- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 151807, 7 pages
Perinatal Exposure to Insecticide Methamidophos Suppressed Production of Proinflammatory Cytokines Responding to Virus Infection in Lung Tissues in Mice
1Department of Microbiology, Graduate School of Clinical Pharmacy, Kyushu University of Health and Welfare, Yoshino 1714-1, Nobeoka, Miyazaki 882-8508, Japan
2Department of Biochemistry, Graduate School of Clinical Pharmacy, Kyushu University of Health and Welfare, Yoshino 1714-1, Nobeoka, Miyazaki 882-8508, Japan
3Division of Risk Assessment, Biological Safety Research Center, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1-18-1, Kamiyoga, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-8501, Japan
4Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University of Health and Welfare, Yoshino 1714-1, Nobeoka, Miyazaki 882-8508, Japan
Received 1 May 2013; Revised 7 August 2013; Accepted 23 August 2013
Academic Editor: Edineia Lemos de Andrade
Copyright © 2013 Wataru Watanabe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Wu, J. Deng, W. Tsai, J. Ger, S. Wong, and H. Li, “Food poisoning due to methamidophos-contaminated vegetables,” Journal of Toxicology, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 333–336, 2001.
- M. Bouchard, G. Carrier, R. C. Brunet, P. Dumas, and N. Noisel, “Biological monitoring of exposure to organophosphorus insecticides in a group of horticultural greenhouse workers,” Annals of Occupational Hygiene, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 505–515, 2006.
- B. L. Blake, “Toxicology of the nervous system,” in A Textbook of Modern Toxicology, H. Ernest, Ed., pp. 312–316, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken NJ, USA, 2010.
- A. T. Farag, A. H. Radwan, M. H. Eweidah, R. H. Elmazoudy, and A. E. El-Sebae, “Evaluation of male-mediated reproductive toxic effects of methamidophos in the mouse,” Andrologia, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 116–124, 2012.
- W. Watanabe, T. Shimizu, A. Hino, and M. Kurokawa, “A new assay system for evaluation of developmental immunotoxicity of chemical compounds using respiratory syncytial virus infection to offspring mice,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 2008.
- N. E. MacDonald, C. B. Hall, and S. C. Suffin, “Respiratory syncytial viral infection in infants with congenital heart disease,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 307, no. 7, pp. 397–400, 1982.
- C. J. Holberg, A. L. Wright, F. D. Martinez, C. G. Ray, L. M. Taussig, and M. D. Lebowitz, “Risk factors for respiratory syncytial virus-associated lower respiratory illnesses in the first year of life,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 133, no. 11, pp. 1135–1151, 1991.
- F. Morales, M. A. Calder, and J. M. Inglis, “A study of respiratory infections in the elderly to assess the role of respiratory syncytial virus,” Journal of Infection, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 236–247, 1983.
- W. Watanabe, T. Shimizu, A. Hino, and M. Kurokawa, “Effects of decabrominated diphenyl ether (DBDE) on developmental immunotoxicity in offspring mice,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 315–319, 2008.
- W. Watanabe, T. Shimizu, R. Sawamura, A. Hino, K. Konno, and M. Kurokawa, “Functional disorder of primary immunity responding to respiratory syncytial virus infection in offspring mice exposed to a flame retardant, decabrominated diphenyl ether, perinatally,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 1075–1082, 2010.
- S. Takeda, S. Kawahara, M. Hidaka et al., “Effects of oral administration of probiotics from Mongolian dairy products on the Th1 immune response in mice,” Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, vol. 77, pp. 1372–1378, 2013.
- E. Ueno, H. Oshima, I. Saito, H. Matsumoto, and H. Nakazawa, “Determination of organophosphorus pesticide residues in onion and welsh onion by gas chromatography with pulsed flame photometric detector,” Journal of Pesticide Sciences, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 422–428, 2003.
- A. Eisenkraft, A. Falk, and A. Finkelstein, “The role of glutamate and the immune system in organophosphate-induced CNS damage,” Neurotoxicity Research, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 265–279, 2013.
- M. J. Fernandez-Cabezudo, D. E. Lorke, S. Azimullah et al., “Cholinergic stimulation of the immune system protects against lethal infection by Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium,” Immunology, vol. 130, no. 3, pp. 388–398, 2010.
- V. L. de Castro, S. H. Chiorato, and N. F. Pinto, “Relevance of developmental testing of exposure to methamidophos during gestation to its toxicology evaluation,” Toxicology Letters, vol. 118, no. 1-2, pp. 93–102, 2000.
- C. Dvergsten and R. B. Meeker, “Muscarinic cholinergic receptor regulation and acetylcholinesterase inhibition in response to insecticide exposure during development,” International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 63–75, 1994.
- R. P. Garofalo, K. H. Hintz, V. Hill, P. L. Ogra, and R. C. Welliver Sr., “Production of interferon gamma in respiratory syncytial virus infection of humans is not associated with interleukins 12 and 18,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 289–294, 2004.
- Y. Sumi, Y. Oode, and H. Tanaka, “Chinese dumpling scare hits Japan—a case of methamidophos food poisoning,” Journal of Toxicological Sciences, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 485–486, 2008.