- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 213109, 6 pages
Comparison of International Normalized Ratio Measurement between CoaguChek XS Plus and STA-R Coagulation Analyzers
1Department of Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine and Konkuk University Hospital, Konkuk University, 120-1 Neungdong-ro, Hwayang-dong, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul 143-729, Republic of Korea
2Italian Society of Clinical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rome, Italy
Received 22 August 2012; Accepted 10 October 2012
Academic Editor: Andrew St. John
Copyright © 2013 Mina Hur et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Hirsh, J. E. Dalen, D. R. Anderson et al., “Oral anticoagulants: mechanism of action, clinical effectiveness, and optimal therapeutic range,” Chest, vol. 114, no. 5, supplement, pp. 445S–469S, 1998.
- J. R. Petersen, H. M. Vonmarensdorf, H. L. Weiss, and M. T. Elghetany, “Use of error grid analysis to evaluate acceptability of a point of care prothrombin time meter,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 411, no. 3-4, pp. 131–134, 2010.
- A. Holbrook, S. Schulman, D. M. Witt et al., “Evidence-based management of anticoagulant therapy: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines,” Chest, vol. 141, no. 2, supplement, pp. e152S–e184S, 2012.
- R. Loebstein, D. Kurnik, A. Lubetsky, D. Ezra, and H. Halkin, “Potential dosing errors using portable prothrombin time monitoring devices,” Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 479–483, 2003.
- R. D. McBane II, C. L. Felty, M. L. Hartgers, R. Chaudhry, L. K. Beyer, and P. J. Santrach, “Importance of device evaluation for point-of-care prothrombin time international normalized ratio testing programs,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 181–186, 2005.
- G. W. Moore, A. Henley, S. S. Cotton, S. Tugnait, and S. Rangarajan, “Clinically significant differences between point-of-care analysers and a standard analyser for monitoring the international normalized ratio in oral anticoagulant therapy: a multi-instrument evaluation in a hospital outpatient setting,” Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 287–292, 2007.
- A. Gialamas, A. St John, C. O. Laurence, and T. K. Bubner, “Point-of-care testing for patients with diabetes, hyperlipidaemia or coagulation disorders in the general practice setting: a systematic review,” Family Practice, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 2010.
- J. E. Ansell and K. E. Leaning, Eds., Capillary Whole Blood Prothrombin Time Monitoring: Instrumentation and Methodologies, Aspen, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- W. Ageno, A. S. Gallus , A. Wittkowsky, M. Crowther, E. M. Hylek, and G Palareti, “American college of chest physicians. Oral anticoagulant therapy: antithrombotic therapy and prevention of thrombosis, 9th ed: american college of chest physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines,” Chest, vol. 141, no. 2, supplement, pp. e44S–e88S, 2012.
- M. Donaldson, J. Sullivan, and A. Norbeck, “Comparison of international normalized ratios provided by two point-of-care devices and laboratory-based venipuncture in a pharmacist-managed anticoagulation clinic,” American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, vol. 67, no. 19, pp. 1616–1622, 2010.
- T. D. Christensen and T. B. Larsen, “Precision and accuracy of point-of-care testing coagulometers used for self-testing and self-management of oral anticoagulation therapy,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 251–260, 2012.
- C. Heneghan, A. Ward, R. Perera , et al., “Self-monitoring of oral anticoagulation: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data,” The Lancet, vol. 379, no. 9813, pp. 322–334, 2012.
- A. Deom, G. Reber, D. A. Tsakiris, F. M. Hannes, and W. Plesch, “Evaluation of the CoaguChek XS plus system in a swiss community setting,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 101, no. 5, pp. 988–990, 2009.
- N. Urwyler, L. P. Staub, D. Beran et al., “Is perioperative point-of-care prothrombin time testing accurate compared to the standard laboratory test?” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 779–786, 2009.
- A. Celenza and K. Skinner, “Comparison of emergency department point-of-care international normalised ratio (INR) testing with laboratory-based testing,” Emergency Medicine Journal, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 136–140, 2011.
- A. S. Lawrie, J. Hills, I. Longair, et al., “The clinical significance of differences between point-of-care and laboratory INR methods in over-anticoagulated patients,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 110–114, 2012.
- N. Urwyler, E. Staub, L. P. Staub, et al., “Point-of-care prothrombin time testing in paediatric intensive care: an observational study of the ease of use of two devices,” European Journal of Anaesthesiology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 75–81, 2012.
- C. R. Shiach, B. Campbell, L. Poller, M. Keown, and N. Chauhan, “Reliability of point-of-care prothrombin time testing in a community clinic: a randomized crossover comparison with hospital laboratory testing,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 119, no. 2, pp. 370–375, 2002.