- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 236315, 12 pages
Nonrigid Image Registration in Digital Subtraction Angiography Using Multilevel B-Spline
Digital Signal Processing Research Laboratory, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology,
Isfahan 84156-83111, Iran
Received 10 April 2013; Accepted 29 June 2013
Academic Editor: Venkatesh Mani
Copyright © 2013 Mansour Nejati et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. R. Brody, “Digital subtraction angiography,” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 29, pp. 1176–1180, 1982.
- E. H. W. Meijering, K. J. Zuiderveld, and M. A. Viergever, “Image registration for digital subtraction angiography,” International Journal of Computer Vision, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 227–246, 1999.
- B. Zitová and J. Flusser, “Image registration methods: a survey,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 977–1000, 2003.
- L. G. Brown, “Survey of image registration techniques,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 325–376, 1992.
- P. A. van den Elsen, E. J. D. Pol, and M. A. Viergever, “Medical image matching: a review with classification,” IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 26–39, 1993.
- J. B. A. Maintz and M. A. Viergever, “A survey of medical image registration,” Medical Image Analysis, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–36, 1998.
- J. V. Hajnal, D. L. G. Hill, and D. J. Hawkes, Medical Image Registration, CRS Press, Baton Rouge, Fla, USA, 2001.
- J. M. Fitzpatrick, D. R. Pickens III, J. J. Grefenstette, R. R. Price, and A. E. James Jr., “Technique for automatic motion correction in digital subtraction angiography,” Optical Engineering, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 1085–1093, 1987.
- P. Hua and I. Fram, “Feature-based image registration for digital subtraction angiography,” in Medical Imaging: Image Processing, M. H. Loew, Ed., Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 24–31, February 1992.
- G. S. Cox and G. de Jager, “Automatic registration of temporal image pairs for digital subtraction angiography,” in Medical Imaging: Image Processing, M. H. Loew, Ed., Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 188–199, 1994.
- T. M. Buzug, J. Weese, C. Fassnacht, and C. Lorenz, “Using an entropy similarity measure to enhance the quality of DSA images with an algorithm based on template matching,” in Visualization in Biomedical Computing, K.-H. Hohne and R. Kikinis, Eds., vol. 1131 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 235–240, Springer, 1996.
- T. M. Buzug, J. Weese, C. Lorenz, and W. Beil, “Histogram-based image registration for digital subtraction angiography,” in Image Analysis and Processing, A. Del Bimbo, Ed., vol. 1131 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 380–387, Springer, 1997.
- T. M. Buzug and J. Weese, “Image registration for DSA quality enhancement,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 103–113, 1998.
- N. Taleb and L. Jetto, “Image registration for applications in digital subtraction angiography,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 227–238, 1998.
- Y. Bentoutou, N. Taleb, M. Chikr El Mezouar, M. Taleb, and L. Jetto, “An invariant approach for image registration in digital subtraction angiography,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 2853–2865, 2002.
- Z. Cao, X. Liu, B. Peng, and Y.-S. Moon, “DSA image registration based on multiscale Gabor filters and mutual information,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Acquisition (ICIA '05), pp. 105–110, Macau, China, July 2005.
- Y. Bentoutou and N. Taleb, “Automatic extraction of control points for digital subtraction angiography image enhancement,” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 52, no. 1 I, pp. 238–246, 2005.
- Y. Bentoutou and N. Taleb, “A 3-D space-time motion detection for an invariant image registration approach in digital subtraction angiography,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 30–50, 2005.
- J. Wang and J. Q. Zhang, “An iterative refinement DSA image registration algorithm using structural image quality measure,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing (IIH-MSP '09), pp. 973–976, Kyoto, Japan, September 2009.
- J. Yang, Y. Wang, S. Tang, S. Zhou, Y. Liu, and W. Chen, “Multiresolution elastic registration of X-ray angiography images using thin-plate spline,” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 152–166, 2007.
- L. Ping, N. Hong, and S. Ye, “An efficient method for image registration in DSA,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Information Science and Engineering (ISISE '08), pp. 551–554, Shanghai, China, 2008.
- C. Harris and M. Stephens, “A combined corner and edge detector,” in Proceedings of the 4th Alvey Vision Conference, pp. 147–151, Manchester, UK, 1988.
- S. Lee, G. Wolberg, and S. Y. Shin, “Scattered data interpolation with multilevel b-splines,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 228–244, 1997.
- J. Canny, “A computational approach to edge detection,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 679–698, 1986.
- E. H. W. Meijering, W. J. Niessen, and M. A. Viergever, “Retrospective motion correction in digital subtraction angiography: a review,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 2–21, 1999.
- M. J. D. Powell, “An efficient method for finding the minimum of a function of several variables without calculating derivatives,” Computer Journal, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 155–162, 1964.
- J. Duchon, “Splines minimizing rotation-invariant semi-norms in sobolev spaces,” in Constructive Theory of Functions of Several Variables, W. Schempp and K. Zeller, Eds., pp. 85–100, Springer, 1977.
- F. L. Bookstein, “Principal warps: thin-plate splines and the decomposition of deformations,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 567–585, 1992.