- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 154593, 6 pages
Vignetting and Field of View with the KAMRA Corneal Inlay
1Experimental Ophthalmology, Saarland University, Kirrberger Strasse 100, Building 22, 66424 Homburg, Germany
2Erlangen Graduate School in Advanced Optical Technologies (SAOT), 91052 Erlangen, Germany
3Department of Ophthalmology and University Eye Clinic, Saarland University Medical Center, 66424 Homburg, Germany
Received 5 September 2013; Accepted 10 October 2013
Academic Editor: Vasilios F. Diakonis
Copyright © 2013 Achim Langenbucher et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. D. McLeod, L. G. Vargas, V. Portney, and A. Ting, “Synchrony dual-optic accommodating intraocular lens—part 1: optical and biomechanical principles and design considerations,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 37–46, 2007.
- I. L. Ossma, A. Galvis, L. G. Vargas, M. J. Trager, M. R. Vagefi, and S. D. McLeod, “Synchrony dual-optic accommodating intraocular lens—part 2: pilot clinical evaluation,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 47–52, 2007.
- A. Lichtinger and D. S. Rootman, “Intraocular lenses for presbyopia correction: past, present, and future,” Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 40–46, 2012.
- O. Klaproth, C. Titke, M. Baumeister, and T. Kohnen, “Akkommodative Intraokularlinsen—Grundlagen der klinischen Evaluation und aktuelle Ergebnisse,” Klinische Monatsblätter für Augenheilkunde, vol. 228, no. 8, pp. 666–675, 2011.
- F. H. Hengerer, J. Böcker, B. H. Dick, and I. Conrad-Hengerer, “Lichtadjustierbare linse. Neue Möglichkeiten zur Presbyopiekorrektur,” Ophthalmologe, vol. 109, no. 7, pp. 676–682, 2012.
- J. Ben-Nun, “The NuLens accommodating intraocular lens,” Ophthalmology Clinics of North America, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 129–134, 2006.
- N. E. de Vries and R. M. M. A. Nuijts, “Multifocal intraocular lenses in cataract surgery: literature review of benefits and side effects,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 268–278, 2013.
- D. Z. Reinstein, G. I. Carp, T. J. Archer, and M. Gobbe, “LASIK for presbyopia correction in emmetropic patients using aspheric ablation profiles and a micro-monovision protocol with the Carl Zeiss Meditec MEL 80 and VisuMax,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 531–541, 2012.
- M. H. A. Luger, T. Ewering, and S. Arba-Mosquera, “One-year experience in presbyopia correction with biaspheric multifocal central presbyopia laser in situ keratomileusis,” Cornea, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 644–652, 2013.
- B. C. Thomas, A. Fitting, G. U. Auffarth, and M. P. Holzer, “Femtosecond laser correction of presbyopia (INTRACOR) in emmetropes using a modified pattern,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 872–878, 2012.
- A. Fitting, N. Menassa, G. U. Auffarth, and M. P. Holzer, “Auswirkungen intrastromaler Presbyopiebehandlung mittels Femtosekundenlaser (INTRACOR) auf die mesopische Kontrastsensitivität,” Ophthalmologe, vol. 109, no. 10, pp. 1001–1007, 2012.
- A. Alarcón, R. G. Anera, L. J. del Barco, and J. R. Jiménez, “Designing multifocal corneal models to correct presbyopia by laser ablation,” Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol. 17, no. 1, Article ID 18001, 2012.
- T. Eppig, M. Gillner, K. Zoric, J. Jäger, A. Löffler, and A. Langenbucher, “Biomechanical eye model and measurement setup for investigating accommodating intraocular lenses,” Zeitschrift für Medizinische Physik, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 144–152, 2013.
- A. Langenbucher, B. Seitz, S. Huber, N. X. Nguyen, and M. Küchle, “Theoretical and measured pseudophakic accommodation after implantation of a new accommodative posterior chamber intraocular lens,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 121, no. 12, pp. 1722–1727, 2003.
- G. O. Waring IV, “Correction of presbyopia with a small aperture corneal inlay,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 842–845, 2011.
- O. Seyeddain, A. Bachernegg, W. Riha, T. Rückl, H. Reitsamer, G. Grabner, et al., “Femtosecond laser-assisted small-aperture corneal inlay implantation for corneal compensation of presbyopia: two-year follow-up,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 234–241, 2013.
- A. K. Dexl, O. Seyeddain, W. Riha et al., “One-year visual outcomes and patient satisfaction after surgical correction of presbyopia with an intracorneal inlay of a new design,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 262–269, 2012.
- J. Tabernero and P. Artal, “Optical modeling of a corneal inlay in real eyes to increase depth of focus: optimum centration and residual defocus,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 270–277, 2012.
- A. N. Limnopoulou, D. I. Bouzoukis, G. D. Kymionis et al., “Visual outcomes and safety of a refractive corneal inlay for presbyopia using femtosecond laser,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 12–18, 2013.
- E. B. Garza, S. Gomez, A. Chayet, and J. Dishler, “One-year safety and efficacy results of a hydrogel inlay to improve near vision in patients with emmetropic presbyopia,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 166–172, 2013.
- A. K. Dexl, O. Seyeddain, W. Riha, M. Hohensinn, W. Hitzl, and G. Grabner, “Reading performance after implantation of a small-aperture corneal inlay for the surgical correction of presbyopia: two-year follow-up,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 525–531, 2011.
- A. K. Dexl, O. Seyeddain, W. Riha, et al., “Reading performance and patient satisfaction after corneal inlay implantation for presbyopia correction: two-year follow-up,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1808–1816, 2012.
- O. Seyeddain, G. Grabner, and A. K. Dexl, “Binocular distance visual acuity does not decrease with the Kamra intra-corneal inlay,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 2062–2064, 2012.
- O. F. Yilmaz, N. Alagöz, G. Pekel et al., “Intracorneal inlay to correct presbyopia: long-term results,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 1275–1281, 2011.
- M. Tomita, T. Kanamori, G. O. Waring IV et al., “Simultaneous corneal inlay implantation and laser in situ keratomileusis for presbyopia in patients with hyperopia, myopia, or emmetropia: six-month results,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 495–506, 2012.
- J. S. Pepose, “Photopic and mesopic visual function after small-aperture-inlay implantation,” in Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Keratorefractive Presbyopia, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2013.
- H.-L. Liou and N. A. Brennan, “Anatomically accurate, finite model eye for optical modeling,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1684–1695, 1997.
- T. Eppig, K. Scholz, A. Löffler, A. Meßner, and A. Langenbucher, “Effect of decentration and tilt on the image quality of aspheric intraocular lens designs in a model eye,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1091–1100, 2009.
- M. Gillner, A. Langenbucher, and T. Eppig, “Investigation of the theoretical image quality of aspheric intraocular lenses by decentration: Hoya AF-1 iMics1 und Zeiss ASPHINA(TM) (Invent ZO),” Ophthalmologe, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 263–270, 2012.
- J. Schrecker, K. Zoric, A. Meßner, and T. Eppig, “Effect of interface reflection in pseudophakic eyes with an additional refractive intraocular lens,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 1650–1656, 2012.
- Z. Zhu, E. Janunts, T. Eppig, T. Sauer, and A. Langenbucher, “Tomography-based customized IOL calculation model,” Current Eye Research, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 579–589, 2011.
- R. A. Applegate and V. Lakshminarayanan, “Parametric representation of Stiles-Crawford functions: normal variation of peak location and directionality,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1611–1623, 1993.
- R. L. Lindstrom, S. M. MacRae, J. S. Pepose, and P. C. Hoopes, “Corneal inlays for presbyopia correction,” Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 281–287, 2013.
- J. L. Alió, A. Abbouda, S. Huseynli, M. C. Knorz, M. E. Homs, and D. S. Durrie, “Removability of a small aperture intracorneal inlay for presbyopia,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 550–556, 2013.
- M. R. Santhiago, F. L. Barbosa, V. Agrawal, P. S. Binder, B. Christie, and S. E. Wilson, “Short-term cell death and inflammation after intracorneal inlay implantation in rabbits,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 144–149, 2012.
- A. Langenbucher, N. Szentmáry, A. Speck, B. Seitz, and T. Eppig, “Calculation of power and field of view of keratoprostheses,” Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 412–419, 2013.
- R. D. Watkins, “The optical systems of the eye,” Australian Journal of Optometry, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 289–299, 1970.
- J. Tabernero, C. Schwarz, E. J. Fernández, and P. Artal, “Binocular visual simulation of a corneal inlay to increase depth of focus,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 5273–5277, 2011.
- E. Papageorgiou, L. F. Ticini, G. Hardiess et al., “The pupillary light reflex pathway: cytoarchitectonic probabilistic maps in hemianopic patients,” Neurology, vol. 70, no. 12, pp. 956–963, 2008.
- T. K. Wermund and H. Wilhelm, “Pupillary disorders—diagnosis, diseases, consequences,” Klinische Monatsblatter fur Augenheilkunde, vol. 227, no. 11, pp. 845–851, 2010.
- H. Wilhelm, “Neuro-ophthalmology of pupillary function—practical guidelines,” Journal of Neurology, vol. 245, no. 9, pp. 573–583, 1998.