- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 175056, 5 pages
Anthropometric Measurements of the Human Distal Femur: A Study of the Adult Malay Population
1Medical Devices & Technology Group (MEDITEG), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 81310 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
2Department of Orthopaedics, Traumatology and Rehabilitation, Kulliyyah of Medicine, International Islamic University Malaysia, 25200 Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia
3Department of Radiology, Kulliyyah of Medicine, International Islamic University Malaysia, 25200 Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia
4Tissue Engineering Group, NOCERAL, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5Sport Innovation and Technology Centre, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai, 81310 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Received 11 April 2013; Accepted 8 September 2013
Academic Editor: Dominique Saragaglia
Copyright © 2013 Fitdriyah Hussain et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. M. Goldberg, H. E. Figgie III, and M. P. Figgie, “Technical considerations in total knee surgery: management of patella problems,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 189–199, 1989.
- C. S. Ranawat, “The patellofemoral joint in total condylar knee arthroplasty. Pros and cons based on five- to ten-year follow-up observation,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 205, pp. 93–99, 1986.
- K. Krackow, “Prosthesis selection: the technique of total knee arthroplasty,” pp. 49–74, 1991.
- M. A. R. Freeman, R. C. Todd, P. Bamert, and W. H. Day, “ICLH arthroplasty of the knee: 1968–1977,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 339–344, 1978.
- J. Insall, “Revision of aseptic failed total knee arthroplasty,” in Surgery of the Knee, J. N. Insall, Ed., pp. 935–957, Churchill Livingston, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1994.
- C.-K. Cheng, C.-Y. Lung, Y.-M. Lee, and C.-H. Huang, “A new approach of designing the tibial baseplate of total knee prostheses,” Clinical Biomechanics, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 112–117, 1999.
- H. C. Liu, “Review of gross anatomy of the Chinese knee,” Taiwan Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 317–325, 1984.
- J. S. Mensch and H. C. Amstutz, “Knee morphology as a guide to knee replacement,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 112, pp. 231–241, 1975.
- M. J. Erkman and P. S. Walker, “A study of knee geometry applied to the design of condylar prostheses,” Bio-Medical Engineering, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 14–17, 1974.
- S. W. Wang, C. H. Feng, and H. S. Lu, “A study of Chinese knee joint geometry for prosthesis design,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 227–233, 1992.
- D. F. Dalury, F. C. Ewald, M. J. Christie, and R. D. Scott, “Total knee arthroplasty in a group of patients less than 45 years of age,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 598–602, 1995.
- G. P. Duffy, A. R. Crowder, R. R. Trousdale, and D. J. Berry, “Cemented total knee arthroplasty using a modern prosthesis in young patients with osteoarthritis,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 67–70, 2007.
- B. Yue, K. M. Varadarajan, S. Ai, T. Tang, H. E. Rubash, and G. Li, “Differences of knee anthropometry between Chinese and white men and women,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 124–130, 2011.
- F. B. Cheng, X. F. Ji, Y. Lai et al., “Three dimensional morphometry of the knee to design the total knee arthroplasty for Chinese population,” Knee, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 341–347, 2009.
- S. V. Vaidya, C. S. Ranawat, A. Aroojis, and N. S. Laud, “Anthropometric measurements to design total knee prostheses for the Indian population,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 79–85, 2000.
- W.-P. Ho, C.-K. Cheng, and J.-J. Liau, “Morphometrical measurements of resected surface of femurs in Chinese knees: correlation to the sizing of current femoral implants,” Knee, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 12–14, 2006.
- K. Uehara, Y. Kadoya, A. Kobayashi, H. Ohashi, and Y. Yamano, “Anthropometry of the proximal tibia to design a total knee prosthesis for the Japanese population,” The Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1028–1032, 2002.
- D. S. Kwak, S. Surendran, Y. H. Pengatteeri et al., “Morphometry of the proximal tibia to design the tibial component of total knee arthroplasty for the Korean population,” Knee, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 295–300, 2007.
- C. Chaichankul, A. Tanavalee, and P. Itiravivong, “Anthropometric measurements of knee joints in Thai population: correlation to the sizing of current knee prostheses,” Knee, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 5–10, 2011.
- S. Chatterjee and A. S. Hadi, “Regression analysis by example,” in Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics, pp. 221–255, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 4th edition, 2006.
- D. S. Kwak, S. Han, C. W. Han, and S.-H. Han, “Resected femoral anthropometry for design of the femoral component of the total knee prosthesis in a Korean population,” Anatomy & Cell Biology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 252–259, 2010.
- F. T. Hoaglund and W. D. Low, “Anatomy of the femoral neck and head, with comparative data from caucasians and Hong Kong Chinese,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 152, pp. 10–16, 1980.
- K. Urabe, O. M. Mahoney, K. Mabuchi, and M. Itoman, “Morphologic differences of the distal femur between Caucasian and Japanese women,” Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery (Hong Kong), vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 312–315, 2008.