- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 185362, 9 pages
Impact of Interstitial Pneumonia on the Survival and Risk Factors Analysis of Patients with Hematological Malignancy
1Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, Tri-Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, No. 325, Section 2, Cheng-Kung Road, Neihu, Taipei 114, Taiwan
2Department of Medicine, Taoyuan General Hospital, No. 1492, Chung-Shan Road, Taoyuan City, Taoyuan County 330, Taiwan
3Department of Radiology, Tri-Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, No. 325, Section 2, Cheng-Kung Road, Neihu, Taipei 114, Taiwan
Received 23 April 2013; Revised 3 July 2013; Accepted 3 July 2013
Academic Editor: Robin Vos
Copyright © 2013 Wei-Liang Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Marraro, C. Uderzo, P. Marchi, G. Castagnini, P. L. Vaj, and G. Masera, “Acute respiratory failure and pulmonary thrombosis in leukemic children,” Cancer, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 696–702, 1991.
- C. K. Chan, R. H. Hyland, and M. A. Hutcheon, “Pulmonary complications following bone marrow transplantation,” Clinics in Chest Medicine, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 323–332, 1990.
- E. Sakaida, C. Nakaseko, A. Harima et al., “Late-onset noninfectious pulmonary complications after allogeneic stem cell transplantation are significantly associated with chronic graft-versus-host disease and with the graft-versus-leukemia effect,” Blood, vol. 102, no. 12, pp. 4236–4242, 2003.
- T. E. King Jr., “Clinical advances in the diagnosis and therapy of the interstitial lung diseases,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 172, no. 3, pp. 268–279, 2005.
- K. A. Sepkowitz, “Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in patients without AIDS,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 17, no. supplement 2, pp. S416–S422, 1993.
- I. Varthalitis, M. Aoun, D. Daneau, and F. Meunier, “Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in patient with cancer. An increasing incidence,” Cancer, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 481–485, 1993.
- S. M. Arend, F. P. Kroon, and J. W. Van't Wout, “Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in patients without AIDS, 1980 through 1993: an analysis of 78 cases,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 155, no. 22, pp. 2436–2441, 1995.
- K. Nakase, K. Tsuji, S. Nagaya et al., “Acute interstitial pneumonitis during chemotherapy for haematological malignancy,” European Journal of Cancer Care, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 336–341, 2005.
- E. Azoulay, H. Attalah, A. Harf, B. Schlemmer, and C. Delclaux, “Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor or neutrophil-induced pulmonary toxicity: myth or reality? Systematic review of clinical case reports and experimental data,” Chest, vol. 120, no. 5, pp. 1695–1701, 2001.
- Y. Takamatsu, K. Akashi, M. Harada et al., “Cytokine production by peripheral blood monocytes and T cells during haemopoietic recovery after intensive chemotherapy,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 21–27, 1993.
- N. Niitsu, S. Iki, K. Muroi et al., “Interstitial pneumonia in patients receiving granulocyte colony stimulating factor during chemotherapy: survey in Japan 1991–96,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 76, no. 12, pp. 1661–1666, 1997.
- N. Yokose, K. Ogata, H. Tamura et al., “Pulmonary toxicity after granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-combined chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 77, no. 12, pp. 2286–2290, 1998.
- A. Ohsaka, S. Kitagawa, S. Sakamoto et al., “In vivo activation of human neutrophil functions by administration of recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in patients with malignant lymphoma,” Blood, vol. 74, no. 8, pp. 2743–2748, 1989.
- L. H. Sehn, J. Donaldson, M. Chhanabhai et al., “Introduction of combined CHOP plus rituximab therapy dramatically improved outcome of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in British Columbia,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 23, no. 22, pp. 5027–5033, 2005.
- B. Coiffier, E. Lepage, J. Brière et al., “Chop chemotherapy plus rituximab compared with chop alone in elderly patients with diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 346, no. 4, pp. 235–242, 2002.
- D. R. Anderson, A. Grillo-Löpez, C. Varns, K. S. Chambers, and N. Hanna, “Targeted anti-cancer therapy using rituximab, a chimaeric anti-CD20 antibody (IDEC-C2B8) in the treatment of non-Hodgkin's B-cell lymphoma,” Biochemical Society Transactions, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 705–708, 1997.
- M. E. Reff, K. Carner, K. S. Chambers et al., “Depletion of B cells in vivo by a chimeric mouse human monoclonal antibody to CD20,” Blood, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 435–445, 1994.
- X. Liu, X.-N. Hong, Y.-J. Gu, B.-Y. Wang, Z.-G. Luo, and J. Cao, “Interstitial pneumonitis during rituximab-containing chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin lymphoma,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1778–1783, 2008.
- A. R. Tonelli, R. Lottenberg, R. W. Allan, and P. S. Sriram, “Rituximab-induced hypersensitivity pneumonitis,” Respiration, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 225–229, 2009.
- D. T. Alexandrescu, J. P. Dutcher, K. O'Boyle, M. Albulak, S. Oiseth, and P. H. Wiernik, “Fatal intra-alveolar hemorrhage after rituximab in a patient with non-Hodgkin lymphoma,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 2321–2325, 2004.
- S. Kanelli, S. M. Ansell, T. M. Habermann, D. J. Inwards, N. Tuinstra, and T. E. Witzig, “Rituximab toxicity in patients with peripheral blood malignant B-cell lymphocytosis,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1329–1337, 2001.
- N. Selenko, O. Majdic, S. Draxler et al., “CD20 antibody (C2B8)-induced apoptosis of lymphoma cells promotes phagocytosis by dendritic cells and cross-priming of CD8+ cytotoxic T cells,” Leukemia, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1619–1626, 2001.
- P. Kumar, P. Goldstraw, K. Yamada et al., “Pulmonary fibrosis and lung cancer: risk and benefit analysis of pulmonary resection,” Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 125, no. 6, pp. 1321–1327, 2003.
- Y. Jegal, S. K. Dong, S. S. Tae et al., “Physiology is a stronger predictor of survival than pathology in fibrotic interstitial pneumonia,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 171, no. 6, pp. 639–644, 2005.
- S.-I. Cha, M. B. Fessler, C. D. Cool, M. I. Schwarz, and K. K. Brown, “Lymphoid interstitial pneumonia: clinical features, associations and prognosis,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 364–369, 2006.
- C. Burton, R. Kaczmarski, R. Jan-Mohamed, M. C. Benyunes, P. S. Multani, and A. Saunders, “Interstitial pneumonitis related to rituximab therapy,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 348, no. 26, pp. 2690–2691, 2003.