- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 206525, 7 pages
Prognostic Value of Combined Aquaporin 3 and Aquaporin 5 Overexpression in Hepatocellular Carcinoma
1302 Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100039, China
2Navy General Hospital, Beijing 100048, China
Received 11 May 2013; Revised 29 August 2013; Accepted 2 September 2013
Academic Editor: Koichiro Wada
Copyright © 2013 Xiaodong Guo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Dhir, E. R. Lyden, L. M. Smith, and C. Are, “Comparison of outcomes of transplantation and resection in patients with early hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta-analysis,” HPB, vol. 14, pp. 635–645, 2012.
- A. X. Zhu, “Molecularly targeted therapy for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma in 2012: current status and future perspectives,” Seminars in Oncology, vol. 39, pp. 493–502, 2012.
- S. Tanaka and S. Arii, “Molecular targeted therapies in hepatocellular carcinoma,” Seminars in Oncology, vol. 39, pp. 486–492, 2012.
- V. J. Huber, M. Tsujita, and T. Nakada, “Aquaporins in drug discovery and pharmacotherapy,” Molecular Aspects of Medicine, vol. 33, pp. 691–703, 2012.
- A. S. Verkman, “Aquaporins in clinical medicine,” Annual Review of Medicine, vol. 63, pp. 303–316, 2012.
- A. S. Verkman, “Aquaporins at a glance,” Journal of Cell Science, vol. 124, no. 13, pp. 2107–2112, 2011.
- P. R. Mazal, M. Susani, F. Wrba, and A. Haitel, “Diagnostic significance of aquaporin-1 in liver tumors,” Human Pathology, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 1226–1231, 2005.
- S. Padma, A. M. Smeltz, P. M. Banks, D. A. Iannitti, and I. H. McKillop, “Altered aquaporin 9 expression and localization in human hepatocellular carcinoma,” HPB, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 66–74, 2009.
- E. M. Jablonski, M. A. Mattocks, E. Sokolov et al., “Decreased aquaporin expression leads to increased resistance to apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma,” Cancer Letters, vol. 250, no. 1, pp. 36–46, 2007.
- M. Hara-Chikuma and A. S. Verkman, “Aquaporin-3 functions as a glycerol transporter in mammalian skin,” Biology of the Cell, vol. 97, no. 7, pp. 479–486, 2005.
- R. Inoue, E. Sohara, T. Rai et al., “Immunolocalization and translocation of aquaporin-5 water channel in sweat glands,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 70, pp. 26–33, 2013.
- T. Matsuzaki, T. Susa, K. Shimizu et al., “Function of the membrane water channel aquaporin-5 in the salivary gland,” Acta Histochemica et Cytochemica, vol. 45, pp. 251–259, 2012.
- X. Guo, L. Xiong, L. Zou, and J. Zhao, “Upregulation of bone morphogenetic protein 4 is associated with poor prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma,” Pathology and Oncology Research, vol. 18, pp. 635–640, 2012.
- X. Guo, L. Xiong, T. Sun et al., “Expression features of SOX9 associate with tumor progression and poor prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma,” Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 7, article 44, 2012.
- X. Guo, L. Xiong, L. Zou et al., “L1 cell adhesion molecule overexpression in hepatocellular carcinoma associates with advanced tumor progression and poor patient survival,” Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 7, article 96, 2012.
- C. Hachez and F. Chaumont, “Aquaporins: a family of highly regulated multifunctional channels,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, vol. 679, pp. 1–17, 2010.
- S. Ishimoto, K. Wada, Y. Usami et al., “Differential expression of aquaporin 5 and aquaporin 3 in squamous cell carcinoma and adenoid cystic carcinoma,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 41, pp. 67–75, 2012.
- M. Kusayama, K. Wada, M. Nagata et al., “Critical role of aquaporin 3 on growth of human esophageal and oral squamous cell carcinoma,” Cancer Science, vol. 102, no. 6, pp. 1128–1136, 2011.
- S. Sekine, Y. Shimada, T. Nagata et al., “Prognostic significance of aquaporins in human biliary tract carcinoma,” Oncology Reports, vol. 27, pp. 1741–1747, 2012.
- K. K. Sung, K. C. Young, J. Woo et al., “Role of human aquaporin 5 in colorectal carcinogenesis,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 518–525, 2008.
- Z.-Q. Zhang, Z.-X. Zhu, C.-X. Bai, and Z.-H. Chen, “Aquaporin 5 expression increases mucin production in lung adenocarcinoma,” Oncology Reports, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1645–1650, 2011.
- T. Watanabe, T. Fujii, T. Oya et al., “Involvement of aquaporin-5 in differentiation of human gastric cancer cells,” Journal of Physiological Sciences, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 113–122, 2009.
- J.-H. Yang, Y.-F. Shi, Q. Cheng, and L. Deng, “Expression and localization of aquaporin-5 in the epithelial ovarian tumors,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 294–299, 2006.
- A. Li, D. Lu, Y. Zhang et al., “Critical role of aquaporin-3 in epidermal growth factor-induced migration of colorectal carcinoma cells and its clinical significance,” Oncology Reports, vol. 29, pp. 535–540, 2013.
- W. Otto, P. C. Rubenwolf, M. Burger et al., “Loss of aquaporin 3 protein expression constitutes an independent prognostic factor for progression-free survival: an immunohistochemical study on stage pT1 urothelial bladder cancer,” BMC Cancer, vol. 12, article 459, 2012.