- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 149890, 4 pages
The Hidden Burden of Trichinellosis in Vietnam: A Postoutbreak Epidemiological Study
1Parasitology Section, National Centre for Veterinary Diagnosis, 11/78 Giai Phong, Phuong Mai, Dong Da, Hanoi, Vietnam
2Laboratory of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, 133 Salisburylaan, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
3Parasitology Department, National Institute of Malariology, Parasitology and Entomology, BC 10-200, Tuliem, Hanoi, Vietnam
4Operational Directorate Public Health and Surveillance, Scientific Institute of Public Health, 14 J. Wytsmanstraat, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
5Department of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Tropical Medicine, 155 Nationalestraat, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Received 26 August 2013; Accepted 4 October 2013
Academic Editor: Georgios Theodoropoulos
Copyright © 2013 Nga Vu Thi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Brecht Devleesschauwer, Nicolas Praet, Niko Speybroeck, Paul R Torgerson, Juanita A Haagsma, Kris De Smet, K. Darwin Murrell, Edoardo Pozio, and Pierre Dorny, “The low global burden of trichinellosis: evidence and implications,” International Journal for Parasitology, 2014.
- Nv Nga Vu Thi, Edoardo Pozio, Nv Nguyen Van De, Nicolas Praet, Patrizio Pezzotti, Sarah Gabriel, Marleen Claes, T Nguyen Thi Thuy, and Pierre Dorny, “Anti-Trichinella IgG in ethnic minorities living in Trichinella-endemic areas in northwest Vietnam: Study of the predictive value of selected clinical signs and symptoms for the diagnosis of trichinellosis,” Acta Tropica, vol. 139, pp. 93–98, 2014.
- Zvi Shimoni, and Paul Froom, “Uncertainties in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of trichinellosis,” Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy, pp. 1–10, 2015.
- Nguyen Van De, Vu Thi Nga, Pierre Dorny, Nguyen Vu Trung, Pham Ngoc Minh, Do Trung Dung, and Edoardo Pozio, “Trichinellosis in Vietnam,” American Journal Of Tropical Medicine And Hygiene, vol. 92, no. 6, pp. 1265–1270, 2015.
- Anna L. Okello, Stephanie Burniston, James V. Conlan, Phouth Inthavong, Boualam Khamlome, Susan C. Welburn, Jeffrey Gilbert, John Allen, and Stuart D. Blacksell, “Review Article: Prevalence of Endemic Pig-Associated Zoonoses in Southeast Asia: A Review of Findings from the Lao People's Democratic Republic,” American Journal Of Tropical Medicine And Hygiene, vol. 92, no. 5, pp. 1059–1066, 2015.
- Pei Liu, Jing Cui, Ruo Dan Liu, Min Wang, Peng Jiang, Li Na Liu, Shao Rong Long, Ling Ge Li, Shuai Bing Zhang, Xin Zhuo Zhang, and Zhong Quan Wang, “Protective immunity against Trichinella spiralis infection induced by TsNd vaccine in mice,” Parasites & Vectors, vol. 8, no. 1, 2015.