- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 237146, 6 pages
Use of the Vascularized Iliac-Crest Flap in Musculoskeletal Lesions
Orthopaedic Department of HC-UNICAMP, P.O. Box 6142, 13083-888 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Received 26 April 2013; Accepted 5 September 2013
Academic Editor: Zbigniew Gugala
Copyright © 2013 Cristiane Tonoli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. M. Goldberg, J. W. Shaffer, G. Field, and D. T. Davy, “Biology of vascularized bone grafts,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 197–205, 1987.
- C. G. Finkemeier, “Bone-grafting and bone-graft substitutes,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 454–464, 2002.
- A. R. Gazdag, J. M. Lane, D. Glaser, and R. A. Forster, “Alternatives to autogenous bone graft: efficacy and indications,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 1995.
- J. W. Shaffer, D. T. Davy, G. A. Field, J. S. Bensusan, and G. J. Kellis, “The superiority of vascularized compared to nonvascularized rib grafts in spine surgery shown by biological and physical methods,” Spine, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 1150–1154, 1988.
- C. B. Cutting and J. G. McCarthy, “Comparison of residual osseous mass between vascularized and nonvascularized onlay bone transfers,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 672–675, 1983.
- A. T. Bishop, M. B. Wood, and K. K. Sheetz, “Arthrodesis of the ankle with a free vascularized autogenous bone graft. Reconstruction of segmental loss of bone secondary to osteomyelitis, tumor, or trauma,” The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, vol. 77, no. 12, pp. 1867–1875, 1995.
- T. R. Gaskill, J. R. Urbaniak, and J. M. Aldridge III, “Free vascularized fibular transfer for femoral head osteonecrosis: donor and graft site morbidity,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 91, no. 8, pp. 1861–1867, 2009.
- R. Legré, P. Samson, F. Tomei, and J. L. Jouve, “Treatment of substance loss of the bones of the leg in traumatology by transfer of the free vascularized iliac crest. Aprospos of 13 cases,” Revue de Chirurgie Orthopedique et Reparatrice de l'Appareil Moteur's, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 264–271, 1998.
- G. I. Taylor, “The current status of free vascularized bone grafts,” Clinics in Plastic Surgery, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 185–209, 1983.
- D. Martin, V. Pistre, V. Pinsolle, P. Pelissier, and J. Baudet, “The iliac crest. Perspective on a donor site of exceptional free flaps, 20 years after its initial description,” Annales de Chirurgie Plastique et Esthetique, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 201–218, 2000.
- G. K. Huang, Z. Z. Liu, Y. L. Shen, R. Q. Hu, H. Miao, and Z. Y. Yin, “Microvascular free transfer of iliac bone based on the deep circumflex iliac vessels,” Journal of Microsurgery, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 113–120, 1980.
- L. Pic Gomis and R. Gomis, “Vascularized iliac crest and distal radius reconstruction,” Chirurgie de la Main, vol. 29, supplement 1, pp. S49–S58, 2010.
- M. Henry, “Genicular corticoperiosteal flap salvage of resistant atrophic non-union of the distal radius metaphysis,” Hand Surgery, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 211–215, 2007.
- K. N. Malizos, Z. H. Dailiana, M. Innocenti, C. L. Mathoulin, R. Mattar Jr., and M. Sauerbier, “Vascularized bone grafts for upper limb reconstruction: defects at the distal radius, wrist, and hand,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1710–1718, 2010.
- A. V. Korompilias, N. K. Paschos, M. G. Lykissas, I. Kostas-Agnantis, M. D. Vekris, and A. E. Beris, “Recent updates of surgical techniques and applications of free vascularized fibular graft in extremity and trunk reconstruction,” Microsurgery, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 171–175, 2011.
- S. Kakar, A. Duymaz, S. Steinmann, A. Y. Shin, and S. L. Moran, “Vascularized medial femoral condyle corticoperiosteal flaps for the treatment of recalcitrant humeral nonunions,” Microsurgery, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 85–92, 2011.
- J. P. Anthony, J. D. Rawnsley, P. Benhaim, E. F. Ritter, S. H. Sadowsky, and M. I. Singer, “Donor leg morbidity and function after fibula free flap mandible reconstruction,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 146–152, 1995.
- P. J. Meagher and W. A. Morrison, “Free fibula flap—donor-site morbidity: case report and review of the literature,” Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 465–468, 2002.
- C. Harpf, M. Gabl, C. Reinhart et al., “Small free vascularized iliac crest bone grafts in reconstruction of the scaphoid bone: a retrospective study in 60 cases,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 664–674, 2001.
- U. M. Rieger, M. Haug, F. Schwarzl, D. F. Kalbermatten, B. Hintermann, and G. Pierer, “Free microvascular iliac crest flap for extensive talar necrosis—case report with a 16-year long-term follow up,” Microsurgery, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 667–671, 2009.
- K. Kanaya, T. Wada, H. Kura, T. Yamashita, M. Usui, and S. Ishii, “Valgus deformity of the ankle following harvesting of a vascularized fibular graft in children,” Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 91–96, 2002.
- S. N. Rogers, S. R. Lakshmiah, B. Narayan et al., “A comparison of the long-term morbidity following deep circumflex iliac and fibula free flaps for reconstruction following head and neck cancer,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 112, no. 6, pp. 1517–1527, 2003.
- C. Forrest, B. Boyd, R. Manktelow, R. Zuker, and V. Bowen, “The free vascularised iliac crest tissue transfer: donor site complications associated with eighty-two cases,” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 89–93, 1992.
- L. T. Kurz, S. R. Garfin, and R. E. Booth Jr., “Harvesting autogenous iliac bone grafts. A review of complications and techniques,” Spine, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 1324–1331, 1989.
- R. Sanders and B. J. Mayou, “A new vascularized bone graft transferred by microvascular anastomosis as a free flap,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 66, no. 11, pp. 787–788, 1979.