai, and E. H. Sato, “Characteristics of corneal donors in the Cascavel Eye Bank: impact of the anti-HBc test for hepatitis B,” Arquivos Brasileiros de Oftalmologia, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 17–20, 2011.
- R. Focaccia, Tratado de Hepatites Virais, Editora Atheneu, 2003.
- L. C. Silva and C. F. H. Granato, Importância Clínica dos Marcadores Virais, Savier Editora de livros médicos LTDA, 2nd edition, 1995.
- J. Lei, B. A. Campbell, C. Cervantes, L. Bronstein, D. Hong, and D. Sustarsic, “Detection of Hepatitis B virus surface antigen (HBsAg) mutants by immulite 2000 HBsAg assay,” DPC Technical Report ZB248-A, 2006.
- M. S. Duthie, M. N. Hay, C. Z. Morales et al., “Rational design and evaluation of a multiepitope chimeric fusion protein with the potential for leprosy diagnosis,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 298–303, 2010.
- C. Camussone, V. Gonzalez, M. S. Belluzo et al., “Comparison of recombinant Trypanosoma cruzi peptide mixtures versus multiepitope chimeric proteins as sensitizing antigens for immunodiagnosis,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 899–905, 2009.
- Z. Cheng, J.-W. Zhao, Z.-Q. Sun et al., “Evaluation of a novel fusion protein antigen for rapid serodiagnosis of tuberculosis,” Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 344–349, 2011.
- J. Dai, M. Jiang, Y. Wang, L. Qu, R. Gong, and J. Si, “Evaluation of a recombinant multiepitope peptide for serodiagnosis of Toxoplasma gondii infection,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 338–342, 2012.
- N. K. Tripathi, A. Shrivastva, P. Pattnaik et al., “Production, purification and characterization of recombinant dengue multiepitope protein,” Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 105–113, 2007.
- X. Lin, Y. Chen, and J. Yan, “Recombinant multiepitope protein for diagnosis of leptospirosis,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 1711–1714, 2008.
- C. A. Dipti, S. K. Jain, and K. Navin, “A novel recombinant multiepitope protein as a hepatitis C diagnostic intermediate of high sensitivity and specificity,” Protein Expression and Purification, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 319–328, 2006.
- V. Raussens, J.-M. Ruysschaert, and E. Goormaghtigh, “Protein concentration is not an absolute prerequisite for the determination of secondary structure from circular dichroism spectra: a new scaling method,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 319, no. 1, pp. 114–121, 2003.
- C. Combet, C. Blanchet, C. Geourjon, and G. Deléage, “NPS@: network protein sequence analysis,” Trends in Biochemical Sciences, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 147–150, 2000.
- M. Sällberg, U. Rudén, B. Wahren, and L. O. Magnius, “Immune recognition of linear antigenic regions within the hepatitis B pre- C and C-gene translation products using synthetic peptides,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 7–15, 1994.
- A. Thermet, M. Robaczewska, C. Rollier et al., “Identification of antigenic regions of duck hepatitis B virus core protein with antibodies elicited by DNA immunization and chronic infection,” Journal of Virology, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 1945–1953, 2004.
- G. Colucci, Y. Beazer, C. Cantaluppi, and C. Tackney, “Identification of a major hepatitis B core antigen (HBcAg) determinant by using synthetic peptides and monoclonal antibodies,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 141, no. 12, pp. 4376–4380, 1988.
- M. Sällberg, U. Rudén, B. Wahren, M. Noah, and L. O. Magnius, “Human and murine B-cells recognize the HBeAg/beta (or HBe2) epitope as a linear determinant,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 719–726, 1991.
- K. Takahashi, S. Mishiro, and A. M. Prince, “Novel hepatitis B virus strain from a chimpanzee of Central Africa (Pan troglodytes troglodytes) with an unusual antigenicity of the core protein,” Intervirology, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 321–326, 2001.
- W. C. Johnson Jr., “Circular dichroism and its empirical application to biopolymers,” Methods of Biochemical Analysis, vol. 31, pp. 61–163, 1985.
- R. W. Woody, “Theory of circular dichroism of proteins,” in Circular Dichroism and the Conformational Analysis of Biomolecules, G. D. Fasman, Ed., pp. 25–30, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1996.