- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 156932, 11 pages
1Click1View: Interactive Visualization Methodology for RNAi Cell-Based Microscopic Screening
1Nauru, LTD., Breslau, Poland
2Technical University of Dresden, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Received 24 September 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Mouldy Sioud
Copyright © 2013 Lukasz Zwolinski et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Dove, “High-throughput screening goes to school,” Nature Methods, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 523–532, 2007.
- G. J. Hannon, “RNA interference,” Nature, vol. 418, no. 6894, pp. 244–251, 2002.
- B. Shneiderman, “The eyes have it: a task by data type taxonomy for information visualizations,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages (VL '96), pp. 336–343, IEEE Computer Society, September 1996.
- J. Khan, J. S. Wei, M. Ringnér et al., “Classification and diagnostic prediction of cancers using gene expression profiling and artificial neural networks,” Nature Medicine, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 673–679, 2001.
- G. Leban, B. Zupan, G. Vidmar, and I. Bratko, “VizRank: data visualization guided by machine learning,” Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 119–136, 2006.
- J. F. McCarthy, K. A. Marx, P. E. Hoffman et al., “Applications of machine learning and high-dimensional visualization in cancer detection, diagnosis, and management,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1020, pp. 239–262, 2004.
- KNIME, University at Konstanz, http://knime.org/.
- P. A. Johnston and P. A. Johnston, “Cellular platforms for HTS: three case studies,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 353–363, 2002.
- K. A. Giuliano, J. R. Haskins, and D. L. Taylor, “Advances in high content screening for drug discovery,” Assay and Drug Development Technologies, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 565–577, 2003.
- D. L. Taylor, E. S. Woo, and K. A. Giuliano, “Real-time molecular and cellular analysis: the new frontier of drug discovery,” Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 75–81, 2001.
- A. J. Monk, “Faster, surer prediction,” The Biochemist, vol. 10, pp. 25–28, 2005.
- C. Brideau, B. Gunter, B. Pikounis, and A. Liaw, “Improved statistical methods for hit selection in high-throughput screening,” Journal of Biomolecular Screening, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 634–647, 2003.
- S. Heyse, “Comprehensive analysis of high-throughput screening data,” in Biomedical Nanotechnology Architectures and Applications, Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 535–547, January 2002.
- J. H. Zhang, T. D. Y. Chung, and K. R. Oldenburg, “A simple statistical parameter for use in evaluation and validation of high throughput screening assays,” Journal of Biomolecular Screening, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 67–73, 1999.
- J. H. Zhang, T. D. Y. Chung, and K. R. Oldenburg, “Confirmation of primary active substances from high throughput screening of chemical and biological populations: a statistical approach and practical considerations,” Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 258–265, 2000.
- B. Cox, J. C. Denyer, A. Binnie et al., “Application of high-throughput screening techniques to drug discovery,” Progress in Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 37, pp. 83–133, 2000.
- M. Lutz and T. Kenakin, Quantitative Molecular Pharmacology and Informatics in Drug Discovery, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- Advanced Cell Classifier, http://acc.ethz.ch/.
- C. Lin, W. Mak, P. Hong, K. Sepp, and N. Perrimon, “Intelligent interfaces for mining large-scale RNAi-HCS image databases,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering, 2007.
- A. Smellie, C. J. Wilson, and S. C. Ng, “Visualization and interpretation of high content screening data,” Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 201–207, 2006.
- H. Kang and B. Shneiderman, “Visualization methods for personal photo collections: browsing and searching in the PhotoFinder,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- B. Moghaddam, Q. Tian, N. Lesh, C. Shen, and T. S. Huang, “Visualization and user-modeling for browsing personal photo libraries,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 56, no. 1-2, pp. 109–130, 2004.
- I. G. Goldberg, C. Allan, J.-M. Burel, et al., “The Open Microscopy Environment (OME) Data Model and XML file: open tools for informatics and quantitative analysis in biological imaging,” Genome Biology, vol. 6, no. 5, article R47, 2005.
- T. Wild, P. Horvath, E. Wyler, et al., “A protein inventory of human ribosome biogenesis reveals an essential function of Exportin 5 in 60S subunit export,” PLOS Biology, vol. 8, no. 10, Article ID e1000522.