- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 243047, 2 pages
Understanding the Molecular Mechanism and Structure-Function Relationship of the Toxicity of PLA2 and K49 Homologs in Snake Venom
1Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), CP 6109, 13083-970 Campinas, SP, Brazil
2Laboratorio de Química Biológica, Departamento de Bioquímica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales y Agrimensura, Universidad Nacional del Nordeste (UNNE), Avenida Libertad 5470, Campus Universitario, CP 3400 Corrientes, Argentina
3Laboratório de Inflamação, Departamento de Farmacologia, Faculdade de Ciências Médicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP), R. Tessália Vieira de Camargo, 126, Caixa Postal 6111, 13084-971 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Received 20 December 2012; Accepted 20 December 2012
Copyright © 2013 Luis Alberto Ponce-Soto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Maraganore, G. Merutka, W. Cho, et al., “A new class of phospholipases A2 with lysine in place of aspartate 49. Functional consequences for calcium and substrate binding,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 259, no. 22, pp. 13839–13843, 1984.
- E. Condrea, J. E. Fletcher, B. E. Rapuano, C. C. Yang, and P. Rosenberg, “Dissociation of enzymatic activity from lethality and pharmacological properties by carbamylation of lysines in Naja nigricollis and Naja naja atra snake venom phospholipases A2,” Toxicon, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 705–720, 1981.
- R. Majunatha Kini and H. J. Evans, “A model to explain the pharmacological effects of snake venom phospholipases A2,” Toxicon, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 613–635, 1989.