- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 160203, 7 pages
Videocapillaroscopic Alterations in Alopecia Areata
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Paediatric Dermatology, Medical University of Lublin, Radziwiłłowska 13, 20-080 Lublin, Poland
Received 30 April 2013; Revised 29 July 2013; Accepted 19 August 2013
Academic Editor: Maxim E. Darvin
Copyright © 2013 Agnieszka Gerkowicz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Alkhalifah, A. Alsantali, E. Wang, K. J. McElwee, and J. Shapiro, “Alopecia areata update. Part I. Clinical picture, histopathology, and pathogenesis,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 177–188, 2010.
- L. Kos and J. Conlon, “An update on alopecia areata,” Current Opinion in Pediatrics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 475–480, 2009.
- A. Kavak, N. Yeşildal, A. H. Parlak et al., “Alopecia areata in Turkey: demographic and clinical features,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 977–981, 2008.
- T. Nakajima, S. Inui, and S. Itami, “Pulse corticosteroid therapy for alopecia areata: study of 139 patients,” Dermatology, vol. 215, no. 4, pp. 320–324, 2007.
- S. Madani and J. Shapiro, “Alopecia areata update,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 549–570, 2000.
- D. Wasserman, D. A. Guzman-Sanchez, K. Scott, and A. Mcmichael, “Alopecia areata,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 121–131, 2007.
- A. G. Messenger, J. McKillop, P. Farrant, A. J. McDonagh, and M. Sladden, “British Association of Dermatologists' guidelines for the management of alopecia areata 2012,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 166, no. 5, pp. 916–926, 2012.
- E. Kasumagic-Halilovic and A. Prohic, “Nail changes in alopecia areata: frequency and clinical presentation,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 240–241, 2009.
- A. Gilhar, R. Paus, and R. S. Kalish, “Lymphocytes, neuropeptides, and genes involved in alopecia areata,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 117, no. 8, pp. 2019–2027, 2007.
- K. Yano, L. F. Brown, and M. Detmar, “Control of hair growth and follicle size by VEGF-mediated angiogenesis,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 107, no. 4, pp. 409–417, 2001.
- P. Velasco and B. Lange-Asschenfeldt, “Dermatological aspects of angiogenesis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 147, no. 5, pp. 841–852, 2002.
- N. Zhou, W. Fan, and M. Li, “Angiogenin is expressed in human dermal papilla cells and stimulates hair growth,” Archives of Dermatological Research, vol. 301, no. 2, pp. 139–149, 2009.
- L. Mecklenburg, D. J. Tobin, S. Müller-Röver et al., “Active hair growth (anagen) is associated with angiogenesis,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 114, no. 5, pp. 909–916, 2000.
- O. Simonetti, G. Lucarini, M. L. Bernardini, C. Simoncini, G. Biagini, and A. Offidani, “Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor, apoptosis inhibitors (survivin and p16) and CCL27 in alopecia areata before and after diphencyprone treatment: an immunohistochemical study,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 150, no. 5, pp. 940–948, 2004.
- C. K. Goldman, J.-C. Tsai, L. Soroceanu, and G. Y. Gillespie, “Loss of vascular endothelial growth factor in human alopecia hair follicles,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 104, supplement 5, pp. 18S–20S, 1995.
- W. Grassi and P. Del Medico, Eds., Atlas of Capillaroscopy, EDRA-Medical Publishing & New Media, Milan, Italy, 2004.
- M. Cutolo, C. Pizzorni, and A. Sulli, “Capillaroscopy,” Best Practice and Research, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 437–452, 2005.
- F. Gallucci, R. Russo, R. Buono, R. Acampora, E. Madrid, and G. Uomo, “Indications and results of videocapillaroscopy in clinical practice,” Advances in Medical Sciences, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 149–157, 2008.
- N. Al-Mutairi and O. N. Eldin, “Clinical profile and impact on quality of life: seven years experience with patients of alopecia areata,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 489–493, 2011.
- F. M. Camacho-Martínez, “Hair loss in women,” Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 19–32, 2009.
- J. Rubisz-Brzezinska and W. Bendkowski, “Capillaroscopic pattern of ungual folds on fingers in alopecia areata,” Przeglad Dermatologiczny, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 471–475, 1979.
- G. Ganzetti, A. Campanati, O. Simonetti, I. Cataldi, K. Giuliodori, and A. M. Offidani, “Videocapillaroscopic pattern of alopecia areata before and after diphenylciclopropenone treatment,” International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 1087–1091, 2011.
- M. Cutolo, A. Sulli, M. E. Secchi, M. Olivieri, and C. Pizzorni, “The contribution of capillaroscopy to the differential diagnosis of connective autoimmune diseases,” Best Practice and Research, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1093–1108, 2007.
- M. F. Meyer, M. Pfohl, and H. Schatz, “Assessment of microcirculatory alterations in diabetic patients by means of capillaroscopy and laser Doppler anemometry,” Medizinische Klinik, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 71–77, 2001.
- G. Monticone, L. Colonna, G. Palermi, R. Bono, and P. Puddu, “Quantitative nailfold capillary microscopy findings in patients with acrocyanosis compared with patients having systemic sclerosis and control subjects,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 787–790, 2000.
- G. Ruotolo, S. Mazzuca, P. Gareri, F. Talarico, S. Giancotti, and D. Galasso, “Videocapillaroscopy in the study of chronic autoimmune thyroiditis,” Thyroidology Clinical and Experimental, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 9–12, 2000.
- A. Kuryliszyn-Moskal, M. Ciołkiewicz, and A. Dubicki, “[Morphological alterations in nailfold capillaroscopy and the clinical picture of vascular involvement in autoimmune diseases: systemic lupus erythematosus and type 1 diabetes],” Annales Academiae Medicae Stetinensis, vol. 56, pp. 73–79, 2010.
- M. Bhushan, T. Moore, A. L. Herrick, and C. E. M. Griffiths, “Nailfold video capillaroscopy in psoriasis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 142, no. 6, pp. 1171–1176, 2000.