- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 219407, 14 pages
CADe System Integrated within the Electronic Health Record
1VISILAB Group, E.T.S.I. Industriales, University of Castilla-La Mancha, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
2Department of Radiology, University General Hospital of Ciudad Real, 13005 Ciudad Real, Spain
3Department of Radiology, Hospital of Alcázar de San Juan, 13600 Alcázar de San Juan, Spain
Received 26 April 2013; Accepted 10 August 2013
Academic Editor: Xinghua Lu
Copyright © 2013 Noelia Vállez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Rangayyan, F. J. Ayres, and J. E. Leo Desautels, “A review of computer-aided diagnosis of breast cancer: toward the detection of subtle signs,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 344, no. 3-4, pp. 312–348, 2007.
- D. G. Katehakis, S. G. Sfakianakis, G. Kavlentakis, D. N. Anthoulakis, and M. Tsiknakis, “Delivering a lifelong integrated electronic health record based on a service oriented architecture,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 639–650, 2007.
- H. F. Marin, “Nursing informatics: advances and trends to improve health care quality,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 76, supplement 2, pp. S267–S269, 2007.
- S. N. van der Veer, N. F. de Keizer, A. C. J. Ravelli, S. Tenkink, and K. J. Jager, “Improving quality of care. A systematic review on how medical registries provide information feedback to health care providers,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 305–323, 2010.
- DICOM Standard, http://medical.nema.org.
- S. M. Astley and F. J. Gilbert, “Computer-aided detection in mammography,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 390–399, 2004.
- D. Protti, I. Johansen, and F. Perez-Torres, “Comparing the application of Health Information Technology in primary care in Denmark and Andalucía, Spain,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 270–283, 2009.
- N.-H. T. Trinh, S. J. Youn, J. Sousa et al., “Using electronic medical records to determine the diagnosis of clinical depression,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 80, no. 7, pp. 533–540, 2011.
- M. A. Farsi and D. J. West Jr., “Use of electronic medical records in Oman and physician satisfaction,” Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 2006.
- M. Končar and D. Gvozdanović, “Primary healthcare information system—the cornerstone for the next generation healthcare sector in Republic of Croatia,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 75, no. 3-4, pp. 306–314, 2006.
- A. K. Jha, T. G. Ferris, K. Donelan et al., “How common are electronic health records in the United States? A summary of the evidence,” Health Affairs, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. w496–w507, 2006.
- L. L. Fragidis and P. D. Chatzoglou, “The use of electronic health record in greece: current status,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT '11), pp. 475–480, September 2011.
- S. Abraham, “Technological trends in health care: electronic health record,” Health Care Manager, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 318–323, 2010.
- J. F. Wilson, “Making electronic health records meaningful,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 151, no. 4, pp. 293–296, 2009.
- D. A. Handel and J. L. Hackman, “Implementing electronic health records in the emergency department,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 257–263, 2010.
- B. Jung, “DICOM-X—seamless integration of medical images into the EHR,” in Proceedings of the 18th IEEE Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, pp. 203–207, June 2005.
- P. Marcheschi, A. Mazzarisi, S. Dalmiani, and A. Benassi, “HL7 clinical document architecture to share cardiological images and structured data in next generation infrastructure,” in Proceedings of the Computers in Cardiology, pp. 617–620, September 2004.
- S. Cohen, F. Gilboa, and U. Shani, “PACS and electronic health records,” in Medical Imaging, Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 288–298, February 2002.
- J. Mykkänen, A. Riekkinen, M. Sormunen, H. Karhunen, and P. Laitinen, “Designing web services in health information systems: from process to application level,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 76, no. 2-3, pp. 89–95, 2007.
- V. Lapsia, K. Lamb, and W. A. Yasnoff, “Where should electronic records for patients be stored?” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 81, no. 12, pp. 821–827, 2012.
- U. Bick and K. Doi, “Tutorial on Computer-Aided Diagnosis,” in Proceedings of the CARS, 2008.
- S. J. Kim, W. K. Moon, M. H. Seong, N. Cho, and J. M. Chang, “Computer-aided detection in digital mammography: false-positive marks and their reproducibility in negative mammograms,” Acta Radiologica, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 999–1004, 2009.
- J. Wei, B. Sahiner, L. M. Hadjiiski et al., “Computer-aided detection of breast masses on full field digital mammograms,” Medical Physics, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 2827–2838, 2005.
- Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System Atlas (BI-RADS Atlas), American College of Radiology, Reston, Va, USA, 2003.
- K. Doi, “Current status and future potential of computer-aided diagnosis in medical imaging,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 78, pp. S3–S19, 2005.
- J. Tang, R. M. Rangayyan, J. Xu, I. El Naqa, and Y. Yang, “Computer-aided detection and diagnosis of breast cancer with mammography: recent advances,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 236–251, 2009.
- United States Food and Drug Administration P970058, Summary of Safety and Effectiveness Data: R2 Technologies, 1998.
- United States Food and Drug Administration P970038, Summary of Safety and Effectiveness Data: ISSI, 2002.
- United States Food and Drug Administration P970034, Summary of Safety and Effectiveness Data: CADx Medical Systems, 2002.
- K. Bernstein, M. Bruun-Rasmussen, S. Vingtoft, S. K. Andersen, and C. Nøhr, “Modelling and implementing electronic health records in Denmark,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 74, no. 2–4, pp. 213–220, 2005.
- I. Jacobson, G. Booch, and J. Rumbaugh, The Unified Software Development Process, Addison-Wesley Professional, 1999.
- R. Hussein, U. Engelmann, A. Schroeter, and H.-P. Meinzer, “DICOM structured reporting—part 1. Overview and characteristics,” Radiographics, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 891–896, 2004.
- G. Bueno, N. Vállez, O. Déniz et al., “Automatic breast parenchymal density classification integrated into a CADe system,” International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 309–318, 2011.
- A. Saimi, T. Syomura, H. Suganuma, and I. Ishida, “Presentation layer framework of web application systems with server-side Java technology,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 24th Annual International Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC '00), pp. 473–478, October 2000.
- Y. Zhang, P. Yu, and J. Shen, “The benefits of introducing electronic health records in residential aged care facilities: a multiple case study,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 81, no. 10, pp. 690–704, 2012.
- Y. Sumita, M. Takata, K. Ishitsuka, Y. Tominaga, and K. Ohe, “Building a reference functional model for EHR systems,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 76, no. 9, pp. 688–700, 2007.
- S. Yoo, S. Kim, S. Lee, et al., “A study of user requests regarding the fully electronic health record system at seoul national university bundang hospital: challenges for future electronic health record systems,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, 2012.
- P. H. Meyers, C. M. Nice, H. C. Becker, N. J. Nettleton, J. W. Sweeney, and G. R. Meckstroth, “Automated computer analysis of radiographic images,” Radiology, vol. 83, pp. 1029–1034, 1964.
- F. Winsberg, M. Elkin, J. Macy, V. Bordaz, and W. Weymouth, “Detection of radiographic abnormalities in mammograms by means of optical scanning and computer analysis,” Radiology, vol. 89, pp. 211–215, 1967.
- M. F. Angelo, A. C. Patrocinio, H. Schiabel, R. B. Medeiros, and S. R. Pires, “Comparing mammographic images,” IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 74–81, 2008.
- T.-L. Ji, M. K. Sundareshan, and H. Roehrig, “Adaptive image contrast enhancement based on human visual properties,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 573–586, 1994.
- I. N. Bankman, Ed., Handbook of Medical Imaging, Processing and Analysis, Academic Press, 2000.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and Control, vol. 8, pp. 338–353, 1965.
- M. N. Ahmed, S. M. Yamany, N. Mohamed, A. A. Farag, and T. Moriarty, “A modified fuzzy C-means algorithm for bias field estimation and segmentation of MRI data,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 193–199, 2002.
- G. Bueno, “Fuzzy systems and deformable models,” in Intelligent and Adaptive Systems in Medicine, pp. 305–330, Taylor & Francis, 2008.
- F. Fritz, S. Balhorn, M. Riek, B. Breil, and M. Dugas, “Qualitative and quantitative evaluation of EHR-integrated mobile patient questionnaires regarding usability and cost-efficiency,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 81, no. 5, pp. 303–313, 2012.