- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 218970, 10 pages
Repeated Bout Effect Was More Expressed in Young Adult Males Than in Elderly Males and Boys
1Department of Applied Biology and Physiotherapy, Research Centre for Fundamental and Clinical Movement Sciences, Lithuanian Sports University, Sporto 6, 4422 Kaunas, Lithuania
2Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma, Lenox Hill Hospital, 130 East 77th Street, New York, NY 10075, USA
Received 3 September 2012; Revised 12 November 2012; Accepted 10 December 2012
Academic Editor: Giuseppe Spinella
Copyright © 2013 Giedrius Gorianovas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michalis G. Nikolaidis, Antonios Kyparos, Chrysa Spanou, Vassilis Paschalis, Anastasios A. Theodorou, George Panayiotou, Gerasimos V. Grivas, Andreas Zafeiridis, Konstantina Dipla, and Ioannis S. Vrabas, “Aging is not a barrier to muscle and redox adaptations: Applying the repeated eccentric exercise model,” Experimental Gerontology, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 734–743, 2013.
- Trevor C. Chen, Hsin-Lian Chen, Yi-Chuen Liu, and Kazunori Nosaka, “Eccentric exercise-induced muscle damage of pre-adolescent and adolescent boys in comparison to young men,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2014.
- Konstantinos Hatzikotoulas, Dimitrios Patikas, Sébastien Ratel, Eleni Bass, and Christos Kotzamanidis, “Central and Peripheral Fatigability in Boys and Men during Maximal Contraction,” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, pp. 1, 2014.
- F. He, J. A. K. Hockemeyer, and D. Sedlock, “Does Combined Antioxidant Vitamin Supplementation Blunt Repeated Bout Effect?,” International Journal Of Sports Medicine, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 407–413, 2015.
- SÉBastien Ratel, Virginie Kluka, Sebastian Garcia Vicencio, Anne-GaËLle Jegu, Charlotte Cardenoux, CÉDric Morio, Emmanuel Coudeyre, and Vincent Martin, “Insights into the Mechanisms of Neuromuscular Fatigue in Boys and Men,” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2319–2328, 2015.
- Andrew Murray, and Marco Cardinale, “Cold applications for recovery in adolescent athletes: a systematic review and meta analysis,” Extreme Physiology & Medicine, vol. 4, no. 1, 2015.