- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 197925, 11 pages
New Optical Methods for Liveness Detection on Fingers
1Faculty of Information Technology, Brno University of Technology, Bozetechova 2, 61266 Brno, Czech Republic
2Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Faculty of Medicine, St. Anne’s University Hospital, Masaryk University, Kamenice 753/5, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
3Department of Computer Engineering, Dongguk University at Gyeongju Gyeongbuk, Sekjang-Dong, Gyeong Ju, Gyeongsangbuk-do 780-714, Republic of Korea
4Department of Statistics and Information Science, Dongguk University at Gyeongju Gyeongbuk, Sekjang-Dong, Gyeong Ju, Gyeongsangbuk-do 780-714, Republic of Korea
Received 4 July 2013; Revised 14 August 2013; Accepted 14 August 2013
Academic Editor: Tai-hoon Kim
Copyright © 2013 Martin Drahansky et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Říha and V. Matyáš, Biometric Authentication Systems, Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, 2000.
- M. Sandström, Liveness Detection in Fingerprint Recognition Systems [Diploma thesis], Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden, 2004.
- M. Drahanský, R. Nötzel, and K. W. Bonfig, Sensoren zur Fingerabdruckerkennung, bQuadrat, Germany, 2004.
- M. Drahanský, Fingerprint recognition technology: liveness detection, image quality and skin diseases [Habilitation thesis], Brno, Czech Republic, 2010.
- P. D. Wasserman, Solid-State Fingerprint Scanners, Presentation, NIST, 2005.
- C. M. Oddo, L. Beccai, M. Felder, F. Giovacchini, and M. C. Carrozza, “Artificial roughness encoding with a bio-inspired MEMS-based tactile sensor array,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 3161–3183, 2009.
- M. Drahanský, “Liveness detection in biometrics,” in Advances Biometric Technologies, 2011.
- T. Matsumoto, H. Matsumoto, K. Yamada, and S. Hoshino, “Impact of artificial “gummy” fingers on fingerprint systems,” in Optical Security and Counterfeit Deterrence Techniques IV, Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 275–289, January 2002.
- C. Roberts, “Biometric attack vectors and defences,” Computers and Security, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 14–25, 2007.
- M. Kluz, Liveness testing in biometric systems [M.S. thesis], Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk Universit, Brno, Czech Republic, 2005.
- R. Seshadri and Y. K. Avulapati, “Concealing the level-3 features of fingerprint in a facial image,” International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 2742–2744, 2010.
- K. Zebbiche and F. Khelifi, “Region-based watermarking of biometric images: case study in fingerprint images,” International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting, vol. 2008, Article ID 492942, 13 pages, 2008.
- J. G. Pak and K. H. Park, “Advanced pulse oximetry system for remote monitoring and management,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 930582, 8 pages, 2012.
- Y. An, “Security analysis and enhancement of an effective biometric-based remote user authentication scheme using smart cards,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 519723, 6 pages, 2012.
- Fingerprint Verification Competition 2002, 2004, 2006, http://bias.csr.unibo.it/fvc2002/.
- M. Drahanský, W. Funk, and R. Nötzel, “Liveness detection based on fine movements of the fingertip surface,” in Proceedings of the IEEE West Point Workshop, pp. 42–47, West Point, NY, USA, 2006.
- http://www.panasonic-electric-works.com/peweu/en/html/lm10.php .
- A. Chaudhari and P. J. Deore, “Spoof attack detection in fingerprint biometric system using histogram features,” World Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 2, no. 4, 2012.
- M. Hariri and S. B. Shokouhi, “Robustness of multi-biometric authentication systems against spoofing,” Journal of Computer and Information Science, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 77–86, 2012.
- T. K. Neela and K. S. Kahlon, “A framework for authentication using fingerprint and electroencephalogram as biometrics modalities,” International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research, vol. 1, no. 1, 2012.
- IBG, Liveness Detection in Biometric Systems, International Biometric Group, 2008, http://www.biometricgroup.com/.
- A. K. Jain, Biometric System Security, Michigan State University, 2005.
- B. G. Warwante and S. A. Maske, “Wavelet based fingerprint liveness detection,” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 1643–1645, 2012.
- R. C. Puffer and F. Kallmes, “Importance of continuous pulse oximetry of the ipsilateral thumb/index finger during transradial angiography,” Case Reports in Anesthesiology, vol. 2011, Article ID 653625, 3 pages, 2011.
- M. Drahanský, W. Funk, and R. Nötzel, “Method and Apparatus for Detecting Biometric Features,” International PCT Patent, pub. no. WO/2007/036370, no. PCT/EP2006/009533, 2007, http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=2007036370&IA=WO2007036370&DISPLAY=STATUS.
- D. Lodrová, Security of biometric systems [Dissertation thesis], FIT BUT, Brno, Czech Republic, 2013.
- B. Schneier, “Safe Personal Computing,” Crypto-gram, Counterpane, Internet Security, 2001, http://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-0105.html.
- A. T. Shäfer, “Colour measurements of pallor mortis,” International Journal of Legal Medicine, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 81–83, 1999.
- T. Malý, Detection of finger liveness using illumination with different wavelengths [Diploma thesis], FIT BUT, Brno, Czech Republic, 2013.
- C. M. Bishop, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning, Springer Science Business Media, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- T. P. Habif, Clinical Dermatology, Mosby, 4th edition, 2004.
- K. Wolff, R. A. Johnson, and D. Suurmond, Fitzpatrick’s Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, McGraw-Hill, 5th edition, 2005.
- J. Štork, L. Lacina, and O. Kodet, Dermatovenerologie, Galén, Prague, Czech Republic, 2008.
- N. Solak Tekin, I. O. Tekin, F. Barut, and E. Yilmaz Sipahi, “Accumulation of oxidized low-density lipoprotein in psoriatic skin and changes of plasma lipid levels in psoriatic patients,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2007, Article ID 78454, 5 pages, 2007.
- W. D. James, T. G. Berger, and D. M. Elston, Andrew’s Diseases of the Skin—Clinical Dermatology, Saunders Elsevier, 10th edition, 2006.
- M. Y. Z. Lau, J. A. Burgess, R. Nixon, S. C. Dharmage, and M. C. Matheson, “A review of the impact of occupational contact dermatitis in quality of life,” Journal of Allergy, vol. 2011, Article ID 964509, 12 pages, 2011.
- M. S. Jeong, S. E. Choi, J. Y. Kim et al., “Atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions reduced by topical application and intraperitoneal injection of hirsutenone in NC/Nga mice,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2010, Article ID 618517, 7 pages, 2010.