- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 215283, 13 pages
PPAR Activation Induces M1 Macrophage Polarization via cPLA2-COX-2 Inhibition, Activating ROS Production against Leishmania mexicana
Departamento de Infectómica y Patogénesis Molecular, Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Avenida Instituto Politécnico Nacional No. 2508, Colonia San Pedro Zacatenco, Delegación Gustavo A. Madero, 07360 México, DF, Mexico
Received 11 August 2012; Revised 6 December 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jorge Morales-Montor
Copyright © 2013 J. A. Díaz-Gandarilla et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Tomomi Harazaki, Seiya Inoue, Chihiro Imai, Kazuki Mochizuki, and Toshinao Goda, “Resistant starch improves insulin resistance and reduces adipose tissue weight and CD11c expression in rat OLETF adipose tissue,” Nutrition, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 590–595, 2014.
- Alexander Engstrom, Ann Erlandsson, Dick Delbro, and Jonny Wijkander, “Conditioned media from macrophages of M1, but not M2 phenotype, inhibit the proliferation of the colon cancer cell lines HT-29 and CACO-2,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 385–392, 2014.
- Yihua Ma, Yingying Xing, Huiwen Mi, Zhenquan Guo, Yuanyuan Lu, and Tao Xi, “Extraction, preliminary characterization and immunostimulatory activity in vitro of a polysaccharide isolated from Strongylocentrotus nudus eggs,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 111, pp. 576–583, 2014.
- Pedro CecÃlio, BegoÃ±a PÃ©rez-Cabezas, Nuno SantarÃ©m, Joana Maciel, Vasco Rodrigues, and Anabela Cordeiro da Silva, “Deception and Manipulation: The Arms of Leishmania, a Successful Parasite,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Daniel Talamás-Lara, Bibiana Chávez-Munguía, Arturo González-Robles, Patricia Talamás-Rohana, Lizbeth Salazar-Villatoro, Ángel Durán-Díaz, and Adolfo Martínez-Palomo, “Erythrophagocytosis in Entamoeba histolytica and Entamoeba dispar: A Comparative Study,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Matthias Hecker, Aniella Behnk, Rory Edward Morty, Natascha Sommer, István Vadász, Susanne Herold, Werner Seeger, and Konstantin Mayer, “PPAR-α activation reduced LPS-induced inflammation in alveolar epithelial cells,” Experimental Lung Research, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Madhur P. Motwani, and Derek W. Gilroy, “Macrophage development and polarization in chronic inflammation,” Seminars in Immunology, 2015.
- Zili Zhang, Mei Guo, Shifeng Zhao, Wenxuan Xu, Jiangjuan Shao, Feng Zhang, Li Wu, Yin Lu, and Shizhong Zheng, “The update on transcriptional regulation of autophagy in normal and pathologic cells: A novel therapeutic target,” Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 2015.
- Garima Chouhan, Mohammad Islamuddin, Muzamil Y. Want, Hani A. Ozbak, Hassan A. Hemeg, Dinkar Sahal, and Farhat Afrin, “Leishmanicidal Activity of Piper nigrum Bioactive Fractions is Interceded via Apoptosis In Vitro and Substantiated by Th1 Immunostimulatory Potential In Vivo,” Frontiers in Microbiology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Yi Xu, Roberto Romero, Derek Miller, Leena Kadam, Tara N. Mial, Olesya Plazyo, Valeria Garcia-Flores, Sonia S. Hassan, Zhonghui Xu, Adi L. Tarca, Sascha Drewlo, and Nardhy Gomez-Lopez, “An M1-like Macrophage Polarization in Decidual Tissue during Spontaneous Preterm Labor That Is Attenuated by Rosiglitazone Treatment,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 196, no. 6, pp. 2476–2491, 2016.