- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 212315, 9 pages
An Effective Degumming Enzyme from Bacillus sp. Y1 and Synergistic Action of Hydrogen Peroxide and Protease on Enzymatic Degumming of Ramie Fibers
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250100, China
Received 15 November 2012; Accepted 12 February 2013
Academic Editor: Suraini Abd-Aziz
Copyright © 2013 Fenfen Guo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Wang, D. Peng, L. Liu, Z. Sun, N. Zhang, and S. Gao, “An efficient adventitious shoot regeneration system for ramie (Boehmeria nivea Gaud) using thidiazuron,” Botanical Studies, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 173–180, 2007.
- J. Chen, J. Yi, P. Sun, Z. T. Liu, and Z. W. Liu, “Grafting from ramie fiber with poly(MMA) or poly(MA) via reversible addition-fragmentation chain transfer polymerization,” Cellulose, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1133–1145, 2009.
- L. Zheng, Y. Du, and J. Zhang, “Degumming of ramie fibers by alkalophilic bacteria and their polysaccharide-degrading enzymes,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 89–94, 2001.
- F. Brühlmann, M. Leupin, K. H. Erismann, and A. Fiechter, “Enzymatic degumming of ramie bast fibers,” Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 43–50, 2000.
- M. Kapoor, Q. K. Beg, B. Bhushan, K. Singh, K. S. Dadhich, and G. S. Hoondal, “Application of an alkaline and thermostable polygalacturonase from Bacillus sp. MG-cp-2 in degumming of ramie (Boehmeria nivea) and sunn hemp (Crotalaria juncea) bast fibres,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 36, no. 8-9, pp. 803–807, 2001.
- F. Bruhlmann, Kwi Suk Kim, W. Zimmerman, and A. Fiechter, “Pectinolytic enzymes from actinomycetes for the degumming of ramie bast fibers,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 2107–2112, 1994.
- L. Xiao, G. X. Wang, and G. J. Chen, “The research advancement of the enzymatic degumming of ramie (Boehmeria nivea): a review,” The Journal of Microbiology, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 101–105, 2004.
- R. E. Brooks and S. B. Moore, “Alkaline hydrogen peroxide bleaching of cellulose,” Cellulose, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 263–286, 2000.
- N. A. Ibrahim, M. El-Hossamy, M. M. Hashem, R. Refai, and B. M. Eid, “Novel pre-treatment processes to promote linen-containing fabrics properties,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 880–891, 2008.
- J. Zhao, X. Li, Y. Qu, and P. Gao, “Xylanase pretreatment leads to enhanced soda pulping of wheat straw,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 734–740, 2002.
- Y. Wang, Z. Wang, G. Du et al., “Enhancement of alkaline polygalacturonate lyase production in recombinant Pichia pastoris according to the ratio of methanol to cell concentration,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 1343–1349, 2009.
- E. Nakkeeran, M. K. Gowthaman, S. Umesh-Kumar, and R. Subramanian, “Techno-economic analysis of processes for Aspergillus carbonarius polygalacturonase production,” Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. 634–640, 2012.
- I. Helianti, N. Nurhayati, M. Ulfah, B. Wahyuntari, and S. Setyahadi, “Constitutive high level expression of an endoxylanase gene from the newly isolated Bacillus subtilis AQ1 in Escherichia coli,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2010, Article ID 980567, 12 pages, 2010.
- Y. Wang, P. Shi, H. Luo et al., “Cloning, over-expression and characterization of an alkali-tolerant endo-β-1,4-mannanase from Penicillium freii F63,” Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, vol. 113, no. 6, pp. 710–714, 2012.
- K. Liu, X. Lin, J. Yue et al., “High concentration ethanol production from corncob residues by fed-batch strategy,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 101, no. 13, pp. 4952–4958, 2010.
- G. L. Miller, “Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugar,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 426–428, 1959.
- J. Trisina, F. Sunardi, M. T. Suhartono, and R. R. Tjandrawinata, “DLBS1033, a protein extract from lumbricus rubellus, possesses antithrombotic and thrombolytic activities,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, Article ID 519652, 7 pages, 2011.
- T. Kobayashi, K. Koike, T. Yoshimatsu et al., “Purification and properties of a low-molecular-weight, high-alkaline pectate lyase from an alkaliphilic strain of Bacillus,” Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 65–72, 1999.
- S. Nasuno and M. P. Starr, “Polygalacturonic acid trans-eliminase of Xanthomonas campestris,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 178–185, 1967.
- B. A. Davé and R. H. Vaughn, “Purification and properties of an polygalacturonic acid trans-eliminase produced by Bacillus pumilus,” Journal of Bacteriology, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 166–174, 1971.
- P. Magro, L. Varvaro, G. Chilosi, C. Avanzo, and G. M. Balestra, “Pectolytic enzymes produced by Pseudomonas syringae pv. Glycinea,” FEMS Microbiology Letters, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 1994.
- P. Chim-Anage and N. Romsomsa, “Optimized conditions for silk degumming protease production from Bacillus sp. by response surface methodology: an abstract,” Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, vol. 108, pp. S114–S134, 2009.
- A. D. Eckard, K. Muthukumarappan, and W. Gibbons, “Analysis of casein biopolymers adsorption to lignocellulosic biomass as a potential cellulase stabilizer,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 745181, 11 pages, 2012.
- A. Carrillo-López, A. Cruz-Hernández, A. Cárabez-Trejo, F. Guevara-Lara, and O. Paredes-López, “Hydrolytic activity and ultrastructural changes in fruit skins from two prickly pear (Opuntia sp.) varieties during storage,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1681–1685, 2002.
- A. R. Kirby, A. J. MacDougall, and V. J. Morris, “Sugar beet pectin-protein complexes,” Food Biophysics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 51–56, 2006.