- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 179784, 16 pages
Skin Basement Membrane: The Foundation of Epidermal Integrity—BM Functions and Diverse Roles of Bridging Molecules Nidogen and Perlecan
1Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, 50937 Cologne, Germany
2DGZ, Post Office Box, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69009 Heidelberg, Germany
Received 10 August 2012; Revised 18 January 2013; Accepted 28 January 2013
Academic Editor: George E. Plopper
Copyright © 2013 Dirk Breitkreutz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Leena Bruckner-Tuderman, and Cristina Has, “Disorders of the cutaneous basement membrane zone - the paradigm of epidermolysis bullosa,” Matrix Biology, 2013.
- Margaret Mary Smith, and James Melrose, “Proteoglycans in Normal and Healing Skin,” Advances in Wound Care, pp. 150127064149004, 2013.
- Frazer J. Bye, Anthony J. Bullock, Rita Singh, Farshid Sefat, Sabiniano Roman, and Sheila MacNeil, “Development of a Basement Membrane Substitute Incorporated Into an Electrospun Scaffold for 3D Skin Tissue Engineering,” Journal Of Biomaterials And Tissue Engineering, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 686–692, 2014.
- S. Mosseri, U. Hetzel, Shelley Hahn, Eleni Michaloupoulou, Hannah Clare Sallabank, Derek C Knottenbelt, and A Kipar, “Equine sarcoid: in situ demonstration of matrix metalloproteinase expression,” The Veterinary Journal, 2014.
- Gernot Walko, Maria J. Castañón, and Gerhard Wiche, “Molecular architecture and function of the hemidesmosome,” Cell and Tissue Research, 2014.
- M. Aggarwal, M. Battalora, P. Fisher, A. Hüser, R. Parr-Dobrzanski, M. Soufi, V. Mostert, C. Strupp, P. Whalley, C. Wiemann, and R. Billington, “Assessment of in vitro human dermal absorption studies on pesticides to determine default values, opportunities for read-across and influence of dilution on absorption,” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, 2014.
- Mallika Pathania, Elena V. Semina, and Melinda K. Duncan, “Lens Extrusion from Laminin Alpha 1 Mutant Zebrafish,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Caitlin J. Symonette, Aman Kaur Mann, Xiao Cherie Tan, Cornelia Tolg, Jenny Ma, Francisco Perera, Arjang Yazdani, and Eva A. Turley, “Hyaluronan-Phosphatidylethanolamine Polymers Form Pericellular Coats on Keratinocytes and Promote Basal Keratinocyte Proliferation,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Fa-Ming Chen, and Xiaohua Liu, “Advancing biomaterials of human origin for tissue engineering,” Progress in Polymer Science, 2015.
- Mohamed Abou-Elwafa Abdallah, Gopal Pawar, and Stuart Harrad, “Evaluation of in vitro vs. in vivo methods for assessment of dermal absorption of organic flame retardants: A review,” Environment International, vol. 74, pp. 13–22, 2015.