- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 258029, 6 pages
The Predictive Prognostic Values of Serum TNF-α in Comparison to SOFA Score Monitoring in Critically Ill Patients
Faculty of Medicine, Tanta University, 17 Elemam Moslem Street, Tanta 35217, Egypt
Received 22 April 2013; Revised 5 July 2013; Accepted 8 July 2013
Academic Editor: Surinder K. Jindal
Copyright © 2013 Ayman Abd Al-Maksoud Yousef and Ghada Abdulmomen Suliman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Blanco, A. Muriel-Bombín, V. Sagredo et al., “Incidence, organ dysfunction and mortality in severe sepsis: a Spanish multicentre study,” Critical Care, vol. 12, no. 6, article R158, 2008.
- F. L. Ferreira, D. P. Bota, A. Bross, C. Mélot, and J.-L. Vincent, “Serial evaluation of the SOFA score to predict outcome in critically ill patients,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 286, no. 14, pp. 1754–1758, 2001.
- W. T. McBride, M. A. Armstrong, A. D. Crockard, T. J. McMurray, and J. M. Rea, “Cytokine balance and immunosuppressive changes at cardiac surgery,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 129–130, 1996.
- H. J. Robertshaw and F. M. Brennan, “Release of tumour necrosis factor α (TNF-α) by TNFα cleaving enzyme (TACE) in response to septic stimuli in vitro,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 222–228, 2005.
- U. Janssens, R. Dujardin, J. Graf, et al., “Value of SOFA (Sequential Organ Failure Assessment) score and total maximum SOFA score in 812 patients with acute cardiovascular disorders,” Crit Care, vol. 5, supplement 1, article P225, 2001.
- “American College of Chest Physicians/Society of Critical Care Medicine Consensus Conference: Definitions for sepsis and organ failure and guidelines for the use of innovative therapies in sepsis,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 864–874, 1992.
- M. Türe, D. Memiş, I. Kurt, and Z. Pamukçu, “Predictive value of thyroid hormones on the first day in adult respiratory distress syndrome patients admitted to ICU: comparison with SOFA and APACHE II scores,” Annals of Saudi Medicine, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 466–472, 2005.
- K. M. Mohler, D. S. Torrance, C. A. Smith et al., “Soluble tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptors are effective therapeutic agents in lethal endotoxemia and function simultaneously as both TNF carriers and TNF antagonists,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 151, no. 3, pp. 1548–1561, 1993.
- A. E. Jones, S. Trzeciak, and J. A. Kline, “The Sequential Organ Failure Assessment score for predicting outcome in patients with severe sepsis and evidence of hypoperfusion at the time of emergency department presentation,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1649–1654, 2009.
- E. Presterl, T. Staudinger, M. Pettermann et al., “Cytokine profile and correlation to the apache iii and mpm ii scores m patients with sepsis,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 156, no. 3 I, pp. 825–832, 1997.
- D. Zygun, L. Berthiaume, K. Laupland, J. Kortbeek, and C. Doig, “SOFA is superior to MOD score for the determination of non-neurologic organ dysfunction in patients with severe traumatic brain injury: a cohort study,” Critical Care, vol. 10, no. 4, article R115, 2006.
- G. Gursel and S. Demirtas, “Value of APACHE II, SOFA and CPIS scores in predicting prognosis in patients with ventilator-associated pneumonia,” Respiration, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 503–508, 2006.
- L. Minne, A. Abu-Hanna, and E. de Jonge, “Evaluation of SOFA-based models for predicting mortality in the ICU: a systematic review,” Critical Care, vol. 12, no. 6, article R161, 2008.
- E. Cholongitas, M. Senzolo, D. Patch et al., “Risk factors, Sequential Organ Failure Assessment and Model for End-stage Liver Disease scores for predicting short term mortality in cirrhotic patients admitted to intensive care unit,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 883–893, 2006.
- R. Ceriani, M. Mazzoni, F. Bortone et al., “Application of the sequential organ failure assessment score to cardiac surgical patients,” Chest, vol. 123, no. 4, pp. 1229–1239, 2003.