- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 213972, 8 pages
Metabolomic Analysis of Differential Changes in Metabolites during ATP Oscillations in Chondrogenesis
1Department of Physical Therapy, College of Health Science, Eulji University, Gyeonggi 461-713, Republic of Korea
2National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Biomedical Research Institute, Tsukuba 305-8566, Japan
Received 18 April 2013; Accepted 30 May 2013
Academic Editor: Andrei Surguchov
Copyright © 2013 Hyuck Joon Kwon and Yoshihiro Ohmiya. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. V. Mariani and G. R. Martin, “Deciphering skeletal patterning: clues from the limb,” Nature, vol. 423, no. 6937, pp. 319–325, 2003.
- H. J. Kwon, Y. Ohmiya, K.-I. Honma et al., “Synchronized ATP oscillations have a critical role in prechondrogenic condensation during chondrogenesis,” Cell Death and Disease, vol. 3, no. 3, article e278, 2012.
- H. J. Kwon, “TGF-β but not BMP signaling induces prechondrogenic condensation through ATP oscillations during chondrogenesis,” And Biophysical Research Communication, vol. 424, no. 4, pp. 793–800, 2012.
- H. J. Kwon, “ATP oscillations mediate inductive action of FGF and Shh signalling on prechondrogenic condensation,” Cell Biochemistry and Function, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 75–81, 2013.
- H. J. Kwon, “Extracellular ATP signaling via P2X4 receptor and cAMP/PKA signaling mediate ATP oscillations essential for prechondrogenic condensation,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 214, no. 3, pp. 337–348, 2012.
- O. Fiehn, “Metabolomics—the link between genotypes and phenotypes,” Plant Molecular Biology, vol. 48, no. 1-2, pp. 155–171, 2002.
- W. R. Wikoff, G. Pendyala, G. Siuzdak, and H. S. Fox, “Metabolomic analysis of the cerebrospinal fluid reveals changes in phospholipase expression in the CNS of SIV-infected macaques,” The Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 118, no. 7, pp. 2661–2669, 2008.
- H. J. Atherton, M. K. Gulston, N. J. Bailey et al., “Metabolomics of the interaction between PPAR-α and age in the PPAR-α-null mouse,” Molecular Systems Biology, vol. 5, article 259, 2009.
- M. G. Barderas, C. M. Laborde, M. Posada et al., “Metabolomic profiling for identification of novel potential biomarkers in cardiovascular diseases,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, Article ID 790132, 9 pages, 2011.
- O. Fiehn, J. Kopka, P. Dörmann, T. Altmann, R. N. Trethewey, and L. Willmitzer, “Metabolite profiling for plant functional genomics,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1157–1161, 2000.
- T. Soga and D. N. Neiger, “Amino acid analysis by capillary electrophoresis electrospray ionization mass spectrometry,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 1236–1241, 2000.
- T. Soga, Y. Ueno, H. Naraoka, Y. Ohashi, M. Tomita, and T. Nishioka, “Simultaneous determination of anionic intermediates for Bacillus subtilis metabolic pathways by capillary electrophoresis electrospray ionization mass spectrometry,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 74, no. 10, pp. 2233–2239, 2002.
- T. Soga, Y. Ueno, H. Naraoka, K. Matsuda, M. Tomita, and T. Nishioka, “Pressure-assisted capillary electrophoresis electrospray ionization mass spectrometry for analysis of multivalent anions,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 74, no. 24, pp. 6224–6229, 2002.
- P. Cao and M. Moini, “Analysis of peptides, proteins, protein digests, and whole human blood by capillary electrophoresis/electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry using an in-capillary electrode sheathless interface,” Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1081–1088, 1998.
- S. K. Johnson, L. L. Houk, D. C. Johnson, and R. S. Houk, “Determination of small carboxylic acids by capillary electrophoresis with electrospray-mass spectrometry,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 389, no. 1–3, pp. 1–8, 1999.
- C. Shukunami, C. Shigeno, T. Atsumi, K. Ishizeki, F. Suzuki, and Y. Hiraki, “Chondrogenic differentiation of clonal mouse embryonic cell line ATDC5 in vitro: differentiation-dependent gene expression of parathyroid hormone (PTH)/PTH-related peptide receptor,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 457–468, 1996.
- E. Heart, G. C. Yaney, R. F. Corkey et al., “Ca2+, NAD(P)H and membrane potential changes in pancreatic β-cells by methyl succinate: comparison with glucose,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 403, no. 1, pp. 197–205, 2007.
- A. Z. Andersen, A. K. Poulsen, J. C. Brasen, and L. F. Olsen, “On-line measurements of oscillating mitochondrial membrane potential in glucose-fermenting Saccharomyces cerevisiae,” Yeast, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 731–739, 2007.
- A. K. Poulsen, A. Z. Andersen, J. C. Brasen, A. M. Scharff-Poulsen, and L. F. Olsen, “Probing glycolytic and membrane potential oscillations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae,” Biochemistry, vol. 47, no. 28, pp. 7477–7484, 2008.
- L. F. Olsen, A. Z. Andersen, A. Lunding, J. C. Brasen, and A. K. Poulsen, “Regulation of glycolytic oscillations by mitochondrial and plasma membrane H+-ATPases,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 96, no. 9, pp. 3850–3861, 2009.
- C. J. Rebouche and H. Seim, “Carnitine metabolism and its regulation in microorganisms and mammals,” Annual Review of Nutrition, vol. 18, pp. 39–61, 1998.
- M. A. Schroeder, H. J. Atherton, M. S. Dodd et al., “The cycling of acetyl-coenzyme A through acetylcarnitine buffers cardiac substrate supply: a hyperpolarized 13C magnetic resonance study,” Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 201–209, 2012.
- S. Brunner, K. Kramar, D. T. Denhardt, and R. Hofbauer, “Cloning and characterization of murine carnitine acetyltransferase: evidence for a requirement during cell cycle progression,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 322, no. 2, pp. 403–410, 1997.
- J. E. Silbert and A. C. Reppucci Jr., “Biosynthesis of chondroitin sulfate. Independent addition of glucuronic acid and N acetylgalactosamine to oligosaccharides,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 251, no. 13, pp. 3942–3947, 1976.
- F. Eisenberg Jr., P. G. Dayton, and J. J. Burns, “Studies on the glucuronic acid pathway of glucose metabolism,” The Journal of biological chemistry, vol. 234, no. 2, pp. 250–253, 1959.
- D. Vigetti, M. Ori, M. Viola et al., “Molecular cloning and characterization of UDP-glucose dehydrogenase from the amphibian Xenopus laevis and its involvement in hyaluronan synthesis,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 281, no. 12, pp. 8254–8263, 2006.
- M. Sochor, S. Kunjara, A. L. Greenbaum, and P. McLean, “Changes in pathways of pentose phosphate formation in relation to phosphoribosyl pyrophosphate synthesis in the developing rat kidney. Effects of glucose concentration and electron acceptors,” Journal of Developmental Physiology, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 135–143, 1989.
- H. G. Khorana, J. F. Fernandes, and A. Kornberg, “Pyrophosphorylation of ribose 5-phosphate in the enzymatic synthesis of 5-phosphorylribose 1-pyrophosphate,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 230, no. 2, pp. 941–948, 1958.
- E. A. Milbourne and F. L. Bygrave, “Do nitric oxide and cGMP play a role in calcium cycling?” Cell Calcium, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 207–213, 1995.
- T. D. Bahnson, S. J. Pandol, and V. E. Dionne, “Cyclic GMP modulates depletion-activated Ca2+ entry in pancreatic acinar cells,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 268, no. 15, pp. 10808–10812, 1993.
- E. Clementi, C. Sciorati, and G. Nisticò, “Growth factor-induced Ca2+ responses are differentially modulated by nitric oxide via activation of a cyclic GMP-dependent pathway,” Molecular Pharmacology, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1068–1077, 1995.
- G. R. Boss and R. B. Pilz, “Phosphoribosylpyrophosphate synthesis from glucose decreases during amino acid starvation of human lymphoblasts,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 260, no. 10, pp. 6054–6059, 1985.
- D. E. Matthews, M. A. Marano, and R. G. Campbell, “Splanchnic bed utilization of glutamine and glutamic acid in humans,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 264, no. 6, pp. E848–E854, 1993.
- M. K. Patterson Jr. and G. R. Orr, “Asparagine biosynthesis by the Novikoff Hepatoma isolation, purification, property, and mechanism studies of the enzyme system,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 243, no. 2, pp. 376–380, 1968.
- R. E. Neuman and M. A. Logan, “The determination of hydroxyproline,” The Journal of biological chemistry, vol. 184, no. 1, pp. 299–306, 1950.
- L. Vitagliano, R. Berisio, A. Mastrangelo, L. Mazzarella, and A. Zagari, “Preferred proline puckerings in cis and trans peptide groups: implications for collagen stability,” Protein Science, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 2627–2632, 2001.
- F. W. Kotch, I. A. Guzei, and R. T. Raines, “Stabilization of the collagen triple helix by O-methylation of hydroxyproline residues,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 10, pp. 2952–2953, 2008.