- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 192738, 11 pages
Gene Silencing of 4-1BB by RNA Interference Inhibits Acute Rejection in Rats with Liver Transplantation
1Department of General Surgery, The Affiliated Hospital of Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221002, China
2Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu 215006, China
Received 5 September 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Andrew St. John
Copyright © 2013 Yang Shi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. J. Goronzy and C. M. Weyand, “T-cell co-stimulatory pathways in autoimmunity,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 10, no. 1, article S3, 2008.
- M. Kornete and C. A. Piccirillo, “Critical co-stimulatory pathways in the stability of Foxp3+ Treg cell homeostasis in type I diabetes,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 104–111, 2011.
- A. Palazón, I. Martínez-Forero, A. Teijeira, et al., “The HIF-1α hypoxia response in tumor-infiltrating T lymphocytes induces functional CD137 (4-1BB) for immunotherapy,” Cancer Discovery, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 608–623, 2012.
- D. Teschner, G. Wenzel, E. Distler et al., “In vitro stimulation and expansion of human tumour-reactive CD8+ cytotoxic t lymphocytes by anti-CD3/CD28/CD137 magnetic beads,” Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 155–164, 2011.
- J. A. Hernandez-Chacon, Y. Li, R. C. Wu et al., “Costimulation through the CD137/4-1BB pathway protects human melanoma tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes from activation-induced cell death and enhances antitumor effector function,” Journal of Immunotherapy, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 236–250, 2011.
- H. W. Chen, C. H. Liao, C. Ying, C. J. Chang, and C. M. Lin, “Ex vivo expansion of dendritic-cell-activated antigen-specific CD4+ T cells with anti-CD3/CD28, interleukin-7, and interleukin-15: potential for adoptive T cell immunotherapy,” Clinical Immunology, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 21–31, 2006.
- C. Stefanidis, G. Callebaut, W. Ngatchou, et al., “The role of biventricular assistance in primary graft failure after heart transplantation,” Hellenic Journal of Cardiology, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 160–162, 2012.
- M. Glanemann, G. Gaebelein, N. Nussler et al., “Transplantation of monocyte-derived hepatocyte-like cells (NeoHeps) improves survival in a model of acute liver failure,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 249, no. 1, pp. 149–154, 2009.
- T. Asai, B. K. Choi, P. M. Kwon et al., “Blockade of the 4-1BB (CD137)/4-1BBL and/or CD28/CD80/CD86 costimulatory pathways promotes corneal allograft survival in mice,” Immunology, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 349–358, 2007.
- B. J. Huang, H. Yin, Y. F. Huang et al., “Gene therapy using adenoviral vector encoding 4-1BBIg gene significantly prolonged murine cardiac allograft survival,” Transplant Immunology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 88–94, 2006.
- L. Qin, H. G. Guan, X. J. Zhou, J. Yin, J. Lan, and H. X. Qian, “Blockade of 4-1BB/4-1BB ligand interactions prevents acute rejection in rat liver transplantation,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 212–215, 2010.
- N. Wu, A. B. Yu, H. B. Zhu, and X. K. Lin, “Effective silencing of Sry gene with RNA interference in developing mouse embryos resulted in feminization of XY gonad,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 343891, 11 pages, 2012.
- T. Yang, B. Zhang, B. K. Pat, M. Q. Wei, and G. C. Gobe, “Lentiviral-mediated RNA interference against TGF-beta receptor type II in renal epithelial and fibroblast cell populations in vitro demonstrates regulated renal fibrogenesis that is more efficient than a nonlentiviral vector,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2010, Article ID 859240, 12 pages, 2010.
- K. Ui-Tei, Y. Naito, F. Takahashi et al., “Guidelines for the selection of highly effective siRNA sequences for mammalian and chick RNA interference,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 936–948, 2004.
- Y. C. Kuo, S. C. Weng, C. J. Chou, T. T. Chang, and W. J. Tsai, “Activation and proliferation signals in primary human T lymphocytes inhibited by ergosterol peroxide isolated from Cordyceps cicadae,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 140, no. 5, pp. 895–906, 2003.
- L. A. Muscarella, V. Guarnieri, M. Coco et al., “Small deletion at the 7q21.2 locus in a CCM family detected by real-time quantitative PCR,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2010, Article ID 854737, 7 pages, 2010.
- C. S. Kim, J. G. Kim, B. J. Lee, et al., “Deficiency for costimulatory receptor 4-1BB protects against obesity-induced inflammation and metabolic disorders,” Diabetes, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 3159–93168, 2011.
- T. Hori, L. B. Gardner, F. Chen, et al., “Impact of hepatic arterial reconstruction on orthotopic liver transplantation in the rat,” Journal of Investigative Surgery, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 242–252, 2012.
- A. J. Demetris, K. P. Batts, A. P. Dhillon et al., “Banff schema for grading liver allograft rejection: an international consensus document,” Hepatology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 658–663, 1997.
- M. H. Sanei, T. D. Schiano, C. Sempoux, C. Fan, and M. I. Fiel, “Acute cellular rejection resulting in sinusoidal obstruction syndrome and ascites postliver transplantation,” Transplantation, vol. 92, no. 10, pp. 1152–1158, 2011.
- B. Fosby, T. H. Karlsen, and E. Melum, “Recurrence and rejection in liver transplantation for primary sclerosing cholangitis,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2012.
- S. Gras, L. Kjer-Nielsen, Z. Chen, J. Rossjohn, and J. McCluskey, “The structural bases of direct T-cell allorecognition: implications for T-cell-mediated transplant rejection,” Immunology and Cell Biology, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 388–395, 2011.
- I. Pérez-Flores, A. Sánchez-Fructuoso, J. L. Santiago et al., “Intracellular ATP levels in CD4+ lymphocytes are a risk marker of rejection and infection in renal graft recipients,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 2106–2108, 2009.
- R. J. McKallip, Y. Do, M. T. Fisher, J. L. Robertson, P. S. Nagarkatti, and M. Nagarkatti, “Role of CD44 in activation-induced cell death: CD44-deficient mice exhibit enhanced T cell response to conventional and superantigens,” International Immunology, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1015–1026, 2002.
- B. K. Choi, J. S. Bae, E. M. Choi et al., “4-1BB-dependent inhibition of immunosuppression by activated CD4+, CD25+ T cells,” Journal of Leukocyte Biology, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 785–791, 2004.
- K. Xu, C. Li, X. Pan, and B. Du, “Study of relieving graft-versus-host disease by blocking CD137-CD137 ligand costimulatory pathway in vitro,” International Journal of Hematology, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 84–90, 2007.
- J. Kim, W. S. Choi, S. La et al., “Stimulation with 4-1BB (CD137) inhibits chronic graft-versus-host disease by inducing activation-induced cell death of donor CD4+ T cells,” Blood, vol. 105, no. 5, pp. 2206–2213, 2005.
- S. Ganguly, J. Liu, V. B. Pillai, R. S. Mittler, and R. R. Amara, “Adjuvantive effects of anti-4-1BB agonist Ab and 4-1BBL DNA for a HIV-1 Gag DNA vaccine: different effects on cellular and humoral immunity,” Vaccine, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1300–1309, 2010.
- V. A. Meliopoulos, L. E. Andersen, K. F. Birrer, et al., “Host gene targets for novel influenza therapies elucidated by high-throughput RNA interference screens,” The FASEB Journal, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1372–1386, 2012.
- T. H. Hutson, E. Foster, J. M. Dawes, R. Hindges, R. J. Yáñez-Muñoz, and L. D. Moon, “Lentiviral vectors encoding short hairpin RNAs efficiently transduce and knockdown LINGO-1 but induce an interferon response and cytotoxicity in central nervous system neurones,” Journal of Gene Medicine, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 299–315, 2012.
- M. L. del Rio, J. Kurtz, C. Perez-Martinez, A. Ghosh, J. A. Perez-Simon, and J. I. Rodriguez-Barbosa, “B- and T-lymphocyte attenuator targeting protects against the acute phase of graft versus host reaction by inhibiting donor anti-host cytotoxicity,” Transplantation, vol. 92, no. 10, pp. 1085–1093, 2011.
- G. Chen, J. Mi, M. Z. Xiao, and Y. R. Fu, “PDIA3 mRNA expression and IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, and CRP levels of acute kidney allograft rejection in rat,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 5233–35238, 2012.
- M. H. Karimi, S. Daneshmandi, A. A. Pourfathollah, et al., “Association of IL-6 promoter and IFN-γ gene polymorphisms with acute rejection of liver transplantation,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 4437–4443, 2011.
- P. Kulkarni, M. S. Uppin, A. K. Prayaga, U. Das, and K. V. D. Murthy, “Renal allograft pathology with C4d immunostaining in patients with graft dysfunction,” Indian Journal of Nephrology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 239–244, 2011.
- Y. Sanada, K. Mizuta, T. Urahashi, et al., “Co-occurrence of nonanastomotic biliary stricture and acute cellular rejection in liver transplant,” Experimental and Clinical Transplantation, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 176–179, 2012.
- J. I. Wyatt, “Liver transplant pathology—messages for the non-specialist,” Histopathology, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 333–341, 2010.