- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 197398, 12 pages
Design Expert Supported Mathematical Optimization and Predictability Study of Buccoadhesive Pharmaceutical Wafers of Loratadine
1Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, West Bengal University of Technology, B.R.B. Sarani, Durgapur, West Bengal 713212, India
2College of Pharmacy, Roseman University of Health Sciences, 11 Sunset Way, Henderson, NV 89052, USA
3S. Bhagwan Singh PG Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Research, Balawala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001, India
4School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, IFTM University, Lodhipur Rajput, Delhi Road (NH-24), Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh 244 102, India
Received 4 April 2013; Accepted 2 May 2013
Academic Editor: Yoshinori Onuki
Copyright © 2013 Prithviraj Chakraborty et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Saigal, S. Baboota, A. Ahuja, and J. Ali, “Fast-dissolving intra-oral drug delivery systems,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 769–781, 2008.
- A. J. Hoogstraate, J. C. Verhoef, B. Tuk et al., “Buccal delivery of fluorescein isothiocyanate-dextran 4400 and the peptide drug buserelin with glycodeoxycholate as an absorption enhancer in pigs,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 41, no. 1-2, pp. 77–84, 1996.
- M. K. Dhiman, P. D. Yedurkar, and K. K. Sawant, “Buccal bioadhesive delivery system of 5-fluorouracil: optimization and characterization,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 761–770, 2008.
- K. Tsutsumi, Y. Obata, T. Nagai, T. Loftsson, and K. Takayama, “Buccal absorption of ergotamine tartrate using the bioadhesive tablet system in guinea-pigs,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 238, no. 1-2, pp. 161–170, 2002.
- F. Estelle and R. Simons, “Comparative pharmacology of H1 antihistamines: clinical relevance,” The American Journal of Medicine, vol. 113, pp. 38–46, 2002.
- L. Noehr-Jensen, P. Damkier, T. B. Bidstrup, R. S. Pedersen, F. Nielsen, and K. Brosen, “The relative bioavailability of loratadine administered as a chewing gum formulation in healthy volunteers,” European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 437–445, 2006.
- S. Bouckaert, D. L. Massart, B. Massart, and J. P. Rremon, “Optimization of a granulation procedure for a hydrophilic matrix tablet design,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 321–327, 1996.
- Y. B. Huang, Y. H. Tsai, W. C. Yang, J. S. Chang, and P. C. Wu, “Optimization of sustained-release propranolol dosage form using factorial design and response surface methodology,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1626–1629, 2004.
- B. Singh and N. Ahuja, “Development of controlled-release buccoadhesive hydrophilic matrices of Diltiazem hydrochloride: optimization of bioadhesion, dissolution, and diffusion parameters,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 431–442, 2002.
- J. Vandervoort and A. Ludwig, “Preparation factors affecting the properties of polylactide nanoparticles: a factorial design study,” Pharmazie, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 484–488, 2001.
- K. B. Liew, Y. T. Tan, and K. K. Peh, “Characterization of oral disintegrating film containing donepezil for Alzheimer disease,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 134–142, 2012.
- P. Chakraborty, V. Parcha, D. D. Chakraborty, I. Chanda, and A. Ghosh A, “Mathematical optimization and characterisation of pharmaceutically developed novel buccoadhesive wafers for rapid bioactive delivery of loratadine,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 133–143, 2013.
- E. M. Hoffmann, A. Breitenbach, and J. Breitkreutz, “Advances in orodispersible film for drug delivery,” Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 299–316, 2011.
- N. A. Nafee, N. A. Boraie, F. A. Ismail, and L. M. Mortada, “Design and characterization of mucoadhesive buccal patches containing cetylpyridinium chloride,” Acta Pharmaceutica, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 199–212, 2003.
- N. A. Nafee, F. A. Ismail, N. A. Boraie, and L. M. Mortada, “Mucoadhesive buccal patches of miconazole nitrate: in vitro/in vivo performance and effect of ageing,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 264, no. 1-2, pp. 1–14, 2003.
- D. A. El-Setouhy and N. S. A. El-Malak, “Formulation of a novel tianeptine sodium orodispersible film,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1018–1025, 2010.
- F. J. Ahmad, M. A. Alam, Z. I. Khan, R. K. Khar, and M. Ali, “Development and in vitro evaluation of an acid buffering bioadhesive vaginal gel for mixed vaginal infections,” Acta Pharmaceutica, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 407–419, 2008.
- N. Hassan, M. Ali, and J. Ali, “Novel buccal adhesive system for anti-hypertensive agent nimodipine,” Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 124–130, 2010.
- A. N. El Meshad and A. S. El Hagrasy, “Characterization and optimization of orodispersible mosapride film formulations,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1384–1392, 2011.
- A. Madgulkar, M. Bhalekar, and M. Swami, “In vitro and in vivo studies on chitosan beads of losartan duolite AP143 complex, optimized by using statistical experimental design,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 743–751, 2009.
- W. Kemp, Organic Spectroscopy, Replika Press Private Limited, 3rd edition, 2009.
- D. M. Raut, R. Allada, K. V. Pavan, et al., “Dehydration of lactose monohydrate: analytical and physical characterization,” Der Pharmacia Lettre, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 202–212, 2011.
- A. El-Kamel, M. Sokar, V. Naggar, and S. Al Gamal, “Chitosan and sodium alginate-based bioadhesive vaginal tablets,” AAPS PharmSci, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1–7, 2002.
- B. K. Sahoo, A. K. Mishra, and T. K. Pal, “Optimization and validation of modulated release formulation of ranitidine HCl by response surface methodology,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 13–18, 2011.