- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 194176, 22 pages
Trypanosoma evansi and Surra: A Review and Perspectives on Origin, History, Distribution, Taxonomy, Morphology, Hosts, and Pathogenic Effects
1Cirad-Bios, UMR-InterTryp, Montpellier 34000, France
2Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kasetsart University, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
3Center for Parasitic Organisms, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
4Central Mindanao University, Mindanao, Philippines
Received 28 April 2013; Accepted 5 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jude M. Przyborski
Copyright © 2013 Marc Desquesnes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Marc Desquesnes, Alan Dargantes, De-Hua Lai, Zhao-Rong Lun, Philippe Holzmuller, and Sathaporn Jittapalapong, “Trypanosoma evansi and Surra: A Review and Perspectives on Transmission, Epidemiology and Control, Impact, and Zoonotic Aspects,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–20, 2013.
- Alain Beschin, Jan Van Den Abbeele, Patrick De Baetselier, and Etienne Pays, “African trypanosome control in the insect vector and mammalian host,” Trends in Parasitology, 2014.
- S. Rogé, R. Baelmans, F. Claes, V. Lejon, Y. Guisez, D. Jacquet, and P. Büscher, “Development of a latex agglutination test with recombinant variant surface glycoprotein for serodiagnosis of surra,” Veterinary Parasitology, 2014.
- Ankit K. Rochani, Chandan Mithra, Meetali Singh, and Utpal Tatu, “Heat shock protein 90 as a potential drug target against surra,” Parasitology, vol. 141, no. 9, pp. 1148–1155, 2014.
- Frédéric Baldacchino, Marc Desquesnes, Steve Mihok, Lane D. Foil, Gérard Duvallet, and Sathaporn Jittapalapong, “Tabanids: neglected subjects of research, but important vectors of disease agents!,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 2014.
- M. S. Bal, Amrita Sharma, Ashuma Ashuma, Balwinder Kaur Batth, P. Kaur, and L. D. Singla, “Detection And Management Of Latent Infection Of Trypanosoma Evansi In A Cattle Herd,” Indian Journal of Animal Research, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 31–37, 2014.