- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 194176, 22 pages
Trypanosoma evansi and Surra: A Review and Perspectives on Origin, History, Distribution, Taxonomy, Morphology, Hosts, and Pathogenic Effects
1Cirad-Bios, UMR-InterTryp, Montpellier 34000, France
2Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kasetsart University, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
3Center for Parasitic Organisms, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
4Central Mindanao University, Mindanao, Philippines
Received 28 April 2013; Accepted 5 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jude M. Przyborski
Copyright © 2013 Marc Desquesnes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Marc Desquesnes, Alan Dargantes, De-Hua Lai, Zhao-Rong Lun, Philippe Holzmuller, and Sathaporn Jittapalapong, “Trypanosoma evansi and Surra: A Review and Perspectives on Transmission, Epidemiology and Control, Impact, and Zoonotic Aspects,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–20, 2013.
- Alain Beschin, Jan Van Den Abbeele, Patrick De Baetselier, and Etienne Pays, “African trypanosome control in the insect vector and mammalian host,” Trends in Parasitology, 2014.
- S. Rogé, R. Baelmans, F. Claes, V. Lejon, Y. Guisez, D. Jacquet, and P. Büscher, “Development of a latex agglutination test with recombinant variant surface glycoprotein for serodiagnosis of surra,” Veterinary Parasitology, 2014.
- Ankit K. Rochani, Chandan Mithra, Meetali Singh, and Utpal Tatu, “Heat shock protein 90 as a potential drug target against surra,” Parasitology, vol. 141, no. 9, pp. 1148–1155, 2014.
- Frédéric Baldacchino, Marc Desquesnes, Steve Mihok, Lane D. Foil, Gérard Duvallet, and Sathaporn Jittapalapong, “Tabanids: neglected subjects of research, but important vectors of disease agents!,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 2014.
- M. S. Bal, Amrita Sharma, Ashuma Ashuma, Balwinder Kaur Batth, P. Kaur, and L. D. Singla, “Detection And Management Of Latent Infection Of Trypanosoma Evansi In A Cattle Herd,” Indian Journal of Animal Research, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 31–37, 2014.
- Matheus Dellaméa Baldissera, Nathieli Bianchin Bottari, Thirssa Helena Grando, Roberto Christ Vianna Santos, Ana Júlia Figueiró Dalcin, Patrícia Gomes, Renata Platcheck Raffin, Carine Eloise Prestes Zimmerman, Janio Morais Santurio, Silvia Gonzalez Monteiro, and Aleksandro Schafer Da Silva, “In vitro and in vivo trypanocidal action of aescin and aescin liposomes against Trypanosoma evansi in experimental mice,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 947–951, 2014.
- Christopher Merritt, Lisseth E. Silva, Angela L. Tanner, Kenneth Stuart, and Michael P. Pollastri, “Kinases as Druggable Targets in Trypanosomatid Protozoan Parasites,” Chemical Reviews, pp. 141007132034001, 2014.
- Paulo Henrique Exterchoter Weiss, Franciane Batista, Glauber Wagner, Maria de Lourdes Borba Magalhães, and Luiz Claudio Miletti, “Kinetic and biochemical characterization of Trypanosoma evansi nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase,” Experimental Parasitology, vol. 153, pp. 98–104, 2015.
- Hadush Birhanu, Stijn Rogé, Thomas Simon, Rudy Baelmans, Tadesse Gebrehiwot, Bruno Maria Goddeeris, and Philippe Büscher, “Surra Sero K-SeT, a new immunochromatographic test for serodiagnosis of Trypanosoma evansi infection in domestic animals,” Veterinary Parasitology, 2015.
- Hadush Birhanu, Regassa Fikru, Mussa Said, Weldu Kidane, Tadesse Gebrehiwot, Ashenafi Hagos, Tola Alemu, Tesfaye Dawit, Dirk Berkvens, Bruno Maria Goddeeris, and Philippe Buscher, “Epidemiology of Trypanosoma evansi and Trypanosoma vivax in domestic animals from selected districts of Tigray and Afar regions, Northern Ethiopia,” Parasites & Vectors, vol. 8, 2015.
- Jane C. Munday, Luca Settimo, and Harry P. de Koning, “Transport proteins determine drug sensitivity and resistance in a protozoan parasite, Trypanosoma brucei,” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Naoaki Yokoyama, Thillaiampalam Sivakumar, Shintaro Fukushi, Muncharee Tattiyapong, Bumduuren Tuvshintulga, Hemal Kothalawala, Seekkuge Susil Priyantha Silva, Ikuo Igarashi, and Noboru Inoue, “Genetic diversity in Trypanosoma theileri from Sri Lankan cattle and water buffaloes,” Veterinary Parasitology, vol. 207, no. 3-4, pp. 335–341, 2015.
- Peter Mitchell, “Did disease constrain the spread of domestic dogs (Canis familiaris) into Sub-Saharan Africa?,” Azania-Archaeological Research In Africa, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 92–135, 2015.
- Arthur Kocher, Marc Desquesnes, Ketsarin Kamyingkird, Sarawut Yangtara, Emilye Leboucher, Pranee Rodtian, Alan Dargantes, and Sathaporn Jittapalapong, “ Evaluation of an Indirect-ELISA Test for Trypanosoma evansi Infection (Surra) in Buffaloes and Its Application to a Serological Survey in Thailand ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–8, 2015.