- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 192459, 4 pages
Aortic Dissection Type A in Alpine Skiers
1Innsbruck Medical University, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
2Institute for Sports Medicine, Alpine Medicine and Health Tourism, University Hospital Innsbruck and UMIT Hall, Austria
Received 28 April 2013; Revised 13 June 2013; Accepted 26 June 2013
Academic Editor: Jeffrey L. Anderson
Copyright © 2013 Thomas Schachner et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Müller and H. Schwameder, “Biomechanical aspects of new techniques in alpine skiing and ski-jumping,” Journal of Sports Sciences, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 679–692, 2003.
- P. Scheiber, J. Seifert, and E. Müller, “Relationships between biomechanics and physiology in older, recreational alpine skiers,” Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 49–57, 2012.
- L. F. Hiratzka, G. L. Bakris, J. A. Beckman et al., “2010 ACCF/AHA/AATS/ACR/ASA/SCA/SCAI/SIR/STS/SVM guidelines for the diagnosis and management of patients with Thoracic Aortic Disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American College of Radiology, American Stroke Association, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society of Interventional Radiology, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, and Society for Vascular Medicine,” Circulation, vol. 121, no. 13, pp. E266–E369, 2010.
- G. Heller, F. F. Immer, H. Savolainen, E. S. Kraehenbuehl, T. P. Carrel, and J. Schmidli, “Aortic rupture in high-speed skiing crashes,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 979–980, 2006.
- Tirol Werbung GmbH, “Der Tiroler Tourismus, Zahlen, Daten und Fakten,” 2011, http://www.tirol.at/.
- M. Faulhaber, M. Flatz, H. Gatterer, W. Schobersberger, and M. Burtscher, “Prevalence of cardiovascular diseases among alpine skiers and hikers in the Austrian Alps,” High Altitude Medicine and Biology, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 245–252, 2007.
- P. Scheiber, S. Krautgasser, S. P. Duvillard, and E. Müller, “Physiologic responses of older recreational alpine skiers to different skiing modes,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 551–558, 2009.
- G. Klug, S. Schenk, J. Dörler et al., “Occurrence of acute myocardial infarction in winter tourists: data from a retrospective questionnaire,” Clinical Research in Cardiology, vol. 100, no. 8, pp. 669–674, 2011.