- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 253957, 15 pages
The Complete Exosome Workflow Solution: From Isolation to Characterization of RNA Cargo
Life Technologies, Austin, TX 78744, USA
Received 15 April 2013; Revised 26 July 2013; Accepted 26 July 2013
Academic Editor: Chung-Liang Chien
Copyright © 2013 Jeoffrey Schageman et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mu Li, Emily Zeringer, Timothy Barta, Jeoffrey Schageman, Angie Cheng, and Alexander V. Vlassov, “Analysis of the RNA content of the exosomes derived from blood serum and urine and its potential as biomarkers,” Philosophical Transactions of The Royal Society B-Biological Sciences, vol. 369, no. 1652, 2014.
- Luca Musante, Dorota Ewa Tataruch, and Harry Holthofer, “Use and Isolation of Urinary Exosomes as Biomarkers for Diabetic Nephropathy,” Frontiers in Endocrinology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Xiaowen Zheng, Feng Chen, Jieni Zhang, Qian Zhang, and Jiuxiang Lin, “Exosome Analysis: A Promising Biomarker System with Special Attention to Saliva,” The Journal of Membrane Biology, 2014.
- Morten P. Oksvold, Anette Kullmann, Lise Forfang, Bente Kierulf, Mu Li, Andreas Brech, Alexander V. Vlassov, Erlend B. Smeland, Axl Neurauter, and Ketil W. Pedersen, “Expression of B-Cell Surface Antigens in Subpopulations of Exosomes Released From B-Cell Lymphoma Cells,” Clinical Therapeutics, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 847–862.e1, 2014.
- Fred H Hochberg, Nadia A Atai, David Gonda, Michael S Hughes, Brolin Mawejje, Leonora Balaj, and Robert S Carter, “Glioma diagnostics and biomarkers: an ongoing challenge in the field of medicine and science,” Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 439–452, 2014.
- Bas W. M. Balkom, Jaap Doorn, Nanda M. Verhoeven-Duif, and Marianne C. Verhaar, “The potential of exosomes in diagnosis and treatment of inborn errors of metabolism,” Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, 2014.
- Ivana Kawikova, and Philip W. Askenase, “Diagnostic and therapeutic potentials of exosomes in CNS diseases,” Brain Research, 2014.
- Yu Sun, “Tumor microenvironment and cancer therapy resistance,” Cancer Letters, 2015.
- Moritz Kebschull, and Panos N. Papapanou, “Mini but mighty: microRNAs in the pathobiology of periodontal disease,” Periodontology 2000, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 201–220, 2015.
- Bingqiong Ping, Satoshi Tsuno, Xinhui Wang, Yoshitaka Ishihara, Taro Yamashita, Keigo Miura, Fuminori Miyoshi, Yuki Shinohara, Tsutomu Matsuki, Yoshio Tanabe, Noriaki Tanaka, Toshihide Ogawa, Goshi Shiota, and Norimasa Miura, “ Comparative study of 18 F-FDG-PET/CT imaging and serum hTERT mRNA quantification in cancer diagnosis ,” Cancer Medicine, 2015.
- Ulrike Lambertz, Mariana E Oviedo Ovando, Elton JR Vasconcelos, Peter J Unrau, Peter J Myler, and Neil E Reiner, “Small RNAs derived from tRNAs and rRNAs are highly enriched in exosomes from both old and new world Leishmania providing evidence for conserved exosomal RNA Packaging,” BMC Genomics, vol. 16, no. 1, 2015.
- Ayelet Zlotogorski-Hurvitz, Dan Dayan, Gavriel Chaushu, Johanna Korvala, Tuula Salo, Raija Sormunen, and Marilena Vered, “Human Saliva-Derived Exosomes: Comparing Methods of Isolation,” Journal Of Histochemistry & Cytochemistry, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 181–189, 2015.
- Johann Mar Gudbergsson, Kasper Bendix Johnsen, Martin Najbjerg Skov, and Meg Duroux, “Systematic review of factors influencing extracellular vesicle yield from cell cultures,” Cytotechnology, 2015.
- Mu Li, Alex J. Rai, G. Joel DeCastro, Emily Zeringer, Timothy Barta, Susan Magdaleno, Robert Setterquist, and Alexander V. Vlassov, “An optimized procedure for exosome isolation and analysis using serum samples: Application to cancer biomarker discovery,” Methods, vol. 87, pp. 26–30, 2015.
- Ana GÃ¡mez-Valero, Sara InÃ©s Lozano-Ramos, Ioana Bancu, Ricardo Lauzurica-Valdemoros, and Francesc E. BorrÃ s, “Urinary Extracellular Vesicles as Source of Biomarkers in Kidney Diseases,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Akhil Srivastava, Justyna Filant, Katherine M. Moxley, Anil Sood, Scott McMeekin, and Rajagopal Ramesh, “Exosomes: A Role for Naturally Occurring Nanovesicles in Cancer Growth, Diagnosis and Treatment,” Current Gene Therapy, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 182–192, 2015.
- Javier Perez-Hernandez, and Raquel Cortes, “Extracellular Vesicles as Biomarkers of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus,” Disease Markers, vol. 2015, pp. 1–7, 2015.
- Daniel Taller, Katherine Richards, Zdenek Slouka, Satyajyoti Senapati, Reginald Hill, David B. Go, and Hsueh-Chia Chang, “On-chip surface acoustic wave lysis and ion-exchange nanomembrane detection of exosomal RNA for pancreatic cancer study and diagnosis,” Lab Chip, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 1656–1666, 2015.
- Akhil Srivastava, Anish Babu, Justyna Filant, Katherine M. Moxley, Rachel Ruskin, Danny Dhanasekaran, Anil K. Sood, Scott McMeekin, and Rajagopal Ramesh, “Exploitation of Exosomes as Nanocarriers for Gene-, Chemo-, and Immune-Therapy of Cancer,” Journal Of Biomedical Nanotechnology, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1159–1173, 2016.
- Irene Campoy, Lucia Lanau, Tatiana Altadill, Tamara Sequeiros, Silvia Cabrera, Montserrat Cubo-Abert, Assumpción Pérez-Benavente, Angel Garcia, Salvador Borrós, Anna Santamaria, Jordi Ponce, Xavier Matias-Guiu, Jaume Reventós, Antonio Gil-Moreno, Marina Rigau, and Eva Colas, “Exosome-like vesicles in uterine aspirates: a comparison of ultracentrifugation-based isolation protocols,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 14, no. 1, 2016.
- Soon Hyo Kwon, John R. Woollard, Ahmed Saad, Vesna D. Garovic, Ladan Zand, Kyra L. Jordan, Stephen C. Textor, and Lilach O. Lerman, “Elevated urinary podocyte-derived extracellular microvesicles in renovascular hypertensive patients,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, pp. gfw077, 2016.
- Zhen Lin, Kenneth Swan, Xin Zhang, Subing Cao, Zoe Brett, Stacy Drury, Michael J. Strong, Claire Fewell, Adriane Puetter, Xia Wang, MaryBeth Ferris, Deborah E. Sullivan, Li Li, and Erik K. Flemington, “Secreted Oral Epithelial Cell Membrane Vesicles Induce Epstein-Barr Virus Reactivation in Latently Infected B Cells,” Journal Of Virology, vol. 90, no. 7, pp. 3469–3479, 2016.
- Scott Ferguson, and Juliane Nguyen, “Exosomes as therapeutics: The implications of molecular composition and exosomal heterogeneity,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2016.
- Ahmed Ibrahim, and Eduardo Marbán, “Exosomes: Fundamental Biology and Roles in Cardiovascular Physiology,” Annual Review of Physiology, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 67–83, 2016.
- Tiezheng Yuan, Xiaoyi Huang, Mark Woodcock, Meijun Du, Rachel Dittmar, Yuan Wang, Susan Tsai, Manish Kohli, Lisa Boardman, Tushar Patel, and Liang Wang, “Plasma extracellular RNA profiles in healthy and cancer patients,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, pp. 19413, 2016.
- Gabriella Pocsfalvi, Christopher Stanly, Immacolata Fiume, and Károly Vékey, “Chromatography and its hyphenation to mass spectrometry for extracellular vesicle analysis,” Journal of Chromatography A, 2016.
- Zheng Zhao, Yang Yang, Yong Zeng, and Mei He, “A microfluidic ExoSearch chip for multiplexed exosome detection towards blood-based ovarian cancer diagnosis,” Lab Chip, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 489–496, 2016.